wisedog

Mumbai Consulate - Any recent "IR" interviews/interview scheduled?

435 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, AP-1 said:

What are we trying to access here?

Someone created a WhatsApp group for India for people waiting for the interview. For that group, they had a spreadsheet with timeline starting from May 2019 to October 2019 case complete and interview dates. It was great because everyone can see what dates are getting interviews and one can estimate the interview date.

Unfortunately, last week the spreadsheet was locked and now requires permission to access using google account.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Swadesfan said:

Someone created a WhatsApp group for India for people waiting for the interview. For that group, they had a spreadsheet with timeline starting from May 2019 to October 2019 case complete and interview dates. It was great because everyone can see what dates are getting interviews and one can estimate the interview date.

Unfortunately, last week the spreadsheet was locked and now requires permission to access using google account.

click here for the whats app group. Once you join. They have the link to spreadsheet on their group info

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kevin20 said:

Hello folks,

Got the IV for my parents. I have a question about the biometrics ? How soon can I have it scheduled before the interview and if someone can share the link to schedule it?

Congrats. You can schedule at any time between now and day before the interview.

We did medical in Chennai 10-days before interview (rcvd sealed envelope next afternoon) and will do Biometric the day before interview in Mumbai.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister?country=India&language=en_US

2 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Congrats. You can schedule at any time between now and day before the interview.

We did medical in Chennai 10-days before interview (rcvd sealed envelope next afternoon) and will do Biometric the day before interview in Mumbai.

Thanks. Are u sure the biometrics needs to be done for them ? I posted this question as a separate post and people responded saying there's no need to schedule for biometrics as it will happen on the day of interview. Now I'm confused  :(

8 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

How did u know u have to do the biometrics? Email I received about the interview doesn't mention about the biometrics appointment at all

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Kevin20 said:

How did u know u have to do the biometrics? Email I received about the interview doesn't mention about the biometrics appointment at all

Biometrics are not done at the Mumbai consulate. A visa is not issued without biometrics. 

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-visaapply.asp

Timeline
9 hours ago, Kevin20 said:

Thanks. Are u sure the biometrics needs to be done for them ? I posted this question as a separate post and people responded saying there's no need to schedule for biometrics as it will happen on the day of interview. Now I'm confused  :(

Positive. We've been through the full process once before on our K1 and now again for CR1. You can schedule the VAC appointment online at a center near their home (or arrange during their trip to Mumbai just before the interview). It's a small fee (100rs or something) and they attend at the appointment time with their DS-260 confirmation page, passport and copy. It takes about an hour and they'll receive same day. Just to clear up confusion....they do take fingerprint again at interview to confirm a match with the Biometric submitted through the VAC center. 

Example: My husband's native is near Bangalore so he did medical in Chennai and then will complete biometric in Mumbai the day before his interview.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-offsitecollectionservices.asp

2 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Positive. We've been through the full process once before on our K1 and now again for CR1. You can schedule the VAC appointment online at a center near their home (or arrange during their trip to Mumbai just before the interview). It's a small fee (100rs or something) and they attend at the appointment time with their DS-260 confirmation page, passport and copy. It takes about an hour and they'll receive same day. Just to clear up confusion....they do take fingerprint again at interview to confirm a match with the Biometric submitted through the VAC center. 

Example: My husband's native is near Bangalore so he did medical in Chennai and then will complete biometric in Mumbai the day before his interview.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-offsitecollectionservices.asp

Thanks. So that means I'll have to take the appointment  but do they send u an email or something about the biometrics (just like they ask u to get the medical exam done ) ,otherwise how are we are supposed to know about it ?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Kevin20 said:

Thanks. So that means I'll have to take the appointment  but do they send u an email or something about the biometrics (just like they ask u to get the medical exam done ) ,otherwise how are we are supposed to know about it ?

Honestly I can't recall where it was part of the notification other than the visa steps for the United States posted on the Mumbai embassy page here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/BMB-Mumbai.html

I just know that it's required or you'll get a 221g until it's completed. Sorry, can't answer your question specifically (it's a good one). You might call NVC and ask them where is published in the notification to beneficiary.

16 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Honestly I can't recall where it was part of the notification other than the visa steps for the United States posted on the Mumbai embassy page here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/BMB-Mumbai.html

I just know that it's required or you'll get a 221g until it's completed. Sorry, can't answer your question specifically (it's a good one). You might call NVC and ask them where is published in the notification to beneficiary.

Appreciate your response.  I did try sxheduleinf an appointment but the first available appointment is showing is in January and it doesnt even let me change the VAC location.  It by default choose mumbai after I selected IR5. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Can u please help?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kevin20 said:

Appreciate your response.  I did try sxheduleinf an appointment but the first available appointment is showing is in January and it doesnt even let me change the VAC location.  It by default choose mumbai after I selected IR5. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Can u please help?

I can't replicate your view because we are already scheduled in our account. When you log in and create your account at: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

You will provide their visa info from the confirmation and interview letter and then schedule the VAC appointment from the options provided. 

26 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

I can't replicate your view because we are already scheduled in our account. When you log in and create your account at: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

You will provide their visa info from the confirmation and interview letter and then schedule the VAC appointment from the options provided. 

Can u check the screenshot if its something similar u also had while scheduling the VAC appointment? If yes, I have another question.  My mom renewed her passport recently. So should I enter the new passport number here or the old one ?

Screenshot_20191117-175448_Chrome.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/12/2019 at 2:16 PM, AP-1 said:

What are we trying to access here?

read further down, the spreadsheet was moved. find the link to whatsapp group and pivot from there.

Timeline
On 12/7/2019 at 4:18 AM, mfgoiel said:

My cc is April 10 , haven’t received IL from Mumbai embassy yet so just wait n watch.

•  

What is your Catagory? They are on September DQ. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.