Pomswcy

Cr1 visa receipt number begins with IOE what is IOE?

19 posts in this topic

I'm doing cr1 and I got noa1 from Nebraska dropbox and the receipt number  begin with IOE. I'm trying to find the information about IOE because I'm waiting for noa2 now.So I would like to know

1. What is IOE? 

2. How fast it is for case IOE causes some people said it's fast but sometimes they said it's really slow.

3. My service center who is taking care of my case is Nebraska? (actually I sent to Chicago)

I've talked about IOE in my country visa group (Thailand) but they said it's new case that just be used last year so they don't have the information.So I need help from this website from every person from every country who do cr1 and got receipt number begins with IOE.

IOE receipts are just the new system they are using to digitize your case file and they still assign it to a USCIS service center. It can be Potomac, Texas, Nebraska if you're a US citizen filing the petition. California if you're a LPR filing the petition.

I assume you're a US citizen who filed and got the Nebraska Service center as found on the lower left of your NOA1. If you just filed today. Expect a year before you get any action at Nebraska service center. (Chicago and Arizona are just lockboxes they sort and then send your file to a service center)

You should have gotten a secondary mail with an online code to look at your case at the myUSCIS site there you'll see the scan of your digitized file 

Please fill out your timeline. It will help us all and especially when you ask questions

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

4 hours ago, JMPM said:

IOE receipts are just the new system they are using to digitize your case file and they still assign it to a USCIS service center. It can be Potomac, Texas, Nebraska if you're a US citizen filing the petition. California if you're a LPR filing the petition.

I assume you're a US citizen who filed and got the Nebraska Service center as found on the lower left of your NOA1. If you just filed today. Expect a year before you get any action at Nebraska service center. (Chicago and Arizona are just lockboxes they sort and then send your file to a service center)

You should have gotten a secondary mail with an online code to look at your case at the myUSCIS site there you'll see the scan of your digitized file 

Please fill out your timeline. It will help us all and especially when you ask questions

Excuse me but I can't access my online code.I'm trying to do it but the website said the receipt number and the online access code doesn't match so just what I have to do please?

this is my timeline:

06/03/2019 sent i-130

06/09/2019 got noa1

10 hours ago, Pomswcy said:

@JMPM I can't access the online code because they said the receipt number and online access code doesn't match so what I have to do?

This is my timeline:

06/03/2019 sent i-130

06/09/2019 got noa1

So you got the second letter in the mail with the access code? If you did and it doesn't work call USCIS 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

11 hours ago, Pomswcy said:

Excuse me but I can't access my online code.I'm trying to do it but the website said the receipt number and the online access code doesn't match so just what I have to do please?

this is my timeline:

06/03/2019 sent i-130

06/09/2019 got noa1

I have filed I-130 in July, and I'm getting the IOE receipt number as well. The access code that you are getting is for the USCIS online account which is for the petitioner (not beneficiary). You should use petitioner's information to create an account including the petitioner's birth date. 

31 minutes ago, PK_ said:

I have filed I-130 in July, and I'm getting the IOE receipt number as well. The access code that you are getting is for the USCIS online account which is for the petitioner (not beneficiary). You should use petitioner's information to create an account including the petitioner's birth date. 

What kind of visa are you doing?

Did you get noa2? Does IOE take longer or slower than other case? 

I already did by using my petitioner's information but it still said the receipt number and online access code doesn't match.

Just now, Pomswcy said:

I already did by using my petitioner's information but it still said the receipt number and online access code doesn't match.

I'm filing for F2A in July 2019 (just a few weeks ago), and I have received NOA1. It will takes at least a few months for them to approve anything, including CR-1/IR-1. The IOE receipt number is a relatively new thing, and, there isn't enough information to tell whether it will go faster or slower. Based on all of the existing information on this site, IOE petitions in the first half of this year get approved sooner than average, but they all hit a longer wait at the NVC case number stage (most likely due to a problem with the new electronic transfer to NVC). By the time they get to our cases, those issues should have been resolved and things should move faster than before. 

See some of the details on the thread below for some positive encouragement.

For the access code, make sure you follow the instructions on the letter that you have received. If it still doesn't work, you should click the link to request for another access code. 

42 minutes ago, Pomswcy said:

What's number can I call uscis? I call ‭8003755283 and waited for 25 minutes so I'm wondering if they have another number.‬

Only one number for USCIS and that is it. You have to b patient. As the other poster stated you can ask for another online code. 

You're part of the new process. So be patient. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got my first notice of action IOE.    PD  I23/09/2019  Potomac center waiting for notice of action 2   I wish every one the best 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 8/6/2019 at 11:26 PM, Pomswcy said:

IOE is not slower or faster than a non-IOE petition. Everyone who files recently is getting IOE receipt as USCIS has moved to electronic petitions vs paper. It depends on the service center you get which determines how long it will take. Nebraska is 12.5-16 months right now

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Good Morning all how long do it take to get the NOA1 and the access number. When I filed in January i had my letter 5 days after text message but i didn't have an IOE number. Now I got my text on 10/11 and I still don't have my letters, but i called to find out my center. Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.