EmptySeats

Some final I-129f questions / table of contents

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Good afternoon all. I have been putting together my I-129f for the past couple of months - trying to understand everything. I had a few questions before I send in the next couple of days. A few issues that I think are non-issues but want to know for sure.

1) My dad is not on my birth certificate but I list him (deceased) in my i-129f and mention him once in my evidence. Would this cause me problems?

2) There are accent marks that don't exist in English in my fiance's name but I don't use them when I write her name in this application - except where it says to write the name in their language.

3) My fiance once lived here for around a year long before we met - study abroad. I think she had a SS # but she know longer knows it and is pretty sure that it was to become invalid later on. We left that blank.

I also wanted to share with you my table of contents. In 20 months we've seen each other 11 times, so my packet is kind of big (over 180 pages from start to finish) since for every trip we have passport stamps, boarding passes, pictures, itinerary. There really is no way to avoid it ave we've seen each other a lot - the rest of the packet, including additional proof, is moderately sized as it's at least 3/4 evidence of meeting.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Form G-1145

2. Cover Letter

3. Table of Contents

4. Check for $535

Required Forms and Documents

5. Form I-129F

6. Declaration of how we met

7. Passport style photos, Petitioner & Beneficiary

8. Petitioner’s Birth Certificate, Both Sides

9. Petitioner’s Passport, All Pages

10. Letter of intent to Marry

Evidence: Proof we have met in person

11. Proof we have met letter

12. In-person meeting #1

13. In-person meeting #2

14. In-person meeting #3

15. In-person meeting #4

16. In-person meeting #5

17. In-person meeting #6

18. In-person meeting #7

19. In-person meeting #8

20. In-person meeting #9

21. In-person meeting #10

22. In-person meeting #11

Evidence: Additional proof of relationship

23. Additional proof of relationship letter

24. Emails

25. WhatsApp Conversation

26. WhatsApp Calls, Messages, & Media

27. Engagement ring and special hotel night

Edited by EmptySeats

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

TOC

9.  ID page only required 

10.  Statements (plural) of intent to marry 

11.  What is it?

12 - 22.  Only need proof of one meeting,  no such thing as extra credit

23 - 27. Not required for the petition 

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks!

#9 just the ID page? Good to know.

As for #10, it's one statement with both of our wet signatures at the bottom. Is that ok?

#11 is introducing the evidence that we've met

#12-22...if we've met 11 times, we just tell about once here and save the rest for later? I don't want extra credit but I heard that the consulate gets this evidence so why not. Maybe I'm wrong so thanks for letting me know.

Timeline

Also, everything is in binder clips so pretty well organized. Small binder clips for each in-person meeting and then a big one holding them all together.

Timeline

The success of a single statement with two signatures will be dependant on how the statement is written.   Many people have had issues with doing it this way.  Wet signature is not required 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks again! I'll do two letters to be safer.

One thing. I could save a significant amount of pages if I get rid of the itineraries, even if I kept all 11 trips. Each itinerary is generated from email, so because of all the fluff, they are 3-6 pages each. With passport stamps and photos, itineraries might be overkill. Then again, they are evidence the stamps and pictures are legit.

Edited by EmptySeats

No issue with your dad's name or the accents. SSN is forever, does not expire. 

On the letter of intent it is important that you state that BOTH -names included- are free to marry. Or make a letter for each of you. 

Regarding in person meetings: you can mention you met 11 times, stating where and when -a one page list is enough- and include SOME evidence, such as scanned passport stamps and photocopies of flight tickets. Include a few random pictures -captioned with date and location- printed on plain paper.

You don't need to send three letters explaining how you met. A few sentences written on the form are sufficient. 

IMO, it is easier for you and them if the file is concise and clear -it is about quality not quantity-.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

If you have passport stamps from all visits, no need to put the itineraries just to cluster the package unnecessarily.

27. They may get confused on whether the hotel was special based on location or whether the night was special based on action.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thank you both!

Yeah I am getting the sense that all my pages over met in person evidence are overkill. I think that I'll take the itineraries out, at the very least. Stamps, photos, and the occasional scanned boarding pass should be enough. Itineraries take up a ton of space and don't at all prove that you actually boarded the flight.

I do think having met so many times in 20 months is unique and it's good evidence of a real relationship, so I wouldn't want to JUST prove one meeting.

That's really the biggest part of the packet. Additional proof is very short - around 15 pages.

I guess I'll rewrite a letter saying that we are both "free to marry". Thank god they don't need a wet signature anymore - we made the effort to sign this when we were together in person. For the record it says: I am the Petitioner, Mickey Mouse. My fiancée Beneficiary, Minnie Monuse, and I respectfully submit this letter of intent to marry each other within 90 days of Minnie’s arrival to the US using a K-1 visa.

Edited by EmptySeats

9 minutes ago, arken said:

If you have passport stamps from all visits, no need to put the itineraries just to cluster the package unnecessarily.

27. They may get confused on whether the hotel was special based on location or whether the night was special based on action.

Special hotel night is TMI in my opinion. :P

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

@EmptySeats i think you have done a great job in putting your package together. Looking at your Table of Content you pretty much got everything on point!💪

Wishing you the Best of luck.

Stay Blessed🙏

10 minutes ago, EmptySeats said:

Thank you both!

Yeah I am getting the sense that all my pages over met in person evidence are overkill. I think that I'll take the itineraries out, at the very least. Stamps, photos, and the occasional scanned boarding pass should be enough. Itineraries take up a ton of space and don't at all prove that you actually boarded the flight.

I do think having met so many times in 20 months is unique and it's good evidence of a real relationship, so I wouldn't want to JUST prove one meeting.

That's really the biggest part of the packet. Additional proof is very short - around 15 pages.

I guess I'll rewrite a letter saying that we are both "free to marry". Thank god they don't need a wet signature anymore - we made the effort to sign this when we were together in person. For the record it says: I am the Petitioner, Mickey Mouse. My fiancée Beneficiary, Minnie Monuse, and I respectfully submit this letter of intent to marry each other within 90 days of Minnie’s arrival to the US using a K-1 visa.

You can download a letter of intent from here:

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Timeline
25 minutes ago, EmptySeats said:

it's good evidence of a real relationship,

Where is proving a real relationship a requirement of the petition?

YMMV

Timeline

Doesn't the consulate see the petition before we even get in for the interview? I don't see the purpose of only proving one meeting if it's all very well organized and doesn't have fluff like the itineraries. But I respect that line of thought.

22 minutes ago, TrustWorthy2019 said:

@EmptySeats i think you have done a great job in putting your package together. Looking at your Table of Content you pretty much got everything on point!💪

Wishing you the Best of luck.

Stay Blessed🙏

Thanks brother!

17 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

You can download a letter of intent from here:

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Haha this is the sample one that I opted not to use because it only was for one of us at a time. OK, I'll use it. Thanks!

Timeline

You can include anything you want as secondary or supplemental evidence.   There is however required evidence that if not included will cause the petition to be denied,  no matter how much of this other evidence is included.   Its best to be concentrate and be confident that you have hit all the uscis requirements.   Quality not quantity 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.