Voice of Reason

Jeffrey Epstein ordered teen girl to have sex with powerful men, accuser says

123 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Prostitutes are often sex slaves and have been so since a minor. They aren't doing it out of free will.

4 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Prostitutes are often sex slaves and have been so since a minor. They aren't doing it out of free will.

I said own free will

Filed: Timeline
33 minutes ago, Bettie Page said:

I don't defend Clinton but this is whataboutism at it's finest. And his daughter was there? Is there no end to the debauchery?

Yes, quite often parents take their kids out with them.  Surely you've heard of this parenting technique?  It helps the children socialize and adapt to their surroundings.

My "whataboutism" actually isn't.   The pics trying to link Trump came about after it was shown that Clinton was a frequent on Pervert Airlines.  They are circa 1992, and after Trump found out what a scumbag Epstein was, he had him barred from Mar a Lago.   And some photos have even been doctored.  Allow me...

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/07/bogus-photo-combines-trump-epstein-images/

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Yes, quite often parents take their kids out with them.  Surely you've heard of this parenting technique?  It helps the children socialize and adapt to their surroundings.

My "whataboutism" actually isn't.   The pics trying to link Trump came about after it was shown that Clinton was a frequent on Pervert Airlines.  They are circa 1992, and after Trump found out what a scumbag Epstein was, he had him barred from Mar a Lago.   And some photos have even been doctored.  Allow me...

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/07/bogus-photo-combines-trump-epstein-images/

This looks like a nice family gathering

35 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I will say the same thing about these women I said about the producer dudes women.

any woman "OF AGE"  that consents to give sexing favors to the rich and famous of her own free will and then later crys to the media about how she was taken advantage of,  has no sympathy from me. 

All the chicks including Ashley Judd who slept with Weinstein to get movie roles, and then spoke out about being victimized are no different than prostitutes who 10 years later get mad at the Johns 

Do you know what it's like to be pressured into a situation where you feel you have no choice but to give in to a powerful person's demands? Where you may have been groomed -- by your abuser, by your community, by whomever -- to believe that you must give in or you won't ever be able to advance? It's not the same as having the clarity of perspective that a person without those pressures can have at a distance. For you, or I, or any one of us who was not in the shoes of the women who were abused by Weinstein, told that their careers would be over unless they gave in, we can say, oh, she knew what she was doing and she did it anyway so sucks to be her, that wh*re. But it isn't the same. If your community tells you that unless you do X you cannot get ahead, even if X seems distasteful, often doing X can seem like the only way to proceed.

Now, you know and I know that it simply isn't true. I'm not saying that acquiescing to the demands of the powerful is always the only way, or that women can't resist or shouldn't resist. But sometimes sleeping with the enemy can look like a logical thing to do in the circumstances, if your own sense of perspective has been warped. I say this as someone who was coerced by someone with considerable financial resources into believing that I wanted my life to play out in a way that I really didn't because over time I grew to believe that it was just normal to live that way. Normal to give in even though there were red flags flying and consciously I knew I could walk out at any time.

Just my two pennies. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
11 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Do you know what it's like to be pressured into a situation where you feel you have no choice but to give in to a powerful person's demands? Where you may have been groomed -- by your abuser, by your community, by whomever -- to believe that you must give in or you won't ever be able to advance? It's not the same as having the clarity of perspective that a person without those pressures can have at a distance. For you, or I, or any one of us who was not in the shoes of the women who were abused by Weinstein, told that their careers would be over unless they gave in, we can say, oh, she knew what she was doing and she did it anyway so sucks to be her, that wh*re. But it isn't the same. If your community tells you that unless you do X you cannot get ahead, even if X seems distasteful, often doing X can seem like the only way to proceed.

Now, you know and I know that it simply isn't true. I'm not saying that acquiescing to the demands of the powerful is always the only way, or that women can't resist or shouldn't resist. But sometimes sleeping with the enemy can look like a logical thing to do in the circumstances, if your own sense of perspective has been warped. I say this as someone who was coerced by someone with considerable financial resources into believing that I wanted my life to play out in a way that I really didn't because over time I grew to believe that it was just normal to live that way. Normal to give in even though there were red flags flying and consciously I knew I could walk out at any time.

You keep on harping about one gender, it can happen to either.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You keep on harping about one gender, it can happen to either.

Well, I am speaking from my experience, which is that of a woman. :) It can happen to either, but the cases we hear about most frequently relate to women. It is also more likely that these kinds of power imbalances happen where the party with greater power is a man than a woman, because that is how our society is set up. Men can deny that the patriarchy exists, or that it has much power anymore, but that simply isn't correct. Men still vastly outnumber women at the heads of corporations large and small, in our representative government, and at the heads of public entities. Is it improving, has it improved? Yes, of course it has. But it's still a man's world.

44 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Men can deny that the patriarchy exists, or that it has much power anymore, but that simply isn't correct.

Silly girl, you said the "P" word. Tsk, tsk. We all know that's just a big old fat nasty lie made up by big old fat nasty feminazis who can't get a man. 

VJ is a place of FACTS. Do be a dear and get them straight.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Just now, Bettie Page said:

Based on my limited time on this website Visajourney has a blue ribbon panel of male experts on the issues affecting the female of the species

Yes, and because they are men, they are compensated more generously than women would be were they even allowed to have opinions on matters affecting the laydeez.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

To sum it up you said , they feel like they must give in to advance. In other words they slept with someone to advance their careers. 

2 hours ago, Bettie Page said:

This looks like a nice family gathering

Thank you for posting a video to back up my electronic words.  I appreciate the support.

I, too, have pointed out hawt ladies dancing to my Male friends.  And to my wife, as well.  Most people can appreciate talent and beauty. (Though my Male friends have never slapped me for sharing the view.  Women are weird.)

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Well, I am speaking from my experience, which is that of a woman. :) It can happen to either, but the cases we hear about most frequently relate to women. It is also more likely that these kinds of power imbalances happen where the party with greater power is a man than a woman, because that is how our society is set up. Men can deny that the patriarchy exists, or that it has much power anymore, but that simply isn't correct. Men still vastly outnumber women at the heads of corporations large and small, in our representative government, and at the heads of public entities. Is it improving, has it improved? Yes, of course it has. But it's still a man's world.

You say "either" like there are only two genders.  I thought you were a liberal arts major?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Thank you for posting a video to back up my electronic words.  I appreciate the support.

I, too, have pointed out hawt ladies dancing to my Male friends.  And to my wife, as well.  Most people can appreciate talent and beauty. (Though my Male friends have never slapped me for sharing the view.  Women are weird.)

God bless - I'm sure that after this sock hop they went and had malted milkshakes at the local diner and played songs on the jukebox

1 hour ago, elmcitymaven said:

Yes, and because they are men, they are compensated more generously than women would be were they even allowed to have opinions on matters affecting the laydeez.

You mean like the US men's soccer players are paid more than the wimmenz?  That kind of compensation???