imse82

If you're a US Citizen, is it difficult for parents to get a visitor visa?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm a US citizen and would like to invite my parents to visit me in the states for the first time. Would it be difficult for my parents to get a visitor visa since I'm a US citizen also what documents they need for the interview? My parents are 60 and 67 years old and will be covering their expenses. They will be interviewing in Amman, Jordan. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They will get a tourist visa based on their own merit. it has nothing to do with you.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Invitation letter is not required. You being a US citizen has 0 bearing on the outcome of CO decision on granting your mom a visitor's visa.

It depends on their ties to their home country and individual circumstances. It can be more difficult for the parent of a citizen, if the interviewing officer suspects that the actual intent is to stay and adjust status rather than just visit, hence the need to prove ties at home.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The visitors must show to the satisfaction of the Consular Officer that the visitors have sufficient ties in their home country, that at the end of their visit they will go back to their own country and not attempt to use this visitor visa to immigrate to the US. They have to do the application, not you. As others have said, nothing is required nor requested from the USC.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 6/9/2019 at 1:10 AM, imse82 said:

I'm a US citizen and would like to invite my parents to visit me in the states for the first time. Would it be difficult for my parents to get a visitor visa since I'm a US citizen also what documents they need for the interview? My parents are 60 and 67 years old and will be covering their expenses. They will be interviewing in Amman, Jordan. 

Hi although many of these members have replied to you they make it sound more difficult than it really is for Jordan. I have helped many of my older relatives In Jordan apply for a tourist Visa. I know that process like the back of my hand as opposed to my own K1. The fact that their USC child lives there DOES make a difference...dont listen to what others said here.  You are the one who they will be staying with correct? They need to provide an address, contact person, number, etc to where they are staying. If you are paying for the flight or any part of their activities it can be stated in an email or letter ESPECIALLY if they dont have alot of money in their bank account. The consul there in Jordan will take in consideration their funds. If they didnt have enough money to fly and enjoy touring, how can they travel? By stating in a letter or email that they will stay with you, automatically that includes their meals....so thats also covered. More than likely they will visit and stay with other relatives Im assuming? It makes it easier that they know that too. They are older and married and have a home there in Jordan. That is their tie for the consul there. Our consul  In Jordan is usually quite lenient with older married people in Jordan ESPECIALLY if they have a USC child they will visit to help with expenses. If they have a job or business, etc, they should state that too in their application. If you send them an email, or anyone who can print it out,  communication of their trip would be great. Then a separate sheet with all of your information on it as well. Message me personally if you have more questions otherwise its pretty easy for them as all my relatives I helped all got their Visas approved. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.