Jump to content

29 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just did my K1 visa interview and 2 white papers were sent back to me alongside my passport. Domestic violence form and another paper where I was asked to bring a doc. D consular officer said I convinced her my relationship was bonafide but my fiance has to send his 2018 IRS TAX TRANSCRIPT. And that I should send to their collection centre . But what made me scared was that she returned my passport. Isn't that a red flag? She said I submit d transcript and after that, I will b asked to send my passport. Just worried

Edited by Mel25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mel25 said:

Just did my K1 visa interview and 2 white papers were sent back to me alongside my passport. Domestic violence form and another paper where I was asked to bring a doc. D consular officer said I convinced her my relationship was bonafide but my fiance has to send his 2018 IRS TAX TRANSCRIPT. And that I should send to their collection centre . But what made me scared was that she returned my passport. Isn't that a red flag? She said I submit d transcript and after that, I will b asked to send my passport. Just worried

They tell you what they need to complete the process of issuing your visa. They tell you once they have what is needed they'll ask for your passport to include the new shinny visa in your passport.  What's scarry about that?


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 5:58 AM, Mel25 said:

Just did my K1 visa interview and 2 white papers were sent back to me alongside my passport. Domestic violence form and another paper where I was asked to bring a doc. D consular officer said I convinced her my relationship was bonafide but my fiance has to send his 2018 IRS TAX TRANSCRIPT. And that I should send to their collection centre . But what made me scared was that she returned my passport. Isn't that a red flag? She said I submit d transcript and after that, I will b asked to send my passport. Just worried

 

You have nothing to worry about. As soon as your partner makes the tax transcript available, follow the instructions you were given.

 

Be rest assured, your k-1 visa is on its way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 5:54 PM, Pogue Mahone said:

 

You have nothing to worry about. As soon as your partner makes the tax transcript available, follow the instructions you were given.

 

Be rest assured, your k-1 visa is on its way. 

The thing is this, right now it shows administrative processing under immigrant visa. D transcript won't be ready till like 2 weeks. Presently awaiting it but I am worried cos d consular officer said our petition expired but because she's convinced of our relationship, she extended it to a date am not aware of. Just worried d transcript comes on time to meet up with whatever date she extended our petition to. And then she returned my passport. That greatly unsettled me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mel25 said:

The thing is this, right now it shows administrative processing under immigrant visa. D transcript won't be ready till like 2 weeks. Presently awaiting it but I am worried cos d consular officer said our petition expired but because she's convinced of our relationship, she extended it to a date am not aware of. Just worried d transcript comes on time to meet up with whatever date she extended our petition to. And then she returned my passport. That greatly unsettled me

It only takes a few minutes to print out and email a tax transcript.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 5:54 PM, Pogue Mahone said:

 

You have nothing to worry about. As soon as your partner makes the tax transcript available, follow the instructions you were given.

 

Be rest assured, your k-1 visa is on its way. 

But she returned my passport, said our petition expired and she extended it to a date I really dunno. Transcript is taking time to get. Just worried it comes on time before d date she extended it to. Right now status shows administrative processing under immigrant visa. And no status under non immigrant. Isn't it a red flag if your passport is returned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zach2015 said:

It only takes a few minutes to print out and email a tax transcript.

Yeah but we just sent d tax return to IRS. IRS JUST received it. We didn't anticipate transcripts. So it might take a while before we can get it online. Do u think a stamped RECEIPT from IRS WOULD SUFFICE? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mel25 said:

Yeah but we just sent d tax return to IRS. IRS JUST received it. We didn't anticipate transcripts. So it might take a while before we can get it online. Do u think a stamped RECEIPT from IRS WOULD SUFFICE? 

I really do not know. If I were you, I would call or email your embassy and ask what date they extended your application

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

I really do not know. If I were you, I would call or email your embassy and ask what date they extended your application

Yeah we already did that

14 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

I really do not know. If I were you, I would call or email your embassy and ask what date they extended your application

Thanks for the responses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mel25 said:

But she returned my passport, said our petition expired and she extended it to a date I really dunno.

 

Count out another 4 months from the first expiration date you received initially from your NOA2.  That's  your new date. The NOA2 carries a one year requirement to complete this process. 

 

Transcript is taking time to get. Just worried it comes on time before [the] date she extended it to.

 

You need to return your documents within the timeframe stated in your 221(g).

 

Quote

 

Right now status shows administrative processing under immigrant visa. And no status under non immigrant.  This is very normal condition as your status will not be found under non-immigrant until such time it is complete and then it changes for issue.

 

Quote

Isn't it a red flag if your passport is returned?  That is +2 year old procedure. It changed because too many, for whatever reason, decided not to continue and then the embassy would have deal with it the passport. Yes Mildred it does happen. 

I hope I've been able to help. 

 

Edited by Greenbaum

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

 

 

I hope I've been able to help. 

Yeah thanks slot. Just saw my approval notice valid from 13 Feb till 12 June. So consular officer extended it. U mean she extended up to one year? So I have nothing t be scared of knowing she returned my passport? Although she said after submitting d docs, I will b told when to submit my passport. So u say it's normal right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mel25 said:

Yeah thanks slot. Just saw my approval notice valid from 13 Feb till 12 June. So consular officer extended it. U mean she extended up to one year? So I have nothing t be scared of knowing she returned my passport? Although she said after submitting d docs, I will b told when to submit my passport. So u say it's normal right?

Reread my answer I rarely repeat the same answers because I'm established with what I say. I get the feeling you are doubting my advice.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Reread my answer I rarely repeat the same answers because I'm established with what I say. I get the feeling you are doubting my advice.

No one should ever doubt Ancient status @Greenbaum.  My case is stuck in AP since June 18th, 2019 and I just emailed the consulate for status update.  Praying for positive response.  Good luck to me and everyone on VJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Reread my answer I rarely repeat the same answers because I'm established with what I say. I get the feeling you are doubting my advice.

Your feeling isn't right.....am not doubting. Just wanna be sure of what I don't understand. No time frame was allotted on d 221g form  . She just wrote IRS TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT. nothing else was written..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Count out another 4 months from the first expiration date you received initially from your NOA2.  That's  your new date.

 

 

3 hours ago, Mel25 said:

U mean she extended up to one year? So I have nothing t be scared of knowing s

@greenbaum told you already. Not 1  year; additional 4 months 

Edited by Russ&MaryAnn
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...