wisedog

Mumbai Consulate - Any recent "IR" interviews/interview scheduled?

435 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, SamKC said:

I am finding a very disturbing trend. Mumbai consulate is only sending/scheduling the interview letter after 120 business days (excluding weekends and public holidays) of i-130 approval(NOA2). It has nothing to do with when you are documently qualified/case complete at NVC. Can anyone who got IL confirm?

That is in incorrect. I’m on a chat group of 240 peeps waiting for Mumbai. Trend is 90 days to receive IL from DQ date. They just scheduled through DQ OCT 8th for January. Expecting for remainder of DQ for October to be scheduled for Feb interviews. CR1/IR1 and F2A peeps are in the group and about 50 got IL. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline

Are u sure my DQ is OCT 29 19 i was thinking might get interview this month but didn’t so I tough may be March!! Category is IR1 consulate Mumbai?? How long you think please let me know thank you?? 

Edited by Kat and ale

13 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

That is in incorrect. I’m on a chat group of 240 peeps waiting for Mumbai. Trend is 90 days to receive IL from DQ date. They just scheduled through DQ OCT 8th for January. Expecting for remainder of DQ for October to be scheduled for Feb interviews. CR1/IR1 and F2A peeps are in the group and about 50 got IL. 

Hi. Can you send me link for the chat group?

Thanks in advance.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Kat and ale said:

Are u sure my DQ is OCT 29 19 i was thinking might get interview this month but didn’t so I tough may be March!! Category is IR1 consulate Mumbai?? How long you think please let me know thank you?? 

I just told you in my last post...

APPROVED

Timeline
On 1/4/2020 at 1:14 PM, VRKK said:

Awaiting IL with 21Oct DQ. Any update on EB3 Visa Category ILs

you are in the wrong section. This is for IR/CR1, so you may want to create your own question/topic.

APPROVED

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I an new to this. I applied for my parents IR and NVC sent an email saying that all documents have been qualified and they are working with Mumbai to schedule interview. They plan to follow up with interview letter. This happened on January 24th. What is a realistic timeline to 

1. Get an appointment letter? 

2. Interview date? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kmnm said:

Hello,

I an new to this. I applied for my parents IR and NVC sent an email saying that all documents have been qualified and they are working with Mumbai to schedule interview. They plan to follow up with interview letter. This happened on January 24th. What is a realistic timeline to 

1. Get an appointment letter? 

2. Interview date? 

Current wait time for mumbai consulate is around 3-4 months after DQ

24 minutes ago, Kmnm said:

DQ meaning Documents Qualified? Does that mean interview won't be scheduled for next 3-4 months or within next 3-4 months? 

You will get interview letter around May 24th and Interview date will be around June 24th.  You may get it a month early if you are lucky. 

Edited by SamKC

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Kmnm said:

Are you kidding me. I guess this delay only started recently. Some folks I know got DQ in Nov and interview in Dec.

yeah, but which country and what category. context matters.

this isn't new, it has been this way for almost a year now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.