EnglishLove

Not the best experience

19 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Pooley said:

I really hope so! They kept his passport and all my tax information. I was hoping for all these really nice and understanding CO's as well but I remember from a couple recent reviews there was one really mean one and I was hoping we wouldn't get her lol. I was surprised they even brought up the ESTA. When I recently realized we shouldn't be using it, I was in a panic and everyone said the Embassy doesn't really deal with ESTA, and that is usually at the border when that would come up. If they deny us on that, I think we would be able to prove that we really did not intend to use that under false pretenses. 

I do not see how you could prove what his intentions were - how were you planning of doing it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

I do not see how you could prove what his intentions were - how were you planning of doing it?

So when we filled out the ESTA, he was unsure about his criminal history. As he said it, it was years ago and all they did was ask him questions and then let him go so he wasn't even sure of the actual legal term of the charge or of the year. Because he was starting a new job that required a background search, we waiting till his police certificate came in. In the box that says "Convictions, Cautions, Reprimands, and Warnings" it says NONE RECORDED so we thought we were in the clear. It wasn't until I started actually filing out the k-1 and joined this site that I later realized we shouldn't have and that there is a basic police certificate and an immigration police certificate. It really was unintentional and I'm hoping that they'll understand if I explain and show them the police certificate showing he had nothing on his record.  

2 hours ago, Pooley said:

I really hope so but I don't want to get my hopes up because of how short she was with him. I will definitely keep everyone updated!

We had a rude CO gal that seemed very interested in small traffic violation my then fiance (now husband!) got into 15 years ago. Gave him a 221(g) , took his passport, and gave absolutely no indication if we'd get the visa or not. It took from December 14th to Jan 11th for it to go through. They wanted to confirm that the information we provided on the police certificate was accurate.

I think you're going to see something similar. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/13/2019 at 5:06 AM, Pooley said:

Hello all,

I promised updates and my fiance just left the embassy. It didn't go so well. The lady that interviewed him was extremely rude and wouldn't let him talk. She kept interrupting everything he said. She was going off saying he lied on ESTA. (I was worried about this since I later found out on this site that we shouldn't have used the ESTA but at the time of filling it out, we were going off his normal police certificate which stated NONE RECORDED in the box of "Convictions, Cautions, Reprimands, and Warnings") They ended up giving him a paper that says refused under section 221(g) for additional administrative processing for medical examination results. Apparently Knightsbridge had only received his letter from the psychiatrist today and will send it off tomorrow to the embassy.  I'm assuming that once they receive his medical, that's when they'll make their decision?

I'm really sorry to hear about your results @Pooley  I know after seeing alll the topics both you and your fiance were eager to get things done right and on point.  Hopefully this administrative proccessing goes by quick and both you and your fiance can both be together finally.  Please keep us updated..  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.