skipperdee

K1 Filers - July / August NOA2 - Montreal

523 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, stephnjaxgo2tx said:

Quick question - did they require original documents for the W2 or were you able to provide photocopies? 

Thanks in advance :) 

fiancee didn't have w2 since self-employed but all of her financial documents were printed from the net. yes, i was asked for her w2 but when given that explanation, the lady didn't ask again. i only provided tax form 2018 and tax transcript 2018.

On 11/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, wingman23 said:

Hi Pandp, what time was ur interview? Me and my son were #7 (at 7.30AM).

We checked CEAC same day and it changed from READY to Application Received.

Hopefully, it will be AP by Tuesday when they re-open at their new location. 

Hi wingman23! Any updates on the tracking # or delivery? I did the interview on the 6th as well, but nothing so far ...  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Oh_Canada said:

Hi wingman23! Any updates on the tracking # or delivery? I did the interview on the 6th as well, but nothing so far ...  

No movement so far (still application received). They will re-open tomorrow.  What's your current status?

What was your number last Nov 6?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Oh_Canada said:

Hey @Oh_Canada, no movement on our end either following our Nov 6 interview. I sent an email today and got an auto-response that notified that they were closed Thursday, November 7 and Friday, November 8, as well as yesterday, November 11, so we're hoping they're just a couple of days delayed processing the approved visas from last Wednesday. That seems to make the most sense..

As soon as anyone gets an update let us know! 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, CON said:

Still shows Application Received as of now, but last updated yesterday Nov 12th.  I'd say that's a good sign... maybe passports will be mailed soon.

Hey Con, does your status say "Application Received" on your CEAC page? Ours only says 'Ready' but perhaps that's because we had a later interview time? Pretty frustrating that their office was closed all day Thursday, Friday, and Monday.. we definitely did not factor that in as they reassured there wouldn't be any delays. 

Hoping to see a change soon.. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, pandp said:

Hey Con, does your status say "Application Received" on your CEAC page? Ours only says 'Ready' but perhaps that's because we had a later interview time? Pretty frustrating that their office was closed all day Thursday, Friday, and Monday.. we definitely did not factor that in as they reassured there wouldn't be any delays. 

Hoping to see a change soon.. 

Yes, on CEAC website.  The day of the interview (a couple of hours later), it changed from READY to APPLICATION RECEIVED and also switched from IMMIGRANT to NON IMMIGRANT. 

You can check NON IMMIGRANT status on CEAC using DS-160 application number.

Edited by CON

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CON said:

Yes, on CEAC website.  The day of the interview (a couple of hours later), it changed from READY to APPLICATION RECEIVED and also switched from IMMIGRANT to NON IMMIGRANT. 

You can check NON IMMIGRANT status on CEAC using DS-160 application number.

Okay, thanks CON, that's useful information. I'm not sure why ours hasn't changed if we were all there the same day, but I know sometime's their updates are fairly arbitrary. Thanks again. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, pandp said:

Okay, thanks CON, that's useful information. I'm not sure why ours hasn't changed if we were all there the same day, but I know sometime's their updates are fairly arbitrary. Thanks again. 

You're welcome @pandp

My fiance's appointment was at 7 am.  So they had more time to process most likely... 

Let's update each other here. We are ALL on pins and needles until visa's are on hand.  Waiting continues.

Timeline
Just now, CON said:

You're welcome @pandp

My fiance's appointment was at 7 am.  So they had more time to process most likely... 

Let's update each other here. We are ALL on pins and needles until visa's are on hand.  Waiting continues.

True, my fiancé's was at 9am and they closed at 3pm, so that would make sense. 

Haha, so true. And to think we thought approval was the end of the tunnel...Yes, let's all update. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, pandp said:

True, my fiancé's was at 9am and they closed at 3pm, so that would make sense. 

Haha, so true. And to think we thought approval was the end of the tunnel...Yes, let's all update. 

Latest update, ours has now changed to 'Application Received' and from IMMIGRANT to NON IMMIGRANT. Things are moving! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, pandp said:

Latest update, ours has now changed to 'Application Received' and from IMMIGRANT to NON IMMIGRANT. Things are moving! 

Hoping and praying that they wnd out the passports this week. Fingers crossed!

Timeline

Landed in Montreal this afternoon. Medical is first thing in the morning. Nerves are at an all time high. 😫 

Looking forward you tomorrow being over so we can try to enjoy some vacation time. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, minails said:

Landed in Montreal this afternoon. Medical is first thing in the morning. Nerves are at an all time high. 😫 

Looking forward you tomorrow being over so we can try to enjoy some vacation time. 

Good luck! Medical in Toronto was a breeze, so hopefully it is in Montreal, too.  Good luck with the interview and enjoy Montreal. Still have no idea what I'm gonna do for the few days that I am there haha. Let me know if you have any good recommendations  😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.