2,946 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I saw that some people posted here a few days ago saying that they are now skipping ahead straight to mailing out the request for the medical exam, interview notice and approval letter vs. sending the courtesy letter and informing petitionevthsr their case has now moved to the field office. If this is true, and I noticed that other folks who applied around a similar timeline as me have now started to get the interview request or already completed their interview. Hallelujah! 🙏 In this regard, is it wise to go ahead and book an appt with the doctor for the medical exam over the coming weeks? It’s valid for 6 months, right? Or, is it better to sit right and wait? If anyone have any recommendations for doctors in NYC, please pm me. I don’t have a  big budget so I need to plan for this advance. Hopefully it’s possible to get this all done under within $250-500 max. I would appreciate any input from you all. Have a wonderful evening, folks. Thank you for your time and valuable contribution. 🙏

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
35 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Hi all, 

I saw that some people posted here a few days ago saying that they are now skipping ahead straight to mailing out the request for the medical exam, interview notice and approval letter vs. sending the courtesy letter and informing petitionevthsr their case has now moved to the field office. If this is true, and I noticed that other folks who applied around a similar timeline as me have now started to get the interview request or already completed their interview. Hallelujah! 🙏 In this regard, is it wise to go ahead and book an appt with the doctor for the medical exam over the coming weeks? It’s valid for 6 months, right? Or, is it better to sit right and wait? If anyone have any recommendations for doctors in NYC, please pm me. I don’t have a  big budget so I need to plan for this advance. Hopefully it’s possible to get this all done under within $250-500 max. I would appreciate any input from you all. Have a wonderful evening, folks. Thank you for your time and valuable contribution. 🙏

I will suggest waitng because i am too waitng for interview was

Approved September 14th 2018 

Transfer to local office September 25th 2019 

Courtesy letter February 5th 2019 

See how long and nothing yet so i am praying and hoping its soon a s then i will do my medical 

ALSO IN NYC

Edited by MAYgirl

2 minutes ago, MAYgirl said:

See how long and nothing yet so i am praying and hoping its soon a s then i will do my medical 

ALSO IN NYC

NYC Takes the longest wait!!!! 😕 

4 minutes ago, MAYgirl said:

ALSO IN NYC

Transfer to local office Sep 25 2018 right...I see that's a typo! My dear..sometimes I wanna move to a different state that's faster! LOL😀😀 yeah it's best to wait till you get interview letter to go for medicals..but some folks were approved April 2019 and already have interview scheduled...yeah it's faster now..

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Transfer to local office Sep 25 2018 right...I see that's a typo! My dear..sometimes I wanna move to a different state that's faster! LOL😀😀 yeah it's best to wait till you get interview letter to go for medicals..but some folks were approved April 2019 and already have interview scheduled...yeah it's faster now..

Yes thats was a typo sorry 

41 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Hi all, 

I noticed that trend with recent approvals...especially from April 2019..Just wait for the interview letter to go get the medicals done..I'm waiting for my interview letter as well..the latest for me is Courtesy letter! It will come soon I believe🙏😀😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
43 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Hi all, 

I did a lot of research on medicals and found that there are doctors that ask for a small copay fee as less as $20-30 and bill the rest as annual physicals to your insurance(this was suggested by another VJ member here too). I’m going to one such dr for mine. Hope you too and others find such an arrangement which would ensure you don’t have to pay outta pocket. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
Just now, Strife said:

I did a lot of research on medicals and found that there are doctors that ask for a small copay fee as less as $20-30 and bill the rest as annual physicals to your insurance(this was suggested by another VJ member here too). I’m going to one such dr for mine. Hope you too and others find such an arrangement which would ensure you don’t have to pay outta pocket. 

Just make sure that you have an updated vaccination record with you. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
57 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Hi all, 

The only notice I received after VAWA approval was courtesy letter and then Interview letter. No online notification at all. I had to rush and get medical completed before the interview. My medical was 475.00. 

They changed the rules for medical. You can only have your medical as early as 60 days prior to submission but it is good for two years after submission. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

48 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

The only notice I received after VAWA approval was courtesy letter and then Interview letter. No online notification at all. I had to rush and get medical completed before the interview. My medical was 475.00. 

They changed the rules for medical. You can only have your medical as early as 60 days prior to submission but it is good for two years after submission. 

Thank God, I was worried my medical is gonna go to waste. My attorney asked me to submit medical exam along with i360 and i485. I will only need to do another medical exam if my case processing is over 2 years. (Fingers crossed)

1 hour ago, MAYgirl said:

ALSO IN NYC

Thank you dear, yes, that’s s long gap in between approval notice and courtesy letter then transfer notice. I hope you get your request for interview soon and don’t have too long to wait for the interview date. NYC & Chicago wait times appear to be much longer than other places. Let’s hope for the best and I believe a positive outcome is in store for everyone here. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.