EnglishLove

Not the best experience

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all,

I promised updates and my fiance just left the embassy. It didn't go so well. The lady that interviewed him was extremely rude and wouldn't let him talk. She kept interrupting everything he said. She was going off saying he lied on ESTA. (I was worried about this since I later found out on this site that we shouldn't have used the ESTA but at the time of filling it out, we were going off his normal police certificate which stated NONE RECORDED in the box of "Convictions, Cautions, Reprimands, and Warnings") They ended up giving him a paper that says refused under section 221(g) for additional administrative processing for medical examination results. Apparently Knightsbridge had only received his letter from the psychiatrist today and will send it off tomorrow to the embassy.  I'm assuming that once they receive his medical, that's when they'll make their decision?

Just for clarification, what was it that the Co said he lied about.

If he has previous convictions or arrest it should have been disclosed even if there are no records found.

Please provide more detail.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. If it's just that they haven't received the report from Knightsbridge then you should get a decision soon. I'm guessing if they didn't state on the 221(g) about the cautions then it's only the report they are waiting on. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Unlockable said:

Just for clarification, what was it that the Co said he lied about.

If he has previous convictions or arrest it should have been disclosed even if there are no records found.

Please provide more detail.

That's what he was confused about. He said was saying something about serious damage to property which he doesn't have any. His caution (and the one we were concerned about because it's considered a CIMT- he bought a dirt bike and was not aware it was report stolen) is the only thing on there that has to do with property. Nothing was every damaged so he was confused. At the time of filing out the ESTA, we hadn't even looked into the visa yet so we were unaware of all the specifics of immigration. He had no paperwork or dates and couldn't remember what had really happened. When we applied, he had recently order his police certificate for a job and it came back no record so we thought we were in the clear. It wasn't until joining this site and reading everything on here that I realized we shouldn't have used it. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Sorry to hear that. If it's just that they haven't received the report from Knightsbridge then you should get a decision soon. I'm guessing if they didn't state on the 221(g) about the cautions then it's only the report they are waiting on. 

I really hope so. She was super mean to him but they kept his passport too

5 minutes ago, Pooley said:

That's what he was confused about. He said was saying something about serious damage to property which he doesn't have any. His caution (and the one we were concerned about because it's considered a CIMT- he bought a dirt bike and was not aware it was report stolen) is the only thing on there that has to do with property. Nothing was every damaged so he was confused. At the time of filing out the ESTA, we hadn't even looked into the visa yet so we were unaware of all the specifics of immigration. He had no paperwork or dates and couldn't remember what had really happened. When we applied, he had recently order his police certificate for a job and it came back no record so we thought we were in the clear. It wasn't until joining this site and reading everything on here that I realized we shouldn't have used it. 

Ah, OK. I see.

And I can see he was confused on what to answer for any crimes or interactions with police. Seen it before. Even by how you were going into details about the case I can tell that this was an honest, yet lesson-learned, mistake. Most people focus on the wrong thing. If immigration wants to know if there was an arrest, charges filed, court appearance, jail time, etc....that is all they want to know. They don't want to know if the case was dismissed or found not guilty or if nobody was hurt. They want simply want to know if there was any interaction with police or the courts; point blank.

This is unfortunate it is happening to you but looks like you are already prepared to move to the next steps. 

Stay strong.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Ah, OK. I see.

And I can see he was confused on what to answer for any crimes or interactions with police. Seen it before. Even by how you were going into details about the case I can tell that this was an honest, yet lesson-learned, mistake. Most people focus on the wrong thing. If immigration wants to know if there was an arrest, charges filed, court appearance, jail time, etc....that is all they want to know. They don't want to know if the case was dismissed or found not guilty or if nobody was hurt. They want simply want to know if there was any interaction with police or the courts; point blank.

This is unfortunate it is happening to you but looks like you are already prepared to move to the next steps. 

Stay strong.

Yeah, I realize that now lol. But at the time of applying for ESTA it only asked about serious damage to property which he hasn't.. but we weren't even thinking of the k-1 at the time and had done no research, simply just answered based on his basic police certificate. It wasn't until this year that I figured it out that we shouldn't have used it and I made sure that he didn't come over again on it after we were made aware. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Did you attend the interview?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

So sorry Pooley hopefully when they have the medical information they have requested they will approve keep positive and keep us updated 

1 hour ago, Pooley said:

I really hope so. She was super mean to him but they kept his passport too

They kept his passport? That’s gotta be a positive? Why would they keep the passport? Only because they’re considered issuing him a visa. I’d take a massive positive away from that

Timeline
13 minutes ago, thatguyuknow said:

They kept his passport? That’s gotta be a positive? Why would they keep the passport? Only because they’re considered issuing him a visa. I’d take a massive positive away from that

Yeah, they kept all my tax stuff and his passport. I hope that means it's good news!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Yeah I would say the fact they kept it is a good sign. They may pass it off as a mistake as its not a serious crime or anything. Fingers crossed for you

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

NVC sent to embassy - 2nd April 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Interview - 31st May 2019

Approved! 

K-1 in hand - 10th June 2019

POE - 4th July 2019

Timeline
1 minute ago, Seanandrach said:

Yeah I would say the fact they kept it is a good sign. They may pass it off as a mistake as its not a serious crime or anything. Fingers crossed for you

I really hope so but I don't want to get my hopes up because of how short she was with him. I will definitely keep everyone updated!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I had a rude one too. In all the reviews, everyone seemed to have lovely warm COs. It felt very much like an interrogation for me and took me back as I was expecting a friendly person. Answers were cut off too, I think they are just matching up your answer with the data they have on file to hunt for discrepancies. 

Mine was approved and took a week to get issued and sent to the courier. I know it's going to be a painful wait for you but the fact that all the evidence they need for the package was kept, it sounds like you have a good chance. The way I see it, they don't want to catch us out, it's their job to find the fraudsters. As long as the paperwork is all in order and the relationship valid, be confident that they will see that.

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

NVC sent to embassy - 2nd April 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Interview - 31st May 2019

Approved! 

K-1 in hand - 10th June 2019

POE - 4th July 2019

Timeline
1 minute ago, Seanandrach said:

I had a rude one too. In all the reviews, everyone seemed to have lovely warm COs. It felt very much like an interrogation for me and took me back as I was expecting a friendly person. Answers were cut off too, I think they are just matching up your answer with the data they have on file to hunt for discrepancies. 

Mine was approved and took a week to get issued and sent to the courier. I know it's going to be a painful wait for you but the fact that all the evidence they need for the package was kept, it sounds like you have a good chance. The way I see it, they don't want to catch us out, it's their job to find the fraudsters. As long as the paperwork is all in order and the relationship valid, be confident that they will see that.

I really hope so! They kept his passport and all my tax information. I was hoping for all these really nice and understanding CO's as well but I remember from a couple recent reviews there was one really mean one and I was hoping we wouldn't get her lol. I was surprised they even brought up the ESTA. When I recently realized we shouldn't be using it, I was in a panic and everyone said the Embassy doesn't really deal with ESTA, and that is usually at the border when that would come up. If they deny us on that, I think we would be able to prove that we really did not intend to use that under false pretenses. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.