2,900 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Exactly! They just want to collect money and after that, they dont care anymore. I still have a remaining balance and im thinking to fire her and not pay anymore if she keeps doing this. I emailed her and called the office and she didn’t even care to respond. I asked to get an appointment to meet her but The receptionist said she’s in court and she can’t give me a schedule yet until she talks to my lawyer. How would i remove her as a representative and just do things by myself? They just make things worst. Also from my EAD renewal few months back, it was already out of processing time but they didnt do anything so i asked help from my senator and representative without any help from them. Im just so jealous of Some people here who are so lucky to find themselves efficient and compassionate lawyers! 😩 

It's okay don't beat yourself up so much..what's done is done..we can only take up the pieces and make the best of them! How about you put your foot down..go to the office and demand attention as you paid for the services? I really don't put much faith in over-the- phone conversations! Also the congressperson is a reliable help in times like this..hold unto them...if you've had enough and really wanna let your attorney go, I can't blame you for that...just look around for a reputable one..if you choose to do it yourself, fine too as this place right here with our dear Sandra is really formidable!👍🙌

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

That's exactly what I thought as well...but from what's going on I can sense that the spouse in question may not be an LPR or USC..because USCIS is able to access that information without any 3rd party! They probably do not have the data they are seeking...just my thoughts nothing factual here...😏

Not necessarily. USCIS can access whatever they want to but it takes a little bit of stress to go about other government departments requesting for this information. They have too much work already. Its easier when they just have u send it and then they just verify it. However, u may need a legal mind to help you navigate this issue. Its kind of tricky

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kersac said:

Not necessarily. USCIS can access whatever they want to but it takes a little bit of stress to go about other government departments requesting for this information. They have too much work already. Its easier when they just have u send it and then they just verify it. However, u may need a legal mind to help you navigate this issue. Its kind of tricky

For his RFE USCIS cannot determine the US citizenship of his spouse with just a marriage certificate. 

1 minute ago, Kersac said:

USCIS is the body in charge of issuing legal status to petitioners LOL😁 they have that information! Anyways no one can say for sure how they operate...but the trouble I'm sensing like I stated is that the spouse may not be a USC or LPR that's why USCIS is asking for a qualifying relationship..because you qualify based on marriage to either a USC or LPR!...😏 I suppose...

Timeline
2 hours ago, keano99 said:

Hi, I finally received the RFE. Asks for qualifying relationship plus good moral character. My wife was born abroad and I do not have a copy of her passport. Anyone with an idea of how I can get a copy of her Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)? Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Here’s what you can do. 

1. U.S. birth certificate 

2. U.S. passport “which you said you don’t have access to”.

3. Statement from a consular officer certifying U.S. citizenship 

4. Certificate of naturalization or citizenship and/or 

5. Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States. 

If you cannot locate these documents then provide as much as these information as possible which I’m gonna list. 

1. Complete name

2. Date of birth and country of birth

3. A-Number and Class Admission if naturalized 

4. The date and place of entry into the United States if naturalized 

5. Any correspondence from USCIS that may be able to submit that indicates a previous file number and or 

6. Any other document which indicates the place of birth

7. Parents full name. 

What I did with my wife because I had no documents was list all her parents name, date of birth, place of birth, children names and their date and place of birth. List my wife full name, date of birth, SSN, her place of birth. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I never submitted my spouse's birth certificate to Vermont....and it was never requested...

I understand but when my case was processing that’s what they said in my RFE for qualifying relationship. They said they can not determine my wife’s USC with just a marriage certificate which I submitted. I guess different folks different strokes. Lol 😂 😂 😂 😂 

2 minutes ago, Trizzle said:

I understand but when my case was processing that’s what they said in my RFE for qualifying relationship. They said they can not determine my wife’s USC with just a marriage certificate which I submitted. I guess different folks different strokes. Lol 😂 😂 😂 😂 

😁 I guess so too..but yeah the tips you gave to answer the RFE is great! I believe it will suffice! Even though they have the information on who's citizen or not..I believe they still want you to present evidence...maybe they didn't ask me because my i485 has all that information...really can't tell LOL😁

I need to know that for my new Medical exam for my interview (I360+I465), Do I have to take vaccination shots again or not 😬? , as I took my shots in 2015 when I was living with my spouse and applied for I-130+I465.

if vaccination not required now ( as already got it in 2015), then I will arrange vaccination record only. 🙄

if vaccination required, I will not care running for vaccination record. 😕

Edited by gur

1 minute ago, gur said:

I need to know that for my new Medical exam for my interview (I360+I465), Do I have to take vaccination shots again or not ? , as I took my shots in 2015 when I was living with my spouse and applied for I-130+I465.

Yes..you will need to attend your interview with updated medicals! It's advisable to get it done soon as you get the interview notice! I've also had previous medicals done..but have recently recently received a letter (CL) from USCIS instructing me to update it.

Hi guys!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

I need your opinion guys... today I got into my case status online and found a new update...

reviewing correspondence??? what that's mean???????

just to give you a refresh... I am a November 2017 filler, already got my approval letter back in May 2019... just patiently waiting for my case to be transfer to my local office ( San Francisco CA)

Also, as soon as I got my VAWA approved, I mailed to Vermont  my change of address because I realized that my pending I-485 had my Ex address (I filled I-485 in 2016 before Vawa) so I got very scared thinking that he may get my CL or any kind of update and since I mailed my change of address I did not get any update till now... so could be the change of address what USCIS is reviewing it???

please advice... :( 

360 07 31.JPG

59 minutes ago, Trizzle said:

Here’s what you can do. 

1. U.S. birth certificate 

2. U.S. passport “which you said you don’t have access to”.

3. Statement from a consular officer certifying U.S. citizenship 

4. Certificate of naturalization or citizenship and/or 

5. Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States. 

If you cannot locate these documents then provide as much as these information as possible which I’m gonna list. 

1. Complete name

2. Date of birth and country of birth

3. A-Number and Class Admission if naturalized 

4. The date and place of entry into the United States if naturalized 

5. Any correspondence from USCIS that may be able to submit that indicates a previous file number and or 

6. Any other document which indicates the place of birth

7. Parents full name. 

What I did with my wife because I had no documents was list all her parents name, date of birth, place of birth, children names and their date and place of birth. List my wife full name, date of birth, SSN, her place of birth. 

This is phenomenal... I wish I knew this list before ; I would have sent all of this just to be sure . 

You are amazing @Trizzle

can i I request you to please send me a check list of all the documents that needs to be sent or will help ... 

i plan to file the VAWA next week ... so that list would help 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.