EmptySeats

Some final I-129f questions / table of contents

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Exactly, that's why I made this post. Turns out that my letter of intent is possibly skimpy (no "free to marry", one combined letter) and I really thank you guys for that. So happy I came here to ask.

Timeline

One more question, all. In the instructions I see: "If your beneficiary used a passport or travel document to travel to the United States, enter either the passport or travel document information in the appropriate space on the petition, even if the passport or travel document is currently expired."

I show the beneficiary's passport stamps as evidence of her 5 visits here, but never show her passport ID itself. Where is this information supposed to go, if anywhere?

Timeline

Also, one thing that bothers me. I have a stamp in my passport that pre-dates my issue date (it was early in the morning and they evidently got the year wrong). Really annoying. It's on top of (overlaps) a stamp from a later date. 

I briefly explain in the area where I show my whole passport scanned, and say that I am able to furnish my entire passport upon request. I'm leaning that my entire passport is no longer required - just the front page - but the page with the error also shows up in the passport stamps proving some of our trips (I note the error there, too, every time it shows up). I wouldn't want it to look like I'm using a page from a different passport.

Think I'm doing this right?

Edited by EmptySeats

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmptySeats said:

One more question, all. In the instructions I see: "If your beneficiary used a passport or travel document to travel to the United States, enter either the passport or travel document information in the appropriate space on the petition, even if the passport or travel document is currently expired."

I show the beneficiary's passport stamps as evidence of her 5 visits here, but never show her passport ID itself. Where is this information supposed to go, if anywhere?

If you don't show her ID page in your evidence,  how do you tie the entry stamps to her name?

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If you don't show her ID page in your evidence,  how do you tie the entry stamps to her name?

I show her 5 year US visas that she used to enter the country.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, EmptySeats said:

Here....

BDC565DC-11DC-450A-AFBB-886BAB9E1B7D.jpeg

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
16 minutes ago, arken said:

Here....

BDC565DC-11DC-450A-AFBB-886BAB9E1B7D.jpeg

Before item 38.a., right above where you cut off, it says "If your beneficiary is currently in the United States, complete item numbers 38.a. - 38.h." Those questions seem to refer to people who live here. She does not. Just a five year tourist visa, which I show with the passport stamps. I don't want to give the impression that she lives here.

Anyone have any thoughts on the mistaken passport stamp that pre-dates my visa? My visa is from March 2017 and they mistakenly stamped it January 2017 on a trip. I write a little letter to address it.

Edited by EmptySeats

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmptySeats said:

Before item 38.a., right above where you cut off, it says "If your beneficiary is currently in the United States, complete item numbers 38.a. - 38.h." Those questions seem to refer to people who live here. She does not. Just a five year tourist visa, which I show with the passport stamps. I don't want to give the impression that she lives here.

Anyone have any thoughts on the mistaken passport stamp that pre-dates my visa? My visa is from March 2017 and they mistakenly stamped it January 2017 on a trip. I write a little letter to address it.

Ah yeah, i see it.

i don’t think you’ll have issues with the stamp issues of one trip since you got so many trips. 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The contents of your 129-F looks great, all that visitation.  I don't think the stuff about your father is that important, my concern with be with the issues concerning the name.  I had a problem with the name issue because my Beneficiary's Passport was issued in her late husbands name  and it appeared that the visa would be issued in her family name so I called USCIS and after a long wait to talk to someone they were most helpful and told me that the visa would be issued under the family name.  So now I know to get all travel documents, tickets, passports and all that stuff under the name on the visa.    That name is important.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, PWB said:

The contents of your 129-F looks great, all that visitation.  I don't think the stuff about your father is that important, my concern with be with the issues concerning the name.  I had a problem with the name issue because my Beneficiary's Passport was issued in her late husbands name  and it appeared that the visa would be issued in her family name so I called USCIS and after a long wait to talk to someone they were most helpful and told me that the visa would be issued under the family name.  So now I know to get all travel documents, tickets, passports and all that stuff under the name on the visa.    That name is important.

Thanks PWB. Good to know folks don't think my dad not on my BC is an issue.

As for the name, maybe you misinterpreted me. I have my mother's last name and always have. It's the only last name I've ever had. My Beneficiary's passport, her visas, her IDs, and everything else have her last name (she has two last names, but has always had them both, and they are both there). There is no inconsistency.

Edited by EmptySeats

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.