29 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mel25 said:

Your feeling isn't right.....am not doubting. Just wanna be sure of what I don't understand. No time frame was allotted on d 221g form  . She just wrote IRS TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT. nothing else was written..

Maybe I don't understand your question. A 221(g) is simply a request for missing documents.  If you submit the missing documents via the instructions in the 221(g) and you do so within their timeframe then you have successfully completed the 221(g) requirements. The interviewing officer will review your documents and if they are satisfied then they will begin the approval process and the issuance of your visa. They will at sometime ask for your passport to be returned so they can affix the newly minted visa onto a page in your passport.  Please don't ask me when that will be because no one knows with any certainty when that will be. 

Now I need an aspirin and a swig of Kentucky Bourbon. Oy vey. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

@greenbaum told you already. Not 1  year; additional 4 months 

Yeah now I get it

7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Maybe I don't understand your question. A 221(g) is simply a request for missing documents.  If you submit the missing documents via the instructions in the 221(g) and you do so within their timeframe then you have successfully completed the 221(g) requirements. The interviewing officer will review your documents and if they are satisfied then they will begin the approval process and the issuance of your visa. They will at sometime ask for your passport to be returned so they can affix the newly minted visa onto a page in your passport.  Please don't ask me when that will be because no one knows with any certainty when that will be. 

Thanks so much for your help. You have been so helpful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
15 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Is this as generic of response as it gets?  I emailed the consulate and they responded same day pretty much....Peace...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This case was refused under Section 221(g) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act because the case requires additional administrative processing.  Administrative processing is required to ensure that applicants qualify for a visa based on U.S. immigration laws and procedures before issuance.  The timing of administrative processing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.  You may check the status of your visa application any time at: http://bit.ly/iv-status.

Unfortunately, due to the large number of cases that require administrative processing at our office, we regret that we are unable to provide you with a time frame of when the required administrative processing will be complete.

We currently do not need any additional documentation or action from the beneficiary or the petitioner.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Hippo said:

Why did you go to interview without taxes for 2018

The OP did go to the interview with the 2018 taxes but in the form of the paper form 1040. Embassy's are turning to a requirement that when submitting taxes it needs to be the Tax Transcript received directly from IRS. 1040's cannot be submitted as they can be manipulated to show any income and thus creating fraud.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 minutes ago, Mrs Hippo said:

What if a tax extension has been filed and assets are being used to qualify in leu of income 

Then you complete the necessary forms (I-134) indicating such.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 minutes ago, Mrs Hippo said:

I 134?  What’s that for?  I don’t see any difference in the form from I 130.   Can I not just provide three years transcripts for 2000 1516 and 17 and then a copy of the tax extension for 2018?  

Sorry for any confusion as I only now discovered you are an CR-1 applicant asking questions in the K-1 thread. Totally different process. Can I suggest you move over to the CR-1 Thread and begin to ask your questions. Questions here for your type of visa only confuses others who are pursuing a K-1 visa.

Here is the link where you want to begin asking your questions. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/110-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-process-amp-procedures/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 7/11/2019 at 11:30 AM, Mel25 said:

Yeah but we just sent d tax return to IRS. IRS JUST received it. We didn't anticipate transcripts. So it might take a while before we can get it online. Do u think a stamped RECEIPT from IRS WOULD SUFFICE? 

your fiance can go the local IRS office with copies and ask for a stamped copy back. They provide that service to show that the return is a copy of the one actually filed.

Timeline
8 hours ago, LaBeach said:

your fiance can go the local IRS office with copies and ask for a stamped copy back. They provide that service to show that the return is a copy of the one actually filed.

Thanks will do that. I appreciate y'all for coming to my rescue

Timeline
14 hours ago, LaBeach said:

Do u think that would suffice? Submitting the stamped copies? Instead of transcript

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Mel25 said:

Do u think that would suffice? Submitting the stamped copies? Instead of transcript

yes, it is a verified copy. It also doesn't take super long for the transcripts to be available. Have him/er check online before going to the office.

Timeline
6 hours ago, LaBeach said:

yes, it is a verified copy. It also doesn't take super long for the transcripts to be available. Have him/er check online before going to the office.

Ok thanks so much, will submit d stamped copies and once d transcript becomes available, submit it too... That's if they insist on seeing the transcripts. U have been so helpful. Thanks. Will update y'all on d outcome.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.