Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

7 minutes ago, JeanneSs said:

Thanks for the quick response. Do you have any idea how long it will take to change to issued?

There is no set time line for AP. Could take a couple of days, weeks or even months. 

Another waiting game I’m afraid.. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

1 hour ago, JeanneSs said:

Thanks for the quick response. Do you have any idea how long it will take to change to issued?

For a straightforward case, the time the embassy told your parents it would take to get their passports back. 

1 hour ago, Daphne K said:

There is no set time line for AP. Could take a couple of days, weeks or even months. 

Another waiting game I’m afraid.. 

Thanks 

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

For a straightforward case, the time the embassy told your parents it would take to get their passports back. 

I thanks a lot. Does every visa go through AP?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneSs said:

Thanks 

Mine didn't. 

2 hours ago, JeanneSs said:

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, apple21 said:

Mine didn't. 

AP is the default status it falls into between interview and issuance. (If apple21 says theirs didn’t I can only presume their consulate just left it at ready until it was issued, this does not seem to be the norm from my understanding.) There is no status that CEAC has for “approved but awaiting issuance “ so it is AP or maybe ready until issuance for everyone. So this, I guess you’d call it technical AP that you’re seeing, is a different animal from the AP that happens when people are informed there is an issue with their case and more checks or documents or dna test or whatever needs to be done. If your parents weren’t specifically told they were being put on administrative processing and were instead told when they’d get passports back or something similar, it’s nothing to worry about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Administrative Processing is the time between the visa interview and when the visa is actually issued and attached to the passport.  The time varies widely from days to weeks to months, even years in some cases.  In the old days it was hours for simple cases--interview in the morning, pick up the passport with visa in the afternoon.  It can also be country-specific in terms of time, so there are many factors.   Sometimes they do additional background checks.  In your case it sounds like normal visa processing so most likely a week or two.  And don't book flight tickets, sell property, quit jobs, etc. until the visa is in hand. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Administrative Processing is the time between the visa interview and when the visa is actually issued and attached to the passport.  The time varies widely from days to weeks to months, even years in some cases.  In the old days it was hours for simple cases--interview in the morning, pick up the passport with visa in the afternoon.  It can also be country-specific in terms of time, so there are many factors.   Sometimes they do additional background checks.  In your case it sounds like normal visa processing so most likely a week or two.  And don't book flight tickets, sell property, quit jobs, etc. until the visa is in hand. Good luck!

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.