lucy 242

Will they actually read chat logs?

35 posts in this topic

We sent about 300 pages of chat logs that demonstrate continuous relationship throughout the years, before and after we got married. 5 years of logs.

I live in my home country and my husband is in the US.

I didn't really think much of it, but all of a sudden decided to look at it, it was sent a year ago and we are now close to the interview.

Back in the days we talked about kids and said that we don't think we want any (this definitely changed by now) , and there's also a text saying that I love dogs more than people, I know this sounds terrible. also not much sexual stuff, only I love you and stuff like that, and even that not all the time. 

Also my husband has a very dark sense of humor and some of the things he said really don't sound good. Do they actually spend time reading these chat logs?

Maybe I'm overreacting but everything makes me worried right now.

We also only have pictures of us from when I visited the US and a trip abroad we went on together, but not with family or friends, our family is very small, it's basically only my father and his very old mother who I only met once, and never thought about taking a picture with her, he os not in contact with his father. we had a court wedding so no wedding photos as well. 

right now I'm filling the DS-260 and I wonder if I should upload something else, my husband got me worried because he said that they will think we are just friends. we had a fight yesterday about the fact that I didn't want to get a white dress for the wedding and went for a simple court wedding, but wedding are just not my thing.

I have some new photos from our trip and he bought me a gold bracelet that I can show a receipt with his name on and maybe a photo of the bracelet? maybe a hotel booking confirmation with our names?

I am worried about the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

whats done is dont but you did not need to send all of it. a few handpicked conversations would have sufficed.

wedding photos are not important. a white dress certainly is not important. the marriage certificate proves you are married, not a photo.

hopefully you submitted stronger evidences of a marriage

joint accounts, wills, insurance, being the beneficiaries on accounts.... things like that.

how long have you been married and what nationality is involved?

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

10 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

whats done is dont but you did not need to send all of it. a few handpicked conversations would have sufficed.

wedding photos are not important. a white dress certainly is not important. the marriage certificate proves you are married, not a photo.

hopefully you submitted stronger evidences of a marriage

joint accounts, wills, insurance, being the beneficiaries on accounts.... things like that.

how long have you been married and what nationality is involved?

No joint accounts, we don't live together, we are in two different countries

"joint accounts, wills, insurance, being the beneficiaries on accounts" - nothing like that

We got married a year and a half ago and I am still in my country Sweden 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, lucy 242 said:

No joint accounts, we don't live together, we are in two different countries

"joint accounts, wills, insurance, being the beneficiaries on accounts" - nothing like that

We got married a year and a half ago and I am still in my country Sweden 

you can still be the beneficiary on insurance policies and wills

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tax filing for this previous year showing you as his spouse?

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline

It's ok that you're not in the US when he filed taxes...married filing separately is an option, so long as he didn't file as "single".

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline
1 hour ago, lucy 242 said:

Back in the days we talked about kids and said that we don't think we want any (this definitely changed by now) , and there's also a text saying that I love dogs more than people, I know this sounds terrible. 

Also...the above is not an issue.  Nor does it sound terrible.

Many bonafide couples choose to not have children, or cannot have children.

Many people love their pets more than most other people, too.

What proof do you have other than chat logs and tax return?

they won’t read the 300 pages but what’s done is done. Usually it’s good just to pick 5 quality pages and send those.

and as others have said, he can add you to some things without you being in the country.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

1 minute ago, Going through said:

Also...the above is not an issue.  Nor does it sound terrible.

Many bonafide couples choose to not have children, or cannot have children.

Many people love their pets more than most other people, too.

I wasn't worried at all until I started reading it and started thinking that maybe they won't understand it correctly, also there are gaps because we also talked on the phone, I didn't send call logs because I could not find how to export it, maybe I should add screenshots of calls? show that we talk on the phone for hours? I'm trying to see if I can add stuff before the interview  

Timeline

Chat logs are just one piece of evidence.

What else do you have other than the chat logs and tax filing?

15 minutes ago, lucy 242 said:

I wasn't worried at all until I started reading it and started thinking that maybe they won't understand it correctly, also there are gaps because we also talked on the phone, I didn't send call logs because I could not find how to export it, maybe I should add screenshots of calls? show that we talk on the phone for hours? I'm trying to see if I can add stuff before the interview  

You are from a country that is considered low fraud, this does not mean that you do not have to show proof of a bonafide marriage, but unless there are other issues you will most likely not be denied only based on the fact that you did not bring call logs or anything.. Bring whatever you think might actually add something to your case that shows a bonafide marriage, don't just bring stuff to bring stuff.. Your anwers should give the CO a good indication of the status of your marriage and your intentions (so to speak)  the proof should be there to colaborate what you say.

Just breathe and answer the questions honestly.. Good luck!

Edited by Daphne K

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

6 minutes ago, lucy 242 said:

Maybe my husband can order a credit card with my name? will that be a good idea?

In my opinion that would be the sort of proof that would be needed/used for when you have to do ROC to remove the conditions of your 2 year green card (same as the mingling of finances, joint bank accounts, taxes, utility bills etc.) because that would be ‘normal’ for a married couple that lives together. 

At this point, you have been married and apart (as many of us) and the CO wil know that there will not be a lot of proof in terms of the ones mentioned above since you don’t live in the same country. 

Not sure what other members think, but ‘creating’ proof in the form of adding a name to a CC all of a sudden without any history would not be considered really good proof I think? 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.