joshg345

Should I be at home for visa arrival?

12 posts in this topic

Hi! 

I had my interview last week and got APPROVED!! Will submit my review soon. I got an email today with my tracking information for the return of my passport. Do I need to be at home to receive it? Does it need a signature or will they just post it through the letterbox? I wasn't given a white envelope at the interview like a few other people have said on here. Will I receive that in the package with my passport?

Thanks for all your help guys!

Regards,
Josh

I forgot to mention that I did get given a CD with my X-Ray on it. I asked the woman if I need to give that to the officer at POE but she said not really. Is this correct? Or this different to the white envelope?

The X Ray CD is different to the white envelope. You won’t need the CD for the POE but keep it with you for when you register with a doctor here in case they want to see it. It doesn’t mean much to anyone who is not a medical professional which is why POE officers can’t do anything with it. 

The white envelope comes with the passport. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, joshg345 said:

I forgot to mention that I did get given a CD with my X-Ray on it. I asked the woman if I need to give that to the officer at POE but she said not really. Is this correct? Or this different to the white envelope?

You carry your CD with you and will probably not need to show it to anybody.

Regarding your visa, I certainly hope for you that you will need to sign a piece of paper to get it from the postman - otherwise that would mean they could just dump it wherever, without any tracking or responsibility! Some embassies require the recipient to indicate how they want to receive the visa, so you could check with your embassy.

Ah and btw, congratulations on your approval! :D

Good luck!

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Somebody is supposed to sign for the visa delivery. If not you signing, then someone who has been given a piece of your ID may sign for you. In reality, the delivery guys don't always ask, but prepare for it anyway.

Nobody in immigration needs to see your x-ray again. Your clearance from TB is noted in writing on your medical report. The white envelope contains your immigration files to hand over (still sealed) at POE. Your passport  and most likely your police certificate will be separate in the courier delivery wrapper for you to retrieve.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congratulations! I would think a signature would be required, but it may likely depend on the courier service used to deliver. Sometimes when I'm waiting on a delivery that I know will require a signature, I'll call the company to inquiry for more details about delivery time.

Congratulations on the visa, looking forward to hearing about your experience. As for your passport being returned, I'd really hope that you'd have to sign for it. Like others have said, if you don't have to sign for it, it can end up anywhere😁

I had the courier service for my B12 visa and it had to be signed for - but they were fine for my brother-in-law to sign for it, as I wasn’t in when it was delivered 🙃.

Timeline
9 hours ago, joshg345 said:

Hi! 

I had my interview last week and got APPROVED!! Will submit my review soon. I got an email today with my tracking information for the return of my passport. Do I need to be at home to receive it? Does it need a signature or will they just post it through the letterbox? I wasn't given a white envelope at the interview like a few other people have said on here. Will I receive that in the package with my passport?

Thanks for all your help guys!

Regards,
Josh

Instead of all this guessing some people are doing, just read it for yourself on the website where you signed up for your interview.   https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/information/courier

Thanks so much for all your helpful responses!

I just received the visa today!!! In the package was my passport, the white envelope (which is bigger than I thought!) and the completed affidavit of support form (including the letter of employment) that I submitted during my interview.

Is it normal that they send the affidavit of support form back to you? Do I have to do anything with it or is it just for my records to keep?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, joshg345 said:

I just received the visa today!!! In the package was my passport, the white envelope (which is bigger than I thought!) and the completed affidavit of support form (including the letter of employment) that I submitted during my interview.

Is it normal that they send the affidavit of support form back to you? Do I have to do anything with it or is it just for my records to keep?

Just keep it for your records, yes. The sealed packet will contain a copy of the Affidavit 

Congratulations! Step 1 of the journey complete.....,now onto step 2 ! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, joshg345 said:

You can use the employment letter again for your adjustment of status. There's a new affidavit of support yet to do. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.