Eric C

K1 visa process while working overseas

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am a US citizen and my fiance is from the Philippines and she is currently working in Morocco. My question is, Can I file for the K1 visa while she's working in Morocco or does she have to go back to the Philippines while processing the K1 visa? Advance thank you to everyone!

Eric

18 minutes ago, Eric C said:

Hi everyone!

I am a US citizen and my fiance is from the Philippines and she is currently working in Morocco. My question is, Can I file for the K1 visa while she's working in Morocco or does she have to go back to the Philippines while processing the K1 visa? Advance thank you to everyone!

Eric

As long as she has some type of residency there in Morocco then yes she can stay there to do processing.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Eric C said:

Hi everyone!

Eric

As long as she has legal residency in Morocco she can complete the visa process there.

This guide may be helpful.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/uscis-petition-process.html

As things progress with the visa process your fiancee will need various documents from PSA and NBI .. 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Eric C said:

... though in addition to what others have said, you and your fiancee might want to consider that Casablanca is typically a very tough consulate for K-1s, and Manila is typically a very easy one.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
31 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

... though in addition to what others have said, you and your fiancee might want to consider that Casablanca is typically a very tough consulate for K-1s, and Manila is typically a very easy one.

That is an excellent thought ... 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
15 hours ago, Eric C said:

Hi everyone!

Eric

What DaveAndAnastasia  stated is for sure something to give serious thought to, I was not aware of difficulty regarding the K-1 with the embassy in Morocco.   Philippines is not a difficult embassy as long as you follow the checklist and have a genuine relationship.

And if your fiancee decides to head back to the Philippines, she should make sure to acquire a police clearance before she exits.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
6 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

@DaveAndAnastasia thanks! Now I know where to start and where to proceed.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

What DaveAndAnastasia  stated is for sure something to give serious thought to, I was not aware of difficulty regarding the K-1 with the embassy in Morocco.   Philippines is not a difficult embassy as long as you follow the checklist and have a genuine relationship.

And if your fiancee decides to head back to the Philippines, she should make sure to acquire a police clearance before she exits.

@Hank Thank you. Can she still work in Morocco while we process the K1 visa in Manila?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eric C said:

@Hank Thank you. Can she still work in Morocco while we process the K1 visa in Manila?

Yes.

On the I-129F if you plan to complete the visa process in Manila list her residence as her home in the Philippines, not Morocco.     She can work in Morocco until USCIS issues the Approval NOA, and CEAC show ready status, at that time she needs to be in the Philippines to process in Manila.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
23 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yes.

On the I-129F if you plan to complete the visa process in Manila list her residence as her home in the Philippines, not Morocco.     She can work in Morocco until USCIS issues the Approval NOA, and CEAC show ready status, at that time she needs to be in the Philippines to process in Manila.

copy that! thank you! very much appreciated.

Edited by Eric C

Timeline
On 8/16/2019 at 3:59 PM, Hank_ said:

Yes.

Follow up question. Fiance also lived in Papua New Guinea. Can she get the police clearance now? Or do we have to wait for instructions? If she could get it now, it'll save us some time 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Eric C said:

Follow up question. Fiance also lived in Papua New Guinea. Can she get the police clearance now? Or do we have to wait for instructions? If she could get it now, it'll save us some time 

Yes she can get the police clearance now.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.