wisedog

Mumbai Consulate - Any recent "IR" interviews/interview scheduled?

435 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2020 at 9:17 AM, DesiGirlChicago said:

We called up Mumbai Consulate multiple times last week and requested some info about how long more we have to wait for the interview but they didn't share any info. Very standard reply of either connect with NVC or Just Wait. Even a tentative date is not available from them.The good part - Yes the Mumbai Consulate is now operating regularly but with reduced staff. IR1/2 CR1/2 remains high priority.

We got DQed in 1st week of October 2020. This loneliness and financial stress due to Covid is pushing me to file an expedite :(

Any news on what DQ dates are currently getting interview dates?

On 9/16/2020 at 4:50 AM, 9000miles said:

The embassy has begun sending out reschedule emails to a small number of people who had cancelled interviews on March 17 (seemingly in the order of cancelled interview dates, and not DQ dates).

I'm sure many of you know or are a part of the telegram group for people awaiting IR/CR visas in India, and that's where I'm getting this information from.

Can you please share how can I join this telegram group? Thanks!

On 11/19/2020 at 1:12 PM, lobsang521 said:

Hi, can anyone share me info on updates for CR1 with dq in may 2020 can expect IL with this backlog or does anyone know if current ppl getting IL have which month DQ. Please do share your info, would really appreciate it. 

This is the best time line I can find. May i ask when was your document qualified ? by NVC?? 

Our DQ was done in mid July 2020 and we still waiting for Mumbai Consulate to schedule something. There is no time line provided by NVC or Consulate which is killing us. Good Luck!

Hello My friends,

I know we all are frustrated on this intentional long wait times to reunite with ur family and friends. After paying all the fees and following the due process they are making all wait for months/years to get your family members legally to the US, which is completely immoral and unethical. But let me give you some direction and it has helped lot of people in getting interviews scheduled for IR1/CR1.

1. Please find out your local house representative or Senator of the area.

2. Visit their website and call them in their office.

3. Explain them your situation that it causing mental torture and depression and ask them why there is never ending wait for scheduling the interview when you have done your job diligently and you have been D'Qed.

4. If you are US Citizen tell them that you are not excluded for VISA interview under presidential declaration, which barred certain categories earlier.

5. They will ask you to fill in the privacy release Form.

6. Fill then form and submit to their office.

7. They will contact NVC on your behalf to take this matter with US Embassy to expedite the interview scheduling.

I know people who have done above successfully get the interviews scheduled. Also pass on this message to all the people who have been waiting for months/years with no end in sight so they could get relief. If you all do your part it will build the pressure to act. Also please sign up on Twitter and tweet to the US Consulate Mumbai about your case and why there is such a long wait. They will come back and say Covid and reduced staff. Submit a FOIA request how much staff is reduced due to Covid and how it has impacted their normal processing times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 10:31 AM, Kmnm said:

Hello, 

My mother has a pending Green Card IR5 (DQ'ed). She has a valid B2 (tourist) visa and planning to visit USA now. I read that it is not impossible to go and completely legal. Any other items to consider? nyone who is in this situation who went to USA on tourist visa while green card is pending. 

I am in the same situation but it appears risky as no one can tell for sure how the concerned CBP officer will do at the port of entry and to return right away to India if denied entry on visitor visa is a night mare. Moreover it may have negative effect on the pending GC interview.

If you heard any positive input form any experienced attorney let me know.

27 minutes ago, @doctorinusa1 said:

I am in the same situation but it appears risky as no one can tell for sure how the concerned CBP officer will do at the port of entry and to return right away to India if denied entry on visitor visa is a night mare. Moreover it may have negative effect on the pending GC interview.

If you heard any positive input form any experienced attorney let me know.

The attorney's have been inconsistent (they will always say it is not recommended). I read the law and blogs and took a calculated risk. Result being that my mother was able to travel just fine and is now in USA with me while her green card is pending. She does plan to go back within 3 months or if she gets a call for interview in the meantime (highly unlikely). The reason they say it may have negative effect on GC interview is if you are DENIED entry and that makes sense. Right now with covid restrictions, you only can take specific direct flights to USA from India. She took United airlines to SFO. She was heavily questioned by CBP officer (but not in a room, just general entry area), so be prepared to answer those (have your parent prepare). You need to have a legitimate reason to go. Some questions they asked were

1. Why are you traveling? Where are you going? What family do you have in USA? Where will you stay? How long will you stay? Have you been to USA before?

2. Why do you want to go now? Do you have a pending immigration application (green card pending) (answer is YES!) ?

3. Where is you husband? Why is he not traveling with you? 

14 minutes ago, Kmnm said:

The attorney's have been inconsistent (they will always say it is not recommended). I read the law and blogs and took a calculated risk. Result being that my mother was able to travel just fine and is now in USA with me while her green card is pending. She does plan to go back within 3 months or if she gets a call for interview in the meantime (highly unlikely). The reason they say it may have negative effect on GC interview is if you are DENIED entry and that makes sense. Right now with covid restrictions, you only can take specific direct flights to USA from India. She took United airlines to SFO. She was heavily questioned by CBP officer (but not in a room, just general entry area), so be prepared to answer those (have your parent prepare). You need to have a legitimate reason to go. Some questions they asked were

1. Why are you traveling? Where are you going? What family do you have in USA? Where will you stay? How long will you stay? Have you been to USA before?

2. Why do you want to go now? Do you have a pending immigration application (green card pending) (answer is YES!) ?

3. Where is you husband? Why is he not traveling with you? 

For how many months did your mother get the duration of stay?

I would be travelling with her if she were to come with me and I would be answering on her behalf like I did before. ( when she travelled before the i-130 application)

My daughter ( US citizen ) has been living with her for a while and my mother accompanying her during travel is the only reason we can give.

Anyway its nice to know there is atleast 1 person who is successful and its almost never happened in past where we have to wait several months to years between DQ and interview.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/6/2021 at 12:38 AM, Kmnm said:

What do you mean just completed March Dq? Which category? Completed- meaning- assigning interview dates or finishing the process? I am on IR5 category with DQ Nov 2019. Still no update. 

Visa ban PP10014 is extended by Trump till 31st march. (that includes IR-5 category)

You wont get anything until that ban is over or court orders government to lift the ban.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.