Wierobles

Another RFE 3 weeks before the AOS interview

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Yes I understand.  I was just pointing out that your medical from St. Luke's was valid for the AOS process.   You are the 1st I know of completing a new medical for AOS.

OP said they are adjusting status from a tourist visa, so I think the medical in Florida is the only medical they did.

OP, all you can do is wait and see what the RFE is about. If you have not submitted an I-693 yet, that may be the reason for the RFE.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, MariekeH said:

OP said they are adjusting status from a tourist visa, so I think the medical in Florida is the only medical they did.

OP, all you can do is wait and see what the RFE is about. If you have not submitted an I-693 yet, that may be the reason for the RFE.

Ah I missed that, must of been in a later post that I didn't see.   That makes sense then.    So they filed the I-130 along with the I-485  ...   Ahh   said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Thanks

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Ah I missed that, must of been in a later post that I didn't see.   That makes sense then.    So they filed the I-130 along with the I-485  ...   Ahh   said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Thanks

It took several posts to get all the necessary information, so I don't blame you. 😜

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MariekeH said:

It took several posts to get all the necessary information, so I don't blame you. 😜

That's how it is with most topic it seems .. like a dripping faucet .. little by little the facts show up    Thanks again

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yes I understand.  I was just pointing out that your medical from St. Luke's was valid for the AOS process.   You are the 1st I know of completing a new medical for AOS.

AOS from tourist would require an initial medical wouldnt it?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nitas_man said:

AOS from tourist would require an initial medical wouldnt it?

That is what she did .. at the start I was not aware she was initially in the USA on a tourist visa .. 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Why is he or she adjusting status on a tourist visa? That it is not what the visa is meant to be used for. If the intent to get here is to get married, most people file for a K1 or CR! visa, is not it? Maybe that it is why the RFE's keep coming on the way.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My apologies for not providing a backgrounder.

I entered the US in 2017 with a visitor visa.

May 2018 - I met my husband and got married the same year.

January 2019 - our lawyer submitted our I-130 and I-485 

February 2019 - had my biometrics 

April 2019 - received RFE 

July 2019 - received courtesy letter to undergo medical

- received notice of interview schedule

August 5, 2019 - received an online status stating RFE was sent

August 26, 2019 - interview day

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.