skipperdee

K1 Filers - July / August NOA2 - Montreal

523 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you guys sent in your packet 3 info upon receiving your first "Ready"? I just got my first "Ready" today and wondering if I wait to send in the packet 3 until next week... 

I am just a couple of weeks behind you all and have found your thread extremely helpful. Super excited to see you all getting approved and wishing you luck with your move :D 

Timeline

We waited one or two days before sending packet3 after the first ready. When the date changed but still in ready status, we sent it again (sept5). That was after a week, if i remember right. The next day, we got packet4 via email. I think we never got packet 3.

Timeline
4 hours ago, pandp said:

We've been ISSUED too!! About two hours ago, so happy. My sentiments exactly - thank you to everyone here, this forum provided much needed support and information during this process. 

See you on the other side! 

No changes to mine, still at application received 🙄Starting to get annoyed with the embassy cause I was there the same day as you guys. 

Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 10:43 AM, purem4g1c said:

I went through POE in Ottawa Airport so it may be different but probably very similar. It went from TSA scan area instantly to where they ask "why are you coming to the US" which is where they took my immigration documents. Is the line that long in Toronto to enter the US? 

depends on the day. when i went to reno last week of oct, there was a lineup on both tsa and immigration. good thing i have my nexus so it was a breeze for me. not even asked by cbp except "where is your boarding pass?". 😁

Timeline
36 minutes ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

Did you guys sent in your packet 3 info upon receiving your first "Ready"? I just got my first "Ready" today and wondering if I wait to send in the packet 3 until next week... 

I am just a couple of weeks behind you all and have found your thread extremely helpful. Super excited to see you all getting approved and wishing you luck with your move :D 

27 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

We waited one or two days before sending packet3 after the first ready. When the date changed but still in ready status, we sent it again (sept5). That was after a week, if i remember right. The next day, we got packet4 via email. I think we never got packet 3.

We sent ours as soon as we saw the first ready on Aug. 28, but may have been too quick to the draw. They sent us an email back right away saying please wait to send your Packet 3 materials until the Visa Unit is ready.

Then we got the second ready on September 5, sent an inquiry email (whether or not to send the materials again), they responded the next morning telling us to send the Packet 3 components, and we sent the materials again. They responded on September 10 with Packet 4. Based on what people here had recommended, it worked for us to just keep communicating with them until they told us it was okay to send, then wait for them to send Packet 4. This was SO much faster because we only received the actual Packet 3 request in the mail weeks later. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

I sent mine in when I received my second ready and received P4 and booked my interview the next day!

Timeline
2 hours ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

If you can hold off sending P3 till the 2nd READY... that seems to be the ticket to getting P4.

Edited by CON

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kim & Christopher said:

No changes to mine, still at application received 🙄Starting to get annoyed with the embassy cause I was there the same day as you guys. 

Hang in there... check if the dates are updating.  If the date is changing, it's moving.

Ours changed Nov 6th day of the interview to AR,  date updated 12th, 13th, 14th to AP,  then ISSUED on the 15th.

Edited by CON

Timeline
3 hours ago, CON said:

Hang in there... check if the dates are updating.  If the date is changing, it's moving.

Ours changed Nov 6th day of the interview to AR,  date updated 12th, 13th, 14th to AP,  then ISSUED on the 15th.

They updated the date on the 14th but it stayed as application received. And they haven’t updated the date since. I’m don’t even know who to email anymore haha 

Timeline
5 hours ago, CON said:

If you can hold off sending P3 till the 2nd READY... that seems to be the ticket to getting P4.

Okay.. so how does the 2nd READY differ in appearance from the first? Does it actually say 2nd?.. or something like that?

And what would be the usual time interval between them?

Thanks in advance.

Removal of conditions

05-02-23 I-751 sent via FedEx.

05-03-23 I-751 delivered to USCIS address in Tempe AZ.

05-09-23 Check for $680 cashed.

05-15-23 Received I-797 NOA (48-month extension). A separate letter saying biometrics to be re-used. A third letter giving online access code.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, FeelingYoung66 said:

Okay.. so how does the 2nd READY differ in appearance from the first? Does it actually say 2nd?.. or something like that?

Thanks in advance.

The date will change but the status stays as Ready. So you have to remember the first time the status changed to Ready.  😉

Ours, I believed, took a week between the two Ready's.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi guys,

I also had my appointment on November 6th at Montreal.

The thing is it didnt move since... on ais.usvisa-info.com the current status is still stuck in "Appointment" with the date....

and on ceac.state.gov I'am still stuck on "Ready" ! like the second ready you have to send packet 4 you know

My case case was not updated until yesterday (so November 15 updated) but still in Ready status.

and yeah I am still on Immigrant Visa, i think it has to move from immigrant visa to Non imigrant visa isnt'it ?

Thanks

Timeline
2 hours ago, sammy0013 said:

Hi guys,

I also had my appointment on November 6th at Montreal.

The thing is it didnt move since... on ais.usvisa-info.com the current status is still stuck in "Appointment" with the date....

and on ceac.state.gov I'am still stuck on "Ready" ! like the second ready you have to send packet 4 you know

My case case was not updated until yesterday (so November 15 updated) but still in Ready status.

and yeah I am still on Immigrant Visa, i think it has to move from immigrant visa to Non imigrant visa isnt'it ?

Thanks

Mine also was hit or miss on updating, so I don’t know if we should completely rely on their updates. I’m sure just emailing them might clarify everything, but we won’t get an answer til Monday probably. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kim & Christopher said:

Mine also was hit or miss on updating, so I don’t know if we should completely rely on their updates. I’m sure just emailing them might clarify everything, but we won’t get an answer til Monday probably. 

Thank you, yes I will. I guess we just have to be patient and wait

Timeline
On 11/15/2019 at 10:32 PM, FeelingYoung66 said:

Thanks in advance.

Mine took 7 days exactly. As wingman said, the date will be different. I checked it nearly everyday for the week after I had seen the first ready.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.