Drofnosidam

Obtaining Birth Certificate from E-government Website Sufficient?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

My fiance has the K1 interview in one week, and we were unsure if our "original" birth certificate and police certificate were sufficient for the US Embassy in Ankara. We retrieved the birth certificate and police report online through Turkey's e-government (e-devlet) website. Both documents have barcodes in the corner to prove that they are certified. 

Per Ankara's K1 interview instructions: "Birth certificates for Turkey are called “Nufus Kayit Ornegi”. Please provide an original." 

However, it does not say whether the birth certificate from the e-government website constitutes an "original." Furthermore, according to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Turkey.html, birth certificates can be obtained through, "General Directorate of Civil Registration and Citizenship (Nüfus ve Vatandaşlık İşleri Genel Müdürlüğü) and e-Government website." 

Has anyone gone to the interview with the birth certificate and police certificate that were obtained from the online website? My fiance went to the Family Registry Office this morning, but they told him they could not issue birth certificates for visa purposes. 

Thank you for the help!

Timeline

I was checking Ankara's requirements before, and if I'm not wrong it was written that the birth certificate should be stamped. I think the safest document for foreign offices is called Formül A (lacking a title for some reason). As I know she can get it from Nüfus Müdürlüğü. If I were her, I would also get a Vukuatlı Nüfus Kayıt Örneği too and give both documents. She can just ask for the documents by their names, they have to provide the information to her. She needs to go to the office personally with her Turkish ID.

They might accept the ones that she gets from the e-government website, but I guess you want to be on the safe side. For the same reason she can also go and get a police certificate easily 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Drofnosidam said:

Hello Everyone,

My fiance has the K1 interview in one week, and we were unsure if our "original" birth certificate and police certificate were sufficient for the US Embassy in Ankara. We retrieved the birth certificate and police report online through Turkey's e-government (e-devlet) website. Both documents have barcodes in the corner to prove that they are certified. 

Per Ankara's K1 interview instructions: "Birth certificates for Turkey are called “Nufus Kayit Ornegi”. Please provide an original." 

However, it does not say whether the birth certificate from the e-government website constitutes an "original." Furthermore, according to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Turkey.html, birth certificates can be obtained through, "General Directorate of Civil Registration and Citizenship (Nüfus ve Vatandaşlık İşleri Genel Müdürlüğü) and e-Government website." 

Has anyone gone to the interview with the birth certificate and police certificate that were obtained from the online website? My fiance went to the Family Registry Office this morning, but they told him they could not issue birth certificates for visa purposes. 

Thank you for the help!

Normally e-government documents are considered originals, and they are accepted by all Turkish offices. However, I don't know about the US Consulate. I wrote these only to help you to be on the safe side.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Drofnosidam said:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the help!

They gave you the information (AND EGOV) And thus the answer on reciprocity website 

YMMV

Timeline

Thank you both for the reassurance! I was able to get a hold of the Embassy and they confirmed that documents that are obtained from e-government/e-devlet are acceptable. I just wanted to be on the safe side. Thank you :)  

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 6/14/2019 at 2:15 AM, Drofnosidam said:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the help!

Just wondering how long it took you to receive those documents from online? Like how long before the interview should we start that process?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sam & Yehia said:

Just wondering how long it took you to receive those documents from online? Like how long before the interview should we start that process?

You should be able to get them instantly online. We obtained them the week of the interview!

• 4 years later...
Timeline

I realize I am very late to this conversation but thank you very much for this information.  It is exactly what I needed to know.  My fiance is Turkish and we are going through the same process right now of obtaining the Vukuatlı Nüfus Kayıt Örneği / Turkish Birth Certificate and we were unclear if the electronic version is sufficient. Knowing that it is is very reassuring.  Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.