AOSFairfax

Washington DC AOS Filers

447 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2020 at 1:03 PM, mgh84 said:

We had our interview yesterday. They didn't let us in the building earlier than our appointment time. the appointment was at 2:15 and they let us go inside the building at 2:15! We waited for 5 minutes in the waiting area before the interviewer called us. It went very smoothly and was very short. The interviewer was a super nice friendly lady. She asked how we met and when we decided to get married and looked at some of our pictures and asked some questions about our wedding. Then she went through the Yes/No questions in I-485. At the end she said that everything was clear and she just needed to go through our documents. She explained that my husband will receive a conditional 2 year GC and she would see us again for removal of condition interview in 2 years! I guess that means she's going to approve us hopefully soon! Hope we don't have to wait another few months for results!  

Good luck to everyone having their interviews or waiting to be scheduled!

Congratulations!’ 

i have my interview on 09OCT2020 for now. Though they already issues me the GC back in april. But will see what happens.

i want to ask i had sent them everyday with application like all picture, medical exams. Do i still need to take this all with me for interview if they have it already?

i am only planning to take original of anything that had a copy in the application. My husband has gone for military training and cannot accompany me for the interview. I have his orders form though. He was taking of everything so i dont even have anything with me to take to interview!!

please guide!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
50 minutes ago, ConcurrentVA said:

Congratulations!’ 

i have my interview on 09OCT2020 for now. Though they already issues me the GC back in april. But will see what happens.

i want to ask i had sent them everyday with application like all picture, medical exams. Do i still need to take this all with me for interview if they have it already?

i am only planning to take original of anything that had a copy in the application. My husband has gone for military training and cannot accompany me for the interview. I have his orders form though. He was taking of everything so i dont even have anything with me to take to interview!!

please guide!

Hi!! I would take all the original documents and everything to the interview. I think that's what normally people do.

Thanks and good luck!

For those of you that are having interviews scheduled, please include your filing date. When I call USCIS they claim that interviews are done in order the applications are received but this thread alone disproves that. 

Filed Oct 2019
Last Case Update: January 3rd 2020

Called: 15+ times this year to hear "Your processing time can take up to 36 months"

Fennik I feel your pain. I Just changed our address cause we moved down the road, and when I check my status, it says that We're ready to be scheduled for an interview since December 21st 2019, and now it's changed to Sept 17th 2020! Does that mean that I have to wait longer?? Has anyone had experience with this? I feel like I have been waiting forever and I just want this over with 😥

Edited by Bec Asmar

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi guys, I just wanted to share my interview experience at the Fairfax office.

- Don't bring coffee! The appointment letter or sign outside doesn't say anything about it, but no liquid (beside water) is allowed inside. We had to throw away coffee and my husband's lunch soup😅  (he was going to work after).  

I'm not sure if it's just Monday mornings, but there were a lot of people waiting outside the office. Some people were there for naturalization(?) ceremony. 

We had 7:30AM appointment, were called in around 7:55, and were done at 8:15.  Everything went pretty smoothly. 

Question for me:

-My Name 

-Husband's name

-Husband's DOB

-My birthplace

-My job

-First time in US or not

-YES/NO questions form I485

Question for my husband:

-My DOB

-My parents' name

-How long he was in Japan

-Where he works now

Question for both of us:

-How we met

-When we got engaged and married

I brought in copy of I485, recent paychecks, new tax documents, bank statements, apartment lease and relationship proofs like photos, but the officer didn't want to see any of it 😅  

The result is pending because they couldn't locate my medical exam on their system, (which seem to happen to a lot of people, looking at VJ) so we just wait while they search for it. 

Hope this info helps someone. Good luck to you all!

Edited by Nostalgia

ROC mailed (from overseas) 7/7/2022

Delivered to lockbox in Phoenix AZ 7/18/2022

Text with case number & check cashed 7/25/2022 

Fingerprints applied 8/10/2022 

It says Approved!?!?  8/23/2022

Finally received the Green Card 9/30/2022

Timeline
On 9/12/2020 at 4:52 PM, Hawthorn tree said:

Hello guys

i have a question from those who got their green card. My status says my card is being mailed to me. 
I wonder that do I need to go to Social security office to update my ssn. 
because I have already my ssn that when I file my I-485, I got also EAD and ssn.

Online saying that local social security Administration offices are closed and doing only tel and fax and online service.

Has anybody experienced that?

let me know thanks 

You do not have to report to SS office after getting your green card (unless you changed your name etc).
When you become US citizen, you have to report to the SS office. 

On 9/26/2020 at 9:53 AM, Fennik said:

For those of you that are having interviews scheduled, please include your filing date. When I call USCIS they claim that interviews are done in order the applications are received but this thread alone disproves that. 

Filed Oct 2019
Last Case Update: January 3rd 2020

Called: 15+ times this year to hear "Your processing time can take up to 36 months"

We filed a month before you and are still waiting for our interview. I expect that it will be December before we get ours. Some get lucky for whatever reason but for the majority of people you just have to be patient and try to not worry about it. 

Edited by TreyH

Timeline
5 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

Hi guys, I just wanted to share my interview experience at the Fairfax office.

- Don't bring coffee! The appointment letter or sign outside doesn't say anything about it, but no liquid (beside water) is allowed inside. We had to throw away coffee and my husband's lunch soup😅  (he was going to work after).  

I'm not sure if it's just Monday mornings, but there were a lot of people waiting outside the office. Some people were there for naturalization(?) ceremony. 

We had 7:30AM appointment, were called in around 7:55, and were done at 8:15.  Everything went pretty smoothly. 

Question for me:

-My Name 

-Husband's name

-Husband's DOB

-My birthplace

-My job

-First time in US or not

-YES/NO questions form I485

Question for my husband:

-My DOB

-My parents' name

-How long he was in Japan

-Where he works now

Question for both of us:

-How we met

-When we got engaged and married

I brought in copy of I485, recent paychecks, new tax documents, bank statements, apartment lease and relationship proofs like photos, but the officer didn't want to see any of it 😅  

The result is pending because they couldn't locate my medical exam on their system, (which seem to happen to a lot of people, looking at VJ) so we just wait while they search for it. 

Hope this info helps someone. Good luck to you all!

UPDATE: The status changed to "New card is being produced"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm EB and still waiting. Interview cancelled then case moved to NBC. Nothing back yet. I'll update when anything happens.

L1-B & L2 to AOS (EB3 skilled)

Northern Virginia (DC Office)

22nd November 2019: NOA1 received

18th December 2019: Biometrics completed

23rd December 2019: Transferred to NBC

28th February 2020: Ready for interview

3rd March 2020: i-797C stating interview scheduled for April 7th

<--- Interviews cancelled due to Covid --->

20th October 2020 - i-797C stating permanent residence approved (Welcome to the United States of America)

31st October 2020 - Both green cards in hand!

2 hours ago, melus said:

I'm EB and still waiting. Interview cancelled then case moved to NBC. Nothing back yet. I'll update when anything happens.

How do you know that your case was moved to NBC? I also see from your timeline that your case was moved to NBC before the interview was ready to be scheduled? Also did you receive any RFEs? Also what's your priority date?

Edited by tab2934

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

No RFEs. Not updated timeline, but after interview was cancelled a few months went by and then case was transferred back to Texas. Sat there for a month and then it got sent to NBC. I know because that's what the note says. My PD is current.

What about yours?

L1-B & L2 to AOS (EB3 skilled)

Northern Virginia (DC Office)

22nd November 2019: NOA1 received

18th December 2019: Biometrics completed

23rd December 2019: Transferred to NBC

28th February 2020: Ready for interview

3rd March 2020: i-797C stating interview scheduled for April 7th

<--- Interviews cancelled due to Covid --->

20th October 2020 - i-797C stating permanent residence approved (Welcome to the United States of America)

31st October 2020 - Both green cards in hand!

3 hours ago, melus said:

No RFEs. Not updated timeline, but after interview was cancelled a few months went by and then case was transferred back to Texas. Sat there for a month and then it got sent to NBC. I know because that's what the note says. My PD is current.

What about yours?

I am also EB3 and my PD is 7/1/20. Just got current this month for Final Action.

Were you current in the previous months as well? What is your exact PD?

Edited by tab2934

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.