Mono90

60 days since approval no word from NVC

78 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, S Brennan said:

At ease how? Haha, currently reading the "How is the rule applied today" and low key freaking out. I have a high school diploma, so does my husband, he's a bike courier, I am a receptionist, his dad has his own business, but is on Medicare. I feel like we're gonna have problems.

I could be interpreting this all wrong, but from that link I gathered this updated public charge ruleset would be applied inside the US by USCIS. In the consulates, the ruleset that was updated in Jan 2018 is the one that will continue to be applied. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, S Brennan said:

At ease how? Haha, currently reading the "How is the rule applied today" and low key freaking out. I have a high school diploma, so does my husband, he's a bike courier, I am a receptionist, his dad has his own business, but is on Medicare. I feel like we're gonna have problems.

There's a thread discussing the new rules that you might find some peace from (at the very least, just from having a better understanding of them). Last time I read it (admittedly that was two days ago) their interpretation was that the new rules would not apply to current applications, only to those mailed after the rules come into affect in October. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok so I have an update! 

Usicis said that  there is no additional information available other than the case was approved, case can take up to 90 days to go over to nvc and if 90 has come and nothing we should give them a call back 😞

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mono90 said:

Ok so I have an update! 

Usicis said that  there is no additional information available other than the case was approved, case can take up to 90 days to go over to nvc and if 90 has come and nothing we should give them a call back 😞

Hi, We are at almost 5 weeks with no case number from NVC. Do you know how much time would it take for NVC to give us a  case number?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
32 minutes ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hi, We are at almost 5 weeks with no case number from NVC. Do you know how much time would it take for NVC to give us a  case number?

They say up to 8 weeks after receiving it at the NVC.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, pinano said:

They say up to 8 weeks after receiving it at the NVC.

I hope so. It has already been a too long of a wait, everything is wait and wait. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, realmadrid23 said:

I have already 38 days and havent heard anything from NVC. In 4 days it will be 6 weeks!! 

Petition approved Dec 12 2018

case number Feb 16 2019

over 60 days for us

Timeline

called NVC on monday, they made us read out loud the email they sent us that said "no further action is required from you at this time" and that it will "take the time it's gonna take", that it could be weeks/months.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, S Brennan said:

called NVC on monday, they made us read out loud the email they sent us that said "no further action is required from you at this time" and that it will "take the time it's gonna take", that it could be weeks/months.

Lmao! That’s why i don’t want to call them anymore! So rude! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
10 hours ago, S Brennan said:

Hi,

We got approved on May17th and we have the same situation. NVC cannot help if they never received your case, they can only process the service request you put with them and contact USCIS to reissue/resend your case. We also received a generic response from NVCresearch address. When we called USCIS on August 8th, the Tier-1 rep put a service request for us and told us to wait for 30 days. So if the case is still lost /not received by NVC,  we will call USCIS one more time and request to talk to a Tier-2 rep. Because at that point we  will be way beyond  normal processing times and they  will have passed every deadline they gave us so far.

When did you put a service request with USCIS? Did you? After a service request, another 30-day grace period starts ticking. if you don't hear from them at the end of that period, you should call again. 

I am at a loss to understand any of this. 97 days after approval, our case is still in limbo and they added months to our  overall processing time. 

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

When Hubris calls, now you know who answers. 

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC Received Case : 10/02/2019  ( 139 DAYS 💀 )

NVC Case Number Created: 10/31/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

AOS  completed: 11/17/2019

IV  completed: 11/24/2019

DQ:  01/03/2020

Interview Date: 02/25/2020

Issued: 02/27/2020

Visa at Hand: 03/02/2020

Entered the country : 03/19/2020

NOT received GC  💀 120 day period is over -  

USCIS Status stuck at Immigration Fee Received 
First Inquiry by phone: 7/29/2020 —  30 day wait for response. 
Filed for  Change of Address form online : 8/27/20

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.
Status changed to “Card is being Produced” : 9/4/20

”Card was Mailed to Me” : 9/11/20

Received PRC on 9/16/20 in new address

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

B0E5D3F3-5AF8-403D-BFFC-B81F425178AF.jpeg

Timeline
5 hours ago, lady3jane said:

Hi,

We got approved on May17th and we have the same situation. NVC cannot help if they never received your case, they can only process the service request you put with them and contact USCIS to reissue/resend your case. We also received a generic response from NVCresearch address. When we called USCIS on August 8th, the Tier-1 rep put a service request for us and told us to wait for 30 days. So if the case is still lost /not received by NVC,  we will call USCIS one more time and request to talk to a Tier-2 rep. Because at that point we  will be way beyond  normal processing times and they  will have passed every deadline they gave us so far.

When did you put a service request with USCIS? Did you? After a service request, another 30-day grace period starts ticking. if you don't hear from them at the end of that period, you should call again. 

I am at a loss to understand any of this. 97 days after approval, our case is still in limbo and they added months to our  overall processing time. 

Yes, we filled service request at both places, we also filed a service request with our senator to try to figure out what to do. The USCIS keeps telling us to call NVC and the NVC tells us to stop calling. Seems like neither of them have our paperwork. 30 days after our first service request with USCIS would take us to September 13th, so I guess we have to wait some more. We filed early october last year. Unbelievable.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/20/2019 at 2:03 PM, realmadrid23 said:

Give them a call beneficiaries can can call nvc just that they can’t call usicis there is a app called hang out which you can use to make calls to the us for free 

Another update guys so I woke up to a email that my case was now sent to department of state 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.