Afghan93

Administrative Processing CR1 Kabul Embassy

57 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Shamla said:

That’s so sad. Having a child away from her father isn’t easy. But I was saying mostly if you visit for a few months at a time. Visiting for few days just doesn’t cut it especially being apart. It’s not fair that someone else has to decide your future and your child’s future. 

You can stay as long as you are able to meet sponsorship requirements and maintain a residence in the US, I would not go more than 6 months in the year. You have to have a permanent address in the US where your spouse or fiancé would live. The longest I stayed at one time was a month, I wasn’t able to be gone longer than that otherwise I probably would have stayed longer. I filed the petition in 2017 so we have been going through it since then.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 minutes ago, LizaH said:

You can stay as long as you are able to meet sponsorship requirements and maintain a residence in the US, I would not go more than 6 months in the year. You have to have a permanent address in the US where your spouse or fiancé would live. The longest I stayed at one time was a month, I wasn’t able to be gone longer than that otherwise I probably would have stayed longer. I filed the petition in 2017 so we have been going through it since then.

Wow that’s so long. It’s not fair. Really old men bring teenagers from asian countries  and they get approved right away. And those that are if same culture and religion are kept away from one another. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
On 2/23/2020 at 12:46 PM, Shamla said:

Any update? Seems no one is filling out their timelines here. 

Hello,

Yes my husband (was my fiance) received his visa shortly after the interview. He never moved abroad, and his home from when he was born till he arrived in the US was the same. I think because he had a fairly simple background it was easier to conduct the AP and approve him. Best of luck to you, do not loose hope!

1 hour ago, kamorable said:

Hello,

Yes my husband (was my fiance) received his visa shortly after the interview. He never moved abroad, and his home from when he was born till he arrived in the US was the same. I think because he had a fairly simple background it was easier to conduct the AP and approve him. Best of luck to you, do not loose hope!

Yes I believe that to be true. A lot of women are given visas quicker because they are considered lower risk, they have not traveled anywhere, many not even having a job so not much to look up.

• 1 month later...

Salam Everyone,

Does anyone have any idea if the Kabul Embassy is working on AP cases or are they completely shut down? In exactly a week it will be 2 years since my husband had his interview and his passport was kept. He’s been in AP all this time. I applied for him in January of 2017. I wish everyone waiting to be together with their loved ones will be reunited soon. 

12 minutes ago, A.yasini said:

applied

Actually, I just checked my case status and saw that it was last updated May 5th, 2020 on its own! That means they are still working on cases so don’t lose hope guys! 

3 hours ago, A.yasini said:

Actually, I just checked my case status and saw that it was last updated May 5th, 2020 on its own! That means they are still working on cases so don’t lose hope guys! 

I don’t know why your case updated but ours has not updated since March when they stopped working. As far as I’m aware they’re still not processing visas. My husband was in line for another re-oath or interview according to the Senators office. He had been called in for re-medical. Another person he knows was in the last group that got to pick up their passports but are stuck because there’s no flights! 

5 hours ago, A.yasini said:

salam! I saw your message and decided to check my husbands account and i also got an update on may 6 2020 and i applied for him in august of 2017 and he had his interview september of 2018 

3 hours ago, LizaH said:

I don’t know why your case updated but ours has not updated since March when they stopped working. As far as I’m aware they’re still not processing visas. My husband was in line for another re-oath or interview according to the Senators office. He had been called in for re-medical. Another person he knows was in the last group that got to pick up their passports but are stuck because there’s no flights! 

Oh that’s odd. Yes, I also know someone who picked up his passport but then flights got cancelled so he is still waiting. I checked the Itn my aunt who applied for her husband in December of 2016 (1 month before me) and she also got an update on May 6th 2020. 

1 hour ago, Afghan93 said:

salam! I saw your message and decided to check my husbands account and i also got an update on may 6 2020 and i applied for him in august of 2017 and he had his interview september of 2018 

Oh that’s great! Maybe it’s automatically updating on its own? Because my aunt had an update on May 6th 2020 also. I wonder if anyone else had their case updated. Actually my aunt’s says expired and to reapply. I helped her email the embassy to check why the status is “expired” in the beginning of March, however they have not replied yet. Her “last updated” Status was changed to May 6th 2020 but her case still is showing as “expired.” Mine says “refused.”  I am thinking maybe the embassy itself is closed, but they may be working remotely on old cases? Lol, maybe I am just trying to think i positive and hope for the best. 

2 minutes ago, A.yasini said:

Oh that’s great! Maybe it’s automatically updating on its own? Because my aunt had an update on May 6th 2020 also. I wonder if anyone else had their case updated. Actually my aunt’s says expired and to reapply. I helped her email the embassy to check why the status is “expired” in the beginning of March, however they have not replied yet. Her “last updated” Status was changed to May 6th 2020 but her case still is showing as “expired.” Mine says “refused.”  I am thinking maybe the embassy itself is closed, but they may be working remotely on old cases? Lol, maybe I am just trying to think i positive and hope for the best. 

haha that’s all we can do!! mine also still says refused but it’s the first time i’m getting an update without inquiring so it’s exciting but i’m trying not to get my hopes up too soon. inshallah this is the end of the process 

3 minutes ago, Afghan93 said:

haha that’s all we can do!! mine also still says refused but it’s the first time i’m getting an update without inquiring so it’s exciting but i’m trying not to get my hopes up too soon. inshallah this is the end of the process 

Inshallah it is near the end for all of us. Just checked my aunts case and they updated it again from “expired” to “refused”. Very good sign!

12 hours ago, A.yasini said:

Inshallah it is near the end for all of us. Just checked my aunts case and they updated it again from “expired” to “refused”. Very good sign!

If your aunt hasn’t had contact with the embassy in awhile she should send an inquiry using their online form, there’s one for expired status, as the cases automatically expire when some time has passed with no activity. Just a little note saying still interested in immigrating to the US. Also check the NVC website you might find your DS-260 as “re-opened” this happened to us so we updated it, signed and resubmitted. It should always be in submitted status. Our visa class was also updated from CR-1 to IR-1 when they contacted us to re-medical. We probably weren’t updated because our AP is complete per the email we received. I just checked and it’s still the March date. I’m guessing with the embassy closed they’re probably catching up on other cases. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.