lucy 242

Will they actually read chat logs?

35 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, RCable said:

It's very hard to do this if they don't have a social security number. I can't make my husband the beneficiary of anything because of that. I have to get an executor of the estate instead and then have him listed in there. 

I also cannot have him added to any of my bank accounts because he doesn't have a social security number. 

What I included was:

1.) 1 sample of conversation from every month we've been together (context didn't matter,  just that we're contact)

2.) A few photos from our wedding with family
3.) A few photos of us with friends
4.) Receipts from trips taken together

5.) Plane ticket stubs from visits
6.) Marriage certificate (obviously)

7.) Some vendor contracts from our wedding

8.) Honeymoon trip receipts

I probably sent off way more than needed, but I was edging on the side of playing it safe. 

If you made it through the first part, I would just plan on bringing some good evidence in a binder to the interview. If they want to see more proof, they'll ask and you'll be prepared. 

I was married to an English man years back and I went through this process before. The couple in front of us were unprepared and got taken into another room for long questioning. My ex was very prepared and said that they briefly looked through the "proof" and approved. 

Don't create any new evidence, just bring what you have. They know and understand that if you don't live in the US yet, you won't have some things. That's why you're getting a CR and not an IR. 

Good luck, but try not to lose sleep over it! 

I definitely lose sleep over it, haven't slept in 3 days  

I sent 6 months worth of conversation first middle and last page of those months. Pictures of course call log. Its not much you can have in the us with no social security number I had to file married filling separately too because again the foreigner doesnt have a SSN you can't be added to his bank so those types of evidence are limited you're just proving the marriage I dont believe they read all the messages as long as you sent I 10lb a vopy of the marriage license and photos of the wedding and y'all other times any financial support like if he sends you money or you him. You can always take new photos with you at the interview imcase they ask to see some. 

1 minute ago, Kerege said:

I sent 6 months worth of conversation first middle and last page of those months. Pictures of course call log. Its not much you can have in the us with no social security number I had to file married filling separately too because again the foreigner doesnt have a SSN you can't be added to his bank so those types of evidence are limited you're just proving the marriage I dont believe they read all the messages as long as you sent I 10lb a vopy of the marriage license and photos of the wedding and y'all other times any financial support like if he sends you money or you him. You can always take new photos with you at the interview imcase they ask to see some. 

The question is should I upload more things to CEAC or just bring them with me, because I heard the don't even look at stuff you bring. I don't want them to make up their minds about me even before talking to me. (if it's a negative opinion) 

17 hours ago, lucy 242 said:

We sent about 300 pages of chat logs t

For other people reading this:  please don't do this.  It is not necessary and contributes to the backlog because someone has to read through all that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

For other people reading this:  please don't do this.  It is not necessary and contributes to the backlog because someone has to read through all that.

Good advice. Once upon a time, I used to work for a federal agency (not USCIS) examining applications. The thicker the file, the more loathe I was to start on it. It meant more reading, more cross checking, more things I needed to address in my written response to the application. Ugh. And truth be told, I was usually less disposed to immediately approving such applications.

Be thorough, and concise, if possible.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.