2,900 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FeDaniela said:

I submit my I-485 base on marriage on October 2017, and i had my marriage base interview May 2019. (17 months after) NYC.... 

Received a notification on September 2018 that my I-485 was on queue for an interview, Got the interview notice on April 2019 for May 2019... (8 months after a notification was received total wait 17 months)...  😕

Thank you dear! 🙏💕

1 minute ago, namastenyc said:

Thanks s lot. I really appreciate it. How can a hold of this info, though? I have no way to tracking where the case is being adjudicated anymore. No updates on the website when I type my receipt number either.  

I got the info from USCIS case processing times! Also if you must..do please enquire from your congressman to ensure your case is moving along...because sometimes contacting your representative prompts action on your case!

3 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Hola family 🙂

I am working on my RFE. how many pages i should write for personal affidavit? 

Hola 👋 there's no set number of pages when it comes to affidavit..your only concern is for it to be very detailed! But be sure not to write a never ending story..else you may bore the officer to death! Your story might end in 10 pages while mine would take 17 pages...it all depends! 

8 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

But did you applied for VAWA?? After submitting I-360 Vermont have jurisdiction over your case, it happened to me my lawyer sent my EAD C09 renewal to NBC after 8 months of waiting and congress person involve they transfer to Vermont. Vermont had jurisdiction and they process and sent my EAD renewal... My marriage base I-485 was still pending at the time in my local office, at the interview the officer also said my I-485 will be transfer to Vermont as well (He told before I even requested to be hold ) Because of I-360 being pending. 

At the moment when I was sending renewal EAD I got Prima facie already.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, MsVi2 said:

I am beyond frustrated!  So it's been over a year since my Vawa was approved, twice now I have submitted my adjustment of status package along with the I-912 Fee waiver and twice it has been sent back denied, we are at a loss because the second time we included even more information.  I'm a full time student, we receive section 8 housing, Snap food benefits, both my toddlers have medicaid and our only source of income is $850 in social security disability, I included so much information and bank statements, my school paperwork showing I receive the full pell grant, proving all the means-tested benefits I have and they still denied the fee-waiver even though we are definitely below the 150% poverty line and proved we receive several public benefits.  What the heck  else am I suppose to provide for them? The attorney who helped me submit everything is furious, saying that it absolutely qualifies and that she doesn't understand why they are denying fee waivers that more than qualify under their guidelines.  I'm contacting my Senator's office in the mean time as well to see if they can help me. 

Oh, and my EAD expires next week, so if they were denying it based on that fact alone that I had an EAD, well NOT ANYMORE. :(

When I applied for waiver, I also submitted an affidavit from my brother about my current financial struggles and caring for my children without any financial support. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
3 hours ago, MsVi2 said:

I am beyond frustrated!  So it's been over a year since my Vawa was approved, twice now I have submitted my adjustment of status package along with the I-912 Fee waiver and twice it has been sent back denied, we are at a loss because the second time we included even more information.  I'm a full time student, we receive section 8 housing, Snap food benefits, both my toddlers have medicaid and our only source of income is $850 in social security disability, I included so much information and bank statements, my school paperwork showing I receive the full pell grant, proving all the means-tested benefits I have and they still denied the fee-waiver even though we are definitely below the 150% poverty line and proved we receive several public benefits.  What the heck  else am I suppose to provide for them? The attorney who helped me submit everything is furious, saying that it absolutely qualifies and that she doesn't understand why they are denying fee waivers that more than qualify under their guidelines.  I'm contacting my Senator's office in the mean time as well to see if they can help me. 

Oh, and my EAD expires next week, so if they were denying it based on that fact alone that I had an EAD, well NOT ANYMORE. :(

Am sorry to hear that, but please try this summer work your self up save up and send the application,  its for your good, the fact that you have a lot if public benefits might be the reason for denial, maybe the officer recieving your application is looking at that and denying you. Am sure he is like. If we are paying for her before he/she gets their status what if they get it? They won't work!! So please get the funds and just pay and get your case moving! Am sorry if I offended you, but in this political climate be careful

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Ziongirl said:

Am sorry to hear that, but please try this summer work your self up save up and send the application,  its for your good, the fact that you have a lot if public benefits might be the reason for denial, maybe the officer recieving your application is looking at that and denying you. Am sure he is like. If we are paying for her before he/she gets their status what if they get it? They won't work!! So please get the funds and just pay and get your case moving! Am sorry if I offended you, but in this political climate be careful

We're VAWA petitioners, we're granted access to public benefits from the moment you receive your Prima Facie, they cannot deny you based on using means tested benefits, please please please understand that VAWA self-petitioners have different requirement and benefits than normal petitioners. 

There is a reason I filed for the fee waiver, you think if I had the money to pay the fee I wouldn't?  Let's ignore the fact that I'm in classes most of the day, even if I wanted to work part time in the evenings I would have to pay childcare for 2 toddlers and an adult daycare for my disabled family member out of pocket, the minimun wage in the state I live in is $7.25 even if I got paid more than that all of my earnings would be going to pay for child/adult care.  So please don't think that I'm trying to be lazy and asking for a fee waiver because I don't want to work, there is alot more going on in my circumstances and reasons to why I'm receiving benefits.  The entire point of my post is that I qualify for the fee waiver based on their own criteria and they are denying it and ignoring all the evidence I've sent them showing it.   I shouldn't have to justify why i'm going through financial hardship on top of everything, that's similar to victim blaming. (and I mean this in the sense that they ask for proof of hardship, I should not have to explain why i'm facing that hardship or have them judge and deny it because they believe I can work solely on the fact that I received my EAD.  I couldn't even get a SSN without the EAD, so it was needed for more than just work authorization.)

Oh, and let's not forget that my EAD expires next week, because I've been trying to get my AOS and my EAD renewal accepted for the last 7 months but it keeps being sent back. so now I really can't "work and save up money" to pay the fee anyway.  🙄

Edited by MsVi2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

When you say Feb 1st do you mean 2017 2018 or 2019? Usually what you just said means your VAWA has been approved except you alter your post above! So please clarify..or else congratulations are in order!🌟🙌

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂 see me oooo my dear

Timeline
10 hours ago, bengolo said:

I apologize i did not explain correct my history with VAWA 

Forms I-131,I-360,I-485,I-765 february 1st 2019 accepted by USCIS

After they received the forms  3 weeks later i ve been on biometrics 

March 2019 USCIS ask for additional evidence (asking for fingerprints for FBI )

May 2019 I-131 form (travel document ) approved together with I-765 c-31 form (Employment authorization card) 

June 2019 where mailed and received from my attorney  ( i picked up )

July 2nd 2019   i got notification for I-360 form said (New card is being produced )

My question is "what card is being produced" is it again  Employment authorization card or something else 

Every answer is appreciated thanks 

Hello my dear, according to what we have seen here on VJ, once ur i360 says card is been produced ,that mean your vawa has been approved vawa EAD card is c31 guess u already recieved ur c09 as u narrated already and a Big congratulations to this, cos it would be the fastest approval in a very long time.. pls ask the officer in ur caee to jump on my case my dear.. congrats once more...

Timeline
10 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Well I haven't heard of any 2019 approvals..but still the way you put it..seems like the approval routine/procedure..chances are it might be the work authorization update..because sometimes..it happens like that..for example my file was moved to local office on the 18th but got update on 25th saying it was moved on the 18th..etc...but I would love for yours to be an actual approval...since non of us work at USCIS, we'll wait for you to tell us what it is when you know for sure!☺👍

Sweety she said she got the update on her i360 form if it was an error it would have been on the i765 form right? 

Timeline
9 hours ago, bengolo said:

EAD is C09  not c31 like i mention above 

Yes you already recieved your C09 ,I red ur story very well... but the update in ur i360 that says card is be produce its gonna be C31 , you only get a C31 once ur vawa is approved... so let's wait untill you get the card on hand.. the one under the i360 card production you said...congrats 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, MsVi2 said:

We're VAWA petitioners, we're granted access to public benefits from the moment you receive your Prima Facie, they cannot deny you based on using means tested benefits, please please please understand that VAWA self-petitioners have different requirement and benefits than normal petitioners. 

There is a reason I filed for the fee waiver, you think if I had the money to pay the fee I wouldn't?  Let's ignore the fact that I'm in classes most of the day, even if I wanted to work part time in the evenings I would have to pay childcare for 2 toddlers and an adult daycare for my disabled family member out of pocket, the minimun wage in the state I live in is $7.25 even if I got paid more than that all of my earnings would be going to pay for child/adult care.  So please don't think that I'm trying to be lazy and asking for a fee waiver because I don't want to work, there is alot more going on in my circumstances and reasons to why I'm receiving benefits.  The entire point of my post is that I qualify for the fee waiver based on their own criteria and they are denying it and ignoring all the evidence I've sent them showing it.   I shouldn't have to justify why i'm going through financial hardship on top of everything, that's similar to victim blaming. (and I mean this in the sense that they ask for proof of hardship, I should not have to explain why i'm facing that hardship or have them judge and deny it because they believe I can work solely on the fact that I received my EAD.  I couldn't even get a SSN without the EAD, so it was needed for more than just work authorization.)

Oh, and let's not forget that my EAD expires next week, because I've been trying to get my AOS and my EAD renewal accepted for the last 7 months but it keeps being sent back. so now I really can't "work and save up money" to pay the fee anyway.  🙄

Am sorry the tone of your reply is high, and that's why I said am sorry if I offend you, but hey am just putting myself in your shoe , and imagining what they might be thinking to deny a case like yours cause definitely you deserve the waiver, it's been 7 months them denying don't you think one can find another way to get it done, the fact that it's for your benefit someone in that office doesn't care much to help you. All I pray is God to make a way so that you can get it done. Wish you all the best.. I come in peace am so sorry for what you are going through.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.