Afghan93

Administrative Processing CR1 Kabul Embassy

57 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, LizaH said:

If your aunt hasn’t had contact with the embassy in awhile she should send an inquiry using their online form, there’s one for expired status, as the cases automatically expire when some time has passed with no activity. Just a little note saying still interested in immigrating to the US. Also check the NVC website you might find your DS-260 as “re-opened” this happened to us so we updated it, signed and resubmitted. It should always be in submitted status. Our visa class was also updated from CR-1 to IR-1 when they contacted us to re-medical. We probably weren’t updated because our AP is complete per the email we received. I just checked and it’s still the March date. I’m guessing with the embassy closed they’re probably catching up on other cases. 

Yeah, we emailed the embassy in March and notified them of the expired status and they didn’t reply nor did they update it back to AP until yesterday. Also in the beginning of March we updated their DS-260 because it was open. So now everything is back to normal thankfully. Soon you guys will get the passport back with the visa inshallah. Hopefully this COVID-19 goes away soon. Thanks for the info by the way!

2 hours ago, A.yasini said:

Yeah, we emailed the embassy in March and notified them of the expired status and they didn’t reply nor did they update it back to AP until yesterday. Also in the beginning of March we updated their DS-260 because it was open. So now everything is back to normal thankfully. Soon you guys will get the passport back with the visa inshallah. Hopefully this COVID-19 goes away soon. Thanks for the info by the way!

No worries. They didn’t reply to us either, just they updated the status. Inshallah they reopen soon and we’re all contacted and then reunited. It’s been a long time. 

On 5/6/2020 at 7:20 PM, LizaH said:

If your aunt hasn’t had contact with the embassy in awhile she should send an inquiry using their online form, there’s one for expired status, as the cases automatically expire when some time has passed with no activity. Just a little note saying still interested in immigrating to the US. Also check the NVC website you might find your DS-260 as “re-opened” this happened to us so we updated it, signed and resubmitted. It should always be in submitted status. Our visa class was also updated from CR-1 to IR-1 when they contacted us to re-medical. We probably weren’t updated because our AP is complete per the email we received. I just checked and it’s still the March date. I’m guessing with the embassy closed they’re probably catching up on other cases. 

hi 

after reading this I checked the ceac and my husband’s case is showing "re-opened". and just three days ago we received an email that the case is almost complete and he should do medical again. did you submit it by yourself or they asked you to do so?  

11 hours ago, Angel444 said:

hi 

after reading this I checked the ceac and my husband’s case is showing "re-opened". and just three days ago we received an email that the case is almost complete and he should do medical again. did you submit it by yourself or they asked you to do so?  

We submitted ourselves as that’s what I had researched. Upon viewing it there was the additional questions that was added to the DS-260 that weren’t there on the original we filled out as they changed the form. So we filled out the new questions and updated any information, signed and resubmit. You don’t pay again. The DS-260 is only reopened by the embassy themselves. You can use the online inquiry form on the embassy website to ask if you should do it. I just know in order to receive your visa and for re-oath/interview it needs to be completed. 

3 minutes ago, LizaH said:

We submitted ourselves as that’s what I had researched. Upon viewing it there was the additional questions that was added to the DS-260 that weren’t there on the original we filled out as they changed the form. So we filled out the new questions and updated any information, signed and resubmit. You don’t pay again. The DS-260 is only reopened by the embassy themselves. You can use the online inquiry form on the embassy website to ask if you should do it. I just know in order to receive your visa and for re-oath/interview it needs to be completed. 

thank you so much for sharing 

9 minutes ago, Angel444 said:

thank you so much for sharing 

Hi Angel,

It’s great that they emailed you stating the case was almost complete! Congrats! May I ask when your husband’s interview was?

5 hours ago, Angel444 said:

it was on October 2018.

Oh okay. Were you keeping track of how many updates there were before they notified you that your case is almost complete? I’ve been waiting since May 2018 and have had only 2 updates on its own in these 2 years. Other times it would update only when I’d send an inquiry. 

37 minutes ago, A.yasini said:

Oh okay. Were you keeping track of how many updates there were before they notified you that your case is almost complete? I’ve been waiting since May 2018 and have had only 2 updates on its own in these 2 years. Other times it would update only when I’d send an inquiry. 

I was checking regularly and it only updated when there was any inquiry either by us or the Senators office. It’s exactly as I suspected, anyone put in AP just is put in a queue and it’s taking about a year and a half cycle. I know because everyone who had an interview around same time as us (September 2018) was contacted around the same time as us. My husband went collecting everyone’s phone number and did a survey getting everyones details and it was all the same pattern. That whole year and a half it was just sitting at the embassy doing nothing, no “processing” is being done. It just depends how backed up they are on certain visas but they’re doing it in order. We were contacted in February so it makes sense for you having an October interview you were recently contacted. 

4 minutes ago, LizaH said:

I was checking regularly and it only updated when there was any inquiry either by us or the Senators office. It’s exactly as I suspected, anyone put in AP just is put in a queue and it’s taking about a year and a half cycle. I know because everyone who had an interview around same time as us (September 2018) was contacted around the same time as us. My husband went collecting everyone’s phone number and did a survey getting everyones details and it was all the same pattern. That whole year and a half it was just sitting at the embassy doing nothing, no “processing” is being done. It just depends how backed up they are on certain visas but they’re doing it in order. We were contacted in February so it makes sense for you having an October interview you were recently contacted. 

Yeah that’s what I’m hearing from everyone. It just worries me because my husband’s interview was 2 years ago. May of 2018. We just had our 2nd update on May 5th in these 2 years. We haven’t been notified of the case being almost complete nor a second medical. Still, every case is different and it depends on the speed of the CO working on the case also. We are praying for the best and really hope all of us waiting for our spouses get reunited soon inshallah. 

16 minutes ago, A.yasini said:

Yeah that’s what I’m hearing from everyone. It just worries me because my husband’s interview was 2 years ago. May of 2018. We just had our 2nd update on May 5th in these 2 years. We haven’t been notified of the case being almost complete nor a second medical. Still, every case is different and it depends on the speed of the CO working on the case also. We are praying for the best and really hope all of us waiting for our spouses get reunited soon inshallah. 

If you haven’t already you should do an inquiry with the Senators office. We got some extra information this way, the office for us was great, they were sending an inquiry every month. It also makes a difference in time too if the sponsor is a US Citizen vs resident. Inshallah they will catch up in this time and you’ll be contacted soon.

24 minutes ago, LizaH said:

If you haven’t already you should do an inquiry with the Senators office. We got some extra information this way, the office for us was great, they were sending an inquiry every month. It also makes a difference in time too if the sponsor is a US Citizen vs resident. Inshallah they will catch up in this time and you’ll be contacted soon.

Yeah, I did contact my congressman in September and he did get in touch with the embassy in Kabul. Thank you for your kind words. I hope your medical is done soon and get the visa in hand.  

54 minutes ago, LizaH said:

my husband had his interview in september of 2018 as well and his case got updated for the first time, by itself that it, on may 6th

Just now, Afghan93 said:

my husband had his interview in september of 2018 as well and his case got updated for the first time, by itself that it, on may 6th

Awesom, inshallah you guys are reunited very soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.