Ezero2k

I-751 July 2019 Filers

2,061 posts in this topic

If anyone wants to get strong emotions...check processing time for N400 form on the USCIS site....for 99% of offices it states now from 12 to 36(!!!!) months...for Chicago from 13.5 to 48(!!!) months...I am in shock. Really hope it’s just estimate and will change soon...

Edited by Phoenix777

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Phoenix777 said:

If anyone wants to get strong emotions...check processing time for N400 form on the USCIS site....for 99% of offices it states now from 12 to 36(!!!!) months...for Chicago from 13.5 to 48(!!!) months...I am in shock. Really hope it’s just estimate and will change soon...

I'm thinking it will go back to "normal" soon. This way they can tell everyone their cases are within normal processing time as they try to clear the backlog from closures. Hopefully as time progresses they can have a real sense? This might just be wishful thinking! 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Mdn99 said:

Anyone with YSC have a good new?!! Or at least an update? Mine doesn’t have any movements at all. 
My n400 window Opening next month, I think I will just apply neutralization 🤕

Yeah, YSC is not moving at all. I put a Service Request about taking it so long, I didn't get a response for that either. Maybe applying for N400 as early as possible is a good strategy to get your case out of YSC into the hands of your local office and then hope the local offices are open. All we have to hope for is to get Biometrics done for N400, there might happen Online Interviews, Online Oath Ceremonies and everything but we gotta get to this Biometrics for N400 first. Let me know your thoughts :)

1 hour ago, arman597 said:

Yeah, YSC is not moving at all. I put a Service Request about taking it so long, I didn't get a response for that either. Maybe applying for N400 as early as possible is a good strategy to get your case out of YSC into the hands of your local office and then hope the local offices are open. All we have to hope for is to get Biometrics done for N400, there might happen Online Interviews, Online Oath Ceremonies and everything but we gotta get to this Biometrics for N400 first. Let me know your thoughts :)

I think this is right, anything to get the case away from YSC right now...

I understand that it's a slow process anyway and even slower with covid, but I suspect they are not touching ROCs at all there...

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 6/16/2020 at 10:20 PM, Thegirl said:

I'm thinking it will go back to "normal" soon. This way they can tell everyone their cases are within normal processing time as they try to clear the backlog from closures. Hopefully as time progresses they can have a real sense? This might just be wishful thinking! 

USCIS will be furloughing 75% of their employees. This is only getting worse. And no.... it's not just the coronavirus. 

The only way to fix this is to ask our citizen friends to vote in November. 

51 minutes ago, aleac said:

USCIS will be furloughing 75% of their employees. This is only getting worse. And no.... it's not just the coronavirus. 

Whaaat!!!!! Where did you get this info and why are they doing that???

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hannah_NYC said:

Whaaat!!!!! Where did you get this info and why are they doing that???

I don't thin't I can send you the link, but this is from the Washington Post:

"The agency is funded almost entirely by user fees, rather than congressional appropriations. But under President Trump’s leadership, it has mismanaged its finances so badly that it has sought an emergency $1.2 billion infusion from taxpayers.

Unless it get a bailout, the agency will furlough three-quarters of its workforce next month, Government Executive reported Thursday"

This is from Foxnews:

USCIS didn't provide the number of employees affected, but Fox News is told that agency leaders informed some staff that the furloughs could impact about 13,000 employees, or more than two-thirds of the workforce

43 minutes ago, aleac said:

I don't thin't I can send you the link, but this is from the Washington Post:

"The agency is funded almost entirely by user fees, rather than congressional appropriations. But under President Trump’s leadership, it has mismanaged its finances so badly that it has sought an emergency $1.2 billion infusion from taxpayers.

Unless it get a bailout, the agency will furlough three-quarters of its workforce next month, Government Executive reported Thursday"

This is from Foxnews:

USCIS didn't provide the number of employees affected, but Fox News is told that agency leaders informed some staff that the furloughs could impact about 13,000 employees, or more than two-thirds of the workforce

Woww!!! They are doing it on purpose. If it happens the wait time will be 10 years.  🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

2 hours ago, aleac said:

Vote for what though...

I think USCIS is supposed to be self-funded by the application fees. It'll either be an increase in fees or a taxpayer bailout.

Until they fix something...

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarasota said:

Vote for what though...

I think USCIS is supposed to be self-funded by the application fees. It'll either be an increase in fees or a taxpayer bailout.

Until they fix something...

"Vote for what"....

I know the USCIS is self funded, but had surplus until before this administration.

This means it is currently poorly managed.

USCIS also transferred 200 millions to ICE this year. No wonder they are broke.

Guess who ordered to do that transfer?

The agency director is directly appointed by the President, who is chosen by voting.

41 minutes ago, aleac said:

"Vote for what"....

I know the USCIS is self funded, but had surplus until before this administration.

This means it is currently poorly managed.

USCIS also transferred 200 millions to ICE this year. No wonder they are broke.

Guess who ordered to do that transfer?

The agency director is directly appointed by the President, who is chosen by voting.

That is exactly what I thought when I saw about the rumors last month. USCIS been diverging funds and manpower to ICE throughout the last 3 years and that is why some left, and the increase in processing time. Anyway, The house will bail them, and the senate more likely to approve funds, not necessary 1.5B, but something to keep them going since can you imagine the backlash senators will get when citizens can't process their spouses visas? Plus, the burden they will put on states on when they force them to pay unemployment for +20K employee? 

The thing is, Immigration Courts are backlogged, and Judges can't grant immigration benefits, so it has to be USCIS. Thus, they will either keep staff, or reduce staff and be forced to skim over applications to get it going. There is no way they will increase the processing time by +50%, that is not feasible 

2 minutes ago, DSOTM1973 said:

That is exactly what I thought when I saw about the rumors last month. USCIS been diverging funds and manpower to ICE throughout the last 3 years and that is why some left, and the increase in processing time. Anyway, The house will bail them, and the senate more likely to approve funds, not necessary 1.5B, but something to keep them going since can you imagine the backlash senators will get when citizens can't process their spouses visas? Plus, the burden they will put on states on when they force them to pay unemployment for +20K employee? 

The thing is, Immigration Courts are backlogged, and Judges can't grant immigration benefits, so it has to be USCIS. Thus, they will either keep staff, or reduce staff and be forced to skim over applications to get it going. There is no way they will increase the processing time by +50%, that is not feasible 

Judge can grant you the benefits if deportation orders are expelled uscis will then grant the gc

Any ways seems like past week they been slowing down so i am expecting the backlog to increase 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, aleac said:

Yes I saw that news after. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline
2 hours ago, DSOTM1973 said:

Agree, the House will probably bail USCIS, but the Senate controlled by Republicans?

And then it would have to be signed by the President. 🤔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.