2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
29 minutes ago, gur said:

are you able to get USCIS case updates on below link ?

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

Β 

Β 

It’s now working

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, John_ said:

I received my VAWA I360 approval Notice and EAD C31Β on July 26Β in the mail.Β 

Β 

I mailedΒ the renewal of EAC C09 to VSCΒ onΒ April 17.Β Now they also sent me another EAC C09 and Approval NoticeΒ Β based on my pending i485. Β  I have two EADs one C31 and one C09.Β 

Β 

Did anybody also get two EADs ?

Β 

I’m waiting forΒ interview now In NYC.Β 

Totally normal! I got 2 EAD’s tooΒ 

1:vawa(c31)

2:I765 (c09)

My suggestion is that NO MATTER what you MUST renew your EAD 3 months before expires so you are always with legal status.

Edited by FridayGirl@69

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
38 minutes ago, gur said:

are you able to get USCIS case updates on below link ?

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

Β 

Β 

The online web is absolutely going crazyy don’t relay on itΒ 

On 8/26/2019 at 12:09 PM, HopeHope__ said:

I would like to share something super important that I have learned during the period that I worked as immigration paralegal ( I worked duringΒ 6 months for my current attorney ). Every timeΒ she hasΒ a client that received to many RFE and had a high risk of having the case denied she tries to schedule anΒ appointment between the client and USCIS so the survivor has a chance to explain himself in person and clarify any doubts. Talk with your attorney about it in case you receive a notice of intent to deny. It’s not easy to get this appointment but it is completely possible. She has 100% of approved cases. I strongly recommended vawa survivors to seekΒ help at Catholic Legal Services. They are around the whole country.Β All the attorneys are very worried about each case and that’s why I had confidence to file my vawa. They helped me a lot. I started there as paralegal and I didn’t have a clue that one they I would be a survivor of domestic violence.Β 

@HopeHope__Β I honestly feel like firing my attorney. He hasn’t done a thing to help me since I retained him a month ago. I gave him my affidavit to review two weeks ago and not a feedback uptoΒ now. Last he told me was it’s my story,Β that he can’t tell me to modify my story. I honestly feel like I’m doing this on my own after putting myself in debt to pay him.

3 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

@HopeHope__Β I honestly feel like firing my attorney. He hasn’t done a thing to help me since I retained him a month ago. I gave him my affidavit to review two weeks ago and not a feedback uptoΒ now. Last he told me was it’s my story,Β that he can’t tell me to modify my story. I honestly feel like I’m doing this on my own after putting myself in debt to pay him.

WOW! That's really sad! This is why I insist that most of them are just about the money! ...well I don't care if they're only concerned about the money..but Christ!!! They should do their job! Your attorney obviously isn't committed! Doesn't care what you submit..the response confirms that! You should speak up! Put your foot down! Don't let them just take your money..the person who pays the piper, dictates the tune!!!Β 

14 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

Hi, my attorney helped me to elaborate my affidaviet , pls refer below points, as I was not such a good expressor of my thoughts

1. elaborate youΒ feelings of good time and bad time, to the truest level, dont hide or shy to express what you felt.Β 

2. If you followed any tradition, include that rituals and their significance in marriage.Β 

3. More descriptive It would be, it would answer many hidden questions, for the officer, who will read it.Β 

Edited by gur

2 hours ago, gur said:

friends, I am feeling very scared, as after my AoS interview 2 weeks back, I got knowledge from my attorney that USCIS officer (who interviewed me)Β calledΒ  them and sent them some notice which is onΒ  the way in postal service.Β 

Β 

What It can be ? Any idea ?

don't worry. they might need something from you :-)Β 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Totally normal! I got 2 EAD’s tooΒ 

1:vawa(c31)

2:I765 (c09)

My suggestion is that NO MATTER what you MUST renew your EAD 3 months before expires so you are always with legal status.

Thank you, yes i will do so but hopefully i get my interview before that.Β 

2 minutes ago, John_ said:

Thank you, yes i will do so but hopefully i get my interview before that.Β 

Exactly! Please remain this positive! We're looking forward to having interviews instead of renewing EADs!πŸ™πŸ˜πŸ˜βœ¨πŸ’«πŸ™ŒπŸŒŸπŸ˜Š

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh woah... seems like USCISΒ cases running fast now.. VAWA CASE showing they working on 2017 October cases and it was saying July or August last 2weeks ... I once heard in the news that uscus cases are gonna speed up soon.. hope it’s true though @Stillwinning!!!😊😎😎😎😎

Edited by Modu

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.