7 posts in this topic

Hello guys...

Since I’m married with US citizen so I’m processing my status in USA. On Monday, 12 August 2019, I’ll do biometric, but I have a problem. It seem like my husband changed. He don’t want to do joint account because he said enough with putting my name in his insurance and the beneficiary.

So far, he paid everything, about the stuff and the immigration process until now (since he asked me not to work until I have working permit), but I felt something not right and I’m not comfortable with that joint account, not having kid until I get my green card and some of ‘Marriage Life’s Things’ so.... what must I must suppose to do?

Also I’m afraid that when the interview sessions will come, the immigration can deport me right the way since my status in USA if they reject my case.

I’m thinking to end this marriage since he treated me like this way 😭😭😭😭😭

Thank you so much for your response, guys. 

Naive Wife

It's hard to say much here...it sounds like you're unhappy but there's no specific cause other than he doesn't want a joint account...?

He's correct that you are not permitted to work until you have a working permit (EAD) or green card.

Denial of AOS will not immediately result in deportation, but deportation is a possible end result if AOS is ultimately denied.

There appears to be a lot more going on in the relationship than what's been stated here. I suggest talking it through with your spouse, and get counseling if needed.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Thank you so much for your responses @Nitas_man and @geowrian

We talked already and that’s the decision since we live with together with my husband’s father and my father-in-law pay all my husband bills and our life expenses while my husband pays my credit card bills (my phone bill and my groceries stuffs). My father-in-law do this because he thinks he needs to prepare his son income if he stop works and his son can’t work. Especially for money management all on my father-in-law’s control (it’s my fault since I didn’t talk about this before marriage)

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Naive wife said:

Thank you so much for your responses @Nitas_man and @geowrian

We talked already and that’s the decision since we live with together with my husband’s father and my father-in-law pay all my husband bills and our life expenses while my husband pays my credit card bills (my phone bill and my groceries stuffs). My father-in-law do this because he thinks he needs to prepare his son income if he stop works and his son can’t work. Especially for money management all on my father-in-law’s control (it’s my fault since I didn’t talk about this before marriage)

You’re in a tough situation.  Your father-in-law is your co-sponsor?  

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Naive wife said:

No @Nitas_man, only my husband.

It’s common for K adjustment not to have a lot to show at first filing.  The SS card (if you were able to get one) is restricted.  Can’t work.  In a lot of states can’t get a drivers license or drive or get insurance.  On top of that?  It’s one of the roughest times in a marriage I think, at least it was for us mainly because truly you don’t really know each other until you actually live together LOL.  Has nothing to do with immigration but the whole immigration process makes it harder.

So at filing, there isn’t much “valid marriage” evidence available. Your basic package should be good with what you have.

You guys need to seriously talk though about how you want to manage your business (every couple gets that talk sooner or later) as EAD and other documents start arriving because by interview time you need to be prepared to document some level of shared financial responsibilities, decision making, and blended household to demonstrate a valid marriage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.