Jump to content
Karry

What comes next?

49 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody.

 

so, we are getting a marriage visa for me..we have already submitted the I-130.. did the online questions.. submitted everything all the way to the step with the tax returns (I-864 was before that) and the proof of residence. Can someone tell me whats next? I‘m sure it‘s not the interview haha. I just want to be prepared 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The immigration process is a very complex process and it is best to understand EVERY step of the process from beginning to end. The best approach is to know everything before you start. We have seen cases get absolutely ruined because people did not plan ahead.

 

Everything you need to know can be found online or here. Here is info on all the steps of the spousal visa.

https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1/

 

Here is the full list of guides for future reference for things like getting a SSN and what to do after you arrive in the US.

https://www.visajourney.com/content/guides/

 

Please take some time research. You have submitted your case so fortunately you have some time to catch on knowledge. Do NOT practice the learn as you go method on this. It can be costly if mistakes can made. 

 

Remember, law number 29 of the 48 Laws of Power is to plan all the way to the end. The last thing you want to happen is to be scrambling for something you need that you did not know about.

 

best of luck to you.


“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made; whether it is time, money, or separation or a combination of any or all.” - NuestraUnion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

The immigration process is a very complex process and it is best to understand EVERY step of the process from beginning to end. The best approach is to know everything before you start. We have seen cases get absolutely ruined because people did not plan ahead.

 

Everything you need to know can be found online or here. Here is info on all the steps of the spousal visa.

https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1/

 

Here is the full list of guides for future reference for things like getting a SSN and what to do after you arrive in the US.

https://www.visajourney.com/content/guides/

 

Please take some time research. You have submitted your case so fortunately you have some time to catch on knowledge. Do NOT practice the learn as you go method on this. It can be costly if mistakes can made. 

 

Remember, law number 29 of the 48 Laws of Power is to plan all the way to the end. The last thing you want to happen is to be scrambling for something you need that you did not know about.

 

best of luck to you.

It said on the paperwork to send the original birth certificate and other stuff.. i don‘t think i can bring it again when they already have the originals? Is that normal?

 

well we just send in what they request. They send an email what they want, and we send it. I just want to know how many steps we still have to go before the interview

Edited by Karry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Karry said:

Hello everybody.

 

so, we are getting a marriage visa for me..we have already submitted the I-130.. did the online questions.. submitted everything all the way to the step with the tax returns (I-864 was before that) and the proof of residence. Can someone tell me whats next? I‘m sure it‘s not the interview haha. I just want to be prepared 🤪

It would help us a lot if your time line was filled in with the steps you have done.......It is difficult to know exactly where you are in the process.


                               :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, missileman said:

It would help us a lot if your time line was filled in with the steps you have done.......It is difficult to know exactly where you are in the process.

 

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

It would help us a lot if your time line was filled in with the steps you have done.......It is difficult to know exactly where you are in the process.

 

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

It would help us a lot if your time line was filled in with the steps you have done.......It is difficult to know exactly where you are in the process.

You‘re right! Well, we filed the petition and got approved. After that i had to login to the website where you answer all the quetions about previous employment, adresses, my parents information and The criminal history. We submitted that along with the paperwork (marriage/birth certificate, passport copy, passport photos  ..) after that we did the i-864 (but we will ave a joint sponsor if needed at the end) then we got an email saying we need to submit poove of domicile and the last 3 tax transcripts. We did that now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Karry said:

It said on the paperwork to send the original birth certificate and other stuff.. i don‘t think i can bring it again when they already have the originals? Is that normal?

 

well we just send in what they request. They send an email what they want, and we send it. I just want to know how many steps we still have to go before the interview

Are you doing DCF (Direct Consular Filing) or CR-1?  To whom did you send original documents?  NVC or the consulate?


                               :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, missileman said:

Are you doing DCF (Direct Consular Filing) or CR-1?  To whom did you send original documents?  NVC or the consulate?

 

6 minutes ago, missileman said:

Are you doing DCF (Direct Consular Filing) or CR-1?  To whom did you send original documents?  NVC or the consulate?

To the Consulate in frankfurt Germany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carmel34 said:

From your description of where you are at in the process, now you just wait for the Frankfurt Consulate to notify you of the interview date and time.

Don‘t they wanna see some bank statements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karry said:

Don‘t they wanna see some bank statements?

Why?


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karry said:

Don‘t they wanna see some bank statements?

Did the consulate ask for them?


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

Did the consulate ask for them?

No, my aunt moved there, doing the same paperwork with her husband and she daid they had to bring bank stuff too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on context.  Every case is different.

 

You would only have to take statements if your I864 is asset based.

 

Bank statements can also be used to show co-mingling of funds or proof of income or domicile.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul & Mary said:

It depends on context.  Every case is different.

 

You would only have to take statements if your I864 is asset based.

 

Bank statements can also be used to show co-mingling of funds or proof of income or domicile.

Ss far as i know were his parents her sponsors. But the consulate still told my aunt they had to show 40000$ in a savings account (the sponsor has alot of money) .. weird.. i guess i just wait if they want someone else after now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you are now living apart? In your previous thread you refused to, even though there is no other way for the USC to establish domicile. Or did you find a joint sponsor? 

 

You will both need medicals. Do you have permission from your son’s father to remove him from the country? 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...