Amaltu

Administrative processing

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi does any one know why am asked to answer questions on behalf of my son who is 8 where most of them are not applicable since he is a child still I'm usc residing in Jordan I just went through the interview but I was asked to submit this info by email and I wonder why they ask for social media profiles for 8,years old I thought they might think we r just going to get him the passport and get back which is not right and if I were to do that I would have gone sooner why wait all these years,? by the way my husband got green card he is already there and my two daughters are usc and of course Im 2  is this normal?I have been told it takes up to 5 months can u imagine?

Edited by Amaltu
Missing line

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like the standard questions, I doubt they are age related.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Don’t you have to be at least 13 to use Facebook and the like? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

yes,  13 is age limit for facebook

doesn't mean they check the age / MY DOB and age are not on my profile

and they ask social media of all immigrants

people do share and use others as we see on here 

so,  they need all social media from entire family of immigrants

Timeline

There is more to Social Media than Facebook and as they do not check age then it is irrelevant.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Sounds like the standard questions, I doubt they are age related.

What for they need to ask such.questions to an 8years old boy  most of them are not applicable...like did you participate in a party or something like that?.I wonder for my husband who was in the army they didn't ask.such questions back then ,  there were another one same category and they didn't ask her to  submit such info....could it be some info missing or they want to make sure we r really moving to usa not just getting a passport for my son?am frustrated my husband too not to mention my daughters ...

Timeline
2 hours ago, kris&me said:

yes,  13 is age limit for facebook

doesn't mean they check the age / MY DOB and age are not on my profile

and they ask social media of all immigrants

people do share and use others as we see on here 

so,  they need all social media from entire family of immigrants

They just asked for my son info he is the only applicant since we are all covered either by citizenship or green card exept for my son....I even thought they want my info I specifically asked her is it for me or him?!!

Timeline

Times change . The process changes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
22 hours ago, Amaltu said:

Hi does any one know why am asked to answer questions on behalf of my son who is 8 where most of them are not applicable since he is a child still I'm usc residing in Jordan I just went through the interview but I was asked to submit this info by email and I wonder why they ask for social media profiles for 8,years old I thought they might think we r just going to get him the passport and get back which is not right and if I were to do that I would have gone sooner why wait all these years,? by the way my husband got green card he is already there and my two daughters are usc and of course Im 2  is this normal?I have been told it takes up to 5 months can u imagine?

Nothing wrong with saying "hes 8 and doesn't use facebook".  I wouldn't allow my 8 years old to have his/her won fb account. Good luck.

20 hours ago, Amaltu said:

What for they need to ask such.questions to an 8years old boy  most of them are not applicable...like did you participate in a party or something like that?.I wonder for my husband who was in the army they didn't ask.such questions back then ,  there were another one same category and they didn't ask her to  submit such info....could it be some info missing or they want to make sure we r really moving to usa not just getting a passport for my son?am frustrated my husband too not to mention my daughters ...

Presumably though you are a USC you were ineligible to pass on citizenship so are applying for a green card for him?

so just check n/a for what is not applicable. The questions are the same for everyone, maybe they changed since your husband did it. I recall checking boxes for my then 4-year old for things like no, she did not participate in genocide and wasn't entering the US to be a terrorist or prostitute or traffick drugs, etc. You're overthinking this. Just fill in the form as best you can and send it back.

Timeline
18 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Presumably though you are a USC you were ineligible to pass on citizenship so are applying for a green card for him?

so just check n/a for what is not applicable. The questions are the same for everyone, maybe they changed since your husband did it. I recall checking boxes for my then 4-year old for things like no, she did not participate in genocide and wasn't entering the US to be a terrorist or prostitute or traffick drugs, etc. You're overthinking this. Just fill in the form as best you can and send it back.

No am usc but didn't live give years after naturalization in states so I needed to file any way he is eligible for applying for passport once he gets to usa...but we all covered either by green card or citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.