Wierobles

Another RFE 3 weeks before the AOS interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, everyone!

I received a letter notifying me of my interview (together with my USC husband) by end of August. Just now I checked USCIS Case Status tracker and saw the update that the USCIS has just sent another RFE. I received a RFE in April and was able to comply with what the USCIS was requesting and submitted it before the deadline. This is the 2nd RFE. I have yet to receive the mail and see what additional documents will be required from me.

Has anyone of you here came across the same situation? 

Thank you.

wierobles

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Wierobles said:

Hi, everyone!

I received a letter notifying me of my interview (together with my USC husband) by end of August. Just now I checked USCIS Case Status tracker and saw the update that the USCIS has just sent another RFE. I received a RFE in April and was able to comply with what the USCIS was requesting and submitted it before the deadline. This is the 2nd RFE. I have yet to receive the mail and see what additional documents will be required from me.

Has anyone of you here came across the same situation? 

Thank you.

wierobles

It happens sometimes.  Just deal with it.  If you are adjusting status, why does your profile say CR1/IR1 visa.  Is this perhaps a Removal of Conditions?  You have posted in a spouse visa forum.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

It happens sometimes.  Just deal with it.  If you are adjusting status, why does your profile say CR1/IR1 visa.  Is this perhaps a Removal of Conditions?  You have posted in a spouse visa forum.

Thank you, pushbrk for this reply.

I am a bit confused. I am adjusting my status as I was here with a tourist visa and got married to USC. My profile should then be AOS

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

AOS with USCIS and you are an IR/CR-1 visa .. that is what is weird.

Hello, Hank. I am adjusting my status. I should review my profile then. Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Wierobles said:

Hello, Hank. I am adjusting my status. I should review my profile then. Thank you.

If you are a K-1 then nothing is weird.

An RFE, then another RFE later to me tends to say the Adjudicator stopped looking at the file once seeing the first issue, then proceeded again when you satisfied the 1st RFE  ...  it is what it is .. provide what is requested, can't get any simpler than that.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

If you are a K-1 then nothing is weird.

An RFE, then another RFE later to me tends to say the Adjudicator stopped looking at the file once seeing the first issue, then proceeded again when you satisfied the 1st RFE  ...  it is what it is .. provide what is requested, can't get any simpler than that.

Thank you, Hank.

I am a bit anxious what this 2nd RFE is all about considering I have a scheduled interview already. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Wierobles said:

Thank you, Hank.

I am a bit anxious what this 2nd RFE is all about considering I have a scheduled interview already. 

If the interview date arrives before you send the RFE back to USCIS bring everything to the interview.

Did you include the I-693 completed by a civil surgeon in your original filing?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

If the interview date arrives before you send the RFE back to USCIS bring everything to the interview.

Did you include the I-693 completed by a civil surgeon in your original filing?

No, I have with me the sealed I-693. I waited for the USCIS notice that I can proceed with the medical. 

Timeline
Just now, Wierobles said:

No, I have with me the sealed I-693. I waited for the USCIS notice that I can proceed with the medical. 

Notice to proceed with a medical?   Did you have a special issue with your medical?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Notice to proceed with a medical?   Did you have a special issue with your medical?

No, I do not have any issue with medical. Only that based on my readings that AOS interview takes about 8 months or longer than that, I do not want my medical to expire and re-do it. I took it upon myself to get that courtesy letter from USCIS that I can undergo medical. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Wierobles said:

No, I do not have any issue with medical. Only that based on my readings that AOS interview takes about 8 months or longer than that, I do not want my medical to expire and re-do it. I took it upon myself to get that courtesy letter from USCIS that I can undergo medical. 

Your medical from St. Luke's is valid for 1 year in regards to filing the I-485.   All that is necessary is having a civil surgeon transcribe the DS-3025 to the I-693.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Your medical from St. Luke's is valid for 1 year in regards to filing the I-485.   All that is necessary is having a civil surgeon transcribe the DS-3025 to the I-693.  

Thank you, Hank for this information.

I had my medical here in Florida.

Timeline
Just now, Wierobles said:

Thank you, Hank for this information.

I had my medical here in Florida.

Yes I understand.  I was just pointing out that your medical from St. Luke's was valid for the AOS process.   You are the 1st I know of completing a new medical for AOS.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.