Karry

What comes next?

49 posts in this topic

Just now, Jorgedig said:

Then be prepared for a 221g denial, because without the joint sponsor documents at the interview, they will not approve your visa.

Once i‘m there and they tell me infact i need a joint sponsor, she‘ll submit the stuff.. i can‘t change it.. but that wasn‘t my question. It‘s the second time now that i ask something and people start talking about other stuff.. and some of them are really rude. I read everything a million times.. i check everything i submit a million times. All my documents are in folders nice and clean. But this is the first time we are doing this and i just wanted to know what could be next.. people say it was poor planning.. they have no idea about my planning. I didn‘t have any problems with the consulate yet.. they tell me what they need, i send it.. simple! But we all know that we can‘t just call them and ask the questions we have. That‘s why i got an account here.. but this isn‘t a big help either since i never get an answer to my question... 

9 minutes ago, Karry said:

I just checked the papers again it does say original&one copy on almost everything. I mean .. i can read lol.. 

what form?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

3 minutes ago, Karry said:

Once i‘m there and they tell me infact i need a joint sponsor, she‘ll submit the stuff.. i can‘t change it.. but that wasn‘t my question. It‘s the second time now that i ask something and people start talking about other stuff.. and some of them are really rude. I read everything a million times.. i check everything i submit a million times. All my documents are in folders nice and clean. But this is the first time we are doing this and i just wanted to know what could be next.. people say it was poor planning.. they have no idea about my planning. I didn‘t have any problems with the consulate yet.. they tell me what they need, i send it.. simple! But we all know that we can‘t just call them and ask the questions we have. That‘s why i got an account here.. but this isn‘t a big help either since i never get an answer to my question... 

You did get an answer to your original question above:  

From your description of where you are at in the process, now you just wait for the Frankfurt Consulate to notify you of the interview date and time.

No one here is being rude, from what I see.  People are blunt, yes, but it comes from YEARS of actual experience with the immigration process.  You have gotten some very useful feedback here.

Your posts come across as someone who has not read or researched the process at all, and then comes here to ask questions.  So yes, it does imply poor planning.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

You did get an answer to your original question above:  

From your description of where you are at in the process, now you just wait for the Frankfurt Consulate to notify you of the interview date and time.

No one here is being rude, from what I see.  People are blunt, yes, but it comes from YEARS of actual experience with the immigration process.  You have gotten some very useful feedback here.

Your posts come across as someone who has not read or researched the process at all, and then comes here to ask questions.  So yes, it does imply poor planning.

Of course i read about the process.. many times BUT IT DOESNT TELL YOU EVERY SINGLE STEP! 

3 minutes ago, Karry said:

i‘m not stupid

No we are trying to learn what you were told.  To see it Germany does something different.

From the USCIS Germany site https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/germany-frankfurt-field-office

I see this: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Refugee%2C Asylum%2C and Int'l Ops/IO/I-130_Petition_Checklist.pdf

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

2 minutes ago, Karry said:

Your original documents will be returned to you at the time of the formal visa interview with the consular office“

That is typical for documents submitted at the interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Karry said:

Concerning my relationship? What does that mean? We‘ve been living together since 6 years and got married 4 years ago.. we already submitted our adress history 

with a marriage visa you need to prove the relationship and that you can be financially supported in the US, so yes, I would look on the US Gov website that shows all of the required documents.

It says „: obtain all documents listed below that are applicable to your case. Please complete the last page of this checklist and place it on top of your collected documents, which need submitted by regular mail to us consulate general.. blablabla...

passport : photocopy of biographic page only

birth certificate: original and one copy

marriage/divorce certificate original and one copy 

police certificate original and one copy

and so on.. 

then it says my documents will be returned to me at the appointment

at the bottom 

on the appointment day please bring the following items

visa fee

yozr current valid passport..

why the hell do i have to argue about this?? I have the paper right infront of me

45 minutes ago, Karry said:

I don‘t know how

Very top blue ribbon click on timelines. scroll down to add/edit

Edited by Paul & Mary

Frankfurt DOES ask for original documents.   I did DCF through Frankfurt and had the same list as Karry,    My originals were returned at the interview

I'm from the UK, hubby is from Michigan and is a retired US Army LTC.   We are currently stationed overseas.

Here is our immigration journey so far....

10.26.13 - Our wedding in Scotland 

11.26.14 - Filed I-130 at US Consulate, Frankfurt (DCF)

11.18.14 - Returned to Scotland to renew our vows for our first wedding anniversary

01.08.15 - NOA2 received in snail mail, together with case number and Packet 3 instructions

02.15.15 - Submitted Packet 3

02.17.15 - Packet 4 received by email with instructions to schedule medical and interview

02.18.15 - Email authorisation received from Consulate to gain access to appointment calendar

03.03.15 - Medical

03.18.15 - Interview - Approved

03.21.15 - Visa in hand

06.10.15 - POE Chicago (final destination Detroit)

07.20.15 - Received SSN in mail

07.27.15 - Received 2 year green card in mail

The journey to ROC starts here...!

10.05.15 - Returned to Germany on government orders

05.25.17 - Mailed ROC package to California Service Centre

06.14.17 - Received NOA 1 (dated 05.30.17) in mail

09.05.18 - Received a second NOA (dated 08.11.18) in mail granting a further six months extension to green card due to 'processing delays'

11.26.18 - ROC - Approved

12.05.18 - Approval Notice I-797 received in mail

12.18.18 - 10 year green card received in mail

The journey to citizenship starts here...!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.