Afghan93

Administrative Processing CR1 Kabul Embassy

57 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 8/21/2019 at 12:02 PM, NeHAZ16 said:

Hi! Yes, my fiancé has been in AP for 16 months. I haven’t really heard of anyone from Afghanistan getting a visa. Most people are still waiting/ in AP. 

@NeHAZ16 do you think it’s for the people living in Afghanistan or just an Afghan National in general? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. My husband has been in Administrative Processing for 1 year after his interview. We were asked to submit additional documents but since submitting, nothing. I’m very sad. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
58 minutes ago, Shamla said:

Any update? Seems no one is filling out their timelines here. 

Hi. My husband received an email recently saying that his administrative processing is almost done and that he needs to renew his medical exam and hand in his passport. He just did the exam so we will be waiting anxiously for anymore updates. He had his interview in September 2018 then had been put in Administrative Processing, the only time we saw updates was when an inquiry was sent. Then about a month ago we noticed CEAC was updating on its own and then we received the email from the Embassy. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
48 minutes ago, LizaH said:

Hi. My husband received an email recently saying that his administrative processing is almost done and that he needs to renew his medical exam and hand in his passport. He just did the exam so we will be waiting anxiously for anymore updates. He had his interview in September 2018 then had been put in Administrative Processing, the only time we saw updates was when an inquiry was sent. Then about a month ago we noticed CEAC was updating on its own and then we received the email from the Embassy. 

Wishing you luck. I wonder if people are getting visas or are they not updating timelines. I don’t know and feels discouraging. . 

1 hour ago, Shamla said:

Wishing you luck. I wonder if people are getting visas or are they not updating timelines. I don’t know and feels discouraging. . 

Thank you. I know how you feel, we have felt the same. I think a lot of people have been stuck in Administrative Processing. If you look at the monthly visa issuing reports not many IR-1/CR-1 Visa’s have been given. My husband does know of a couple others who got their visas, one was 18 months in AP. At his medical renewal he asked others there and they were all on similar timelines to ours. More than 1 year in AP seems to be the normal. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, LizaH said:

Thank you. I know how you feel, we have felt the same. I think a lot of people have been stuck in Administrative Processing. If you look at the monthly visa issuing reports not many IR-1/CR-1 Visa’s have been given. My husband does know of a couple others who got their visas, one was 18 months in AP. At his medical renewal he asked others there and they were all on similar timelines to ours. More than 1 year in AP seems to be the normal. 

Are K1 better in Kabul? Are those issued more with less AP? It seems some in K1 are also in AP for a year or so. 

38 minutes ago, Shamla said:

Are K1 better in Kabul? Are those issued more with less AP? It seems some in K1 are also in AP for a year or so. 

No, I think they are about the same, maybe even less. More K1 visas/petitions are being denied in general. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, LizaH said:

No, I think they are about the same, maybe even less. More K1 visas/petitions are being denied in general. 

So what do these couples do? The answer is not being apart. Do they just move to their fiancé country until approved?

1 hour ago, Shamla said:

So what do these couples do? The answer is not being apart. Do they just move to their fiancé country until approved?

Your only option is to wait. As a sponsor you have to show you can support your spouse/fiancé so unless you have another joint sponsor you have to stay in the US and work, maintain a residence. I have gone to visit my husband a few times but the times in between are very difficult. I’ve had to raise our daughter away from her father and taking plane rides across to the other side of the world with a baby/toddler is very challenging. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, LizaH said:

Your only option is to wait. As a sponsor you have to show you can support your spouse/fiancé so unless you have another joint sponsor you have to stay in the US and work, maintain a residence. I have gone to visit my husband a few times but the times in between are very difficult. I’ve had to raise our daughter away from her father and taking plane rides across to the other side of the world with a baby/toddler is very challenging. 

That’s so sad. Having a child away from her father isn’t easy. But I was saying mostly if you visit for a few months at a time. Visiting for few days just doesn’t cut it especially being apart. It’s not fair that someone else has to decide your future and your child’s future. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.