10 posts in this topic

Guys I was recently naturalized and now wants to apply for my mother. I live in Syracuse NY area. Can anyone tell which field office the petition will go into? The closest one is Vermont center I believe. Have you filed i130 from this area? Urgent and honest opinions required please

Read the instructions that accompany the I-130 on the USCIS website. You don’t send it to a service center. You send it to the Chicago or Phoenix lock box based on your state of residency and the lock box employees assign it to the appropriate service center.  

7 minutes ago, JFH said:

You asked this question 2 weeks ago. The answer hasn’t changed. 

I guess it's not so urgent if OP didnt bother to read or research past 2 weeks. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

@JFH   Buffalo is on of the fastest field centers in USA especially for naturalization

@Roel  I know I will have to send petition to lockbox .I just want to know which field center it will go to because some centers take a long time and the processing in some is short.

12 minutes ago, kamrankhan said:

@JFH   Buffalo is on of the fastest field centers in USA especially for naturalization

@Roel  I know I will have to send petition to lockbox .I just want to know which field center it will go to because some centers take a long time and the processing in some is short.

You have no control over the service center. The lock box makes that decision. It doesn’t go to a field office. It goes to a service center. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, kamrankhan said:

I would research the process more....It sounds like you are confusing the process with adjustment of status.....which is totally different.  I-130 cases are not serviced based on residence location.

Edited by missileman

:idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
  • "..case ready to be scheduled for interview" on 5/29/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.