Pakyman

Has there ever been an Islamabad same sex approval?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would like to ask... has there EVER been an Islamabad same sex K1 or CR1 approval?  If you were denied, please speak up.  Did you try again?  Were you ever successful?  I want to know if going though either process even worth a same sex couple's time in Islamabad.  What do others here in this forum know and suggest?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Pretty sure I have never seen such a case on VJ.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Here’s one post of someone who has a beneficiary in Egypt.  Similar situation but no updates.  Best I can suggest is send a private message and see if they have had any progress as it’s been nearly a year and a half.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I found another link to a similar but different situation.  It looks like you can possibly request the interview in a different country for this situation.   At least this post shows this can be dealt with.   Please keep us updated.  It looks like you can provide valuable information for others as you proceed.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-canmy-same-sex-fianc-attend-k-1-visa-interview-country-persecutes-lgbt.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, our attorney is scheduling my Same-Sex K1 visa interview today, I don't know how do they deal with Same Sex k1 Visa interview in Islamabad Embassy. 

Am very curious and nervous about the interview. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Meekmil

Timeline

My interview is on 2nd July, I'll keep posting about it here! 

I am having my medical exam test after a few days and they are asking for NVC letter. NVC letter clearly shows my fiance name and which clearly tells I am gay . 

Any same-sex couple went to the medical test ? How are they treating you when they find out you are gay ?

Edited by Meekmil

Timeline

Hi, Meekmil, 

I'm replying you on behalf of my fiance, who lives in USA, I actually went in the medical exam in Karachi, the most recognized hospital i.e Agha khan, so in my case nobody said anything to me and the doctor just asked me is your medical is for K-1. that's  it. You don't need to be worry every thing will be fine, I went to Islamabad with my fiance hand in hand. no problem inside the embassy but the final interviewer was very rude on us.

I hope you will go through in your interview successful, feel free to ask question. 

Timeline

Thanks for being positive and supportive to me, it means alot. We have been 4 times on a teio, each trip was for 2 weeks, I have lots of more evidence to show them. Inshallah I'll make it. Pray for me guys!! you know the feeling ..

A few questions to ask :

Is the interviewer male or female ? 

Why were they rude to you ?

Did you get approval?  if not, what's the reason ? 

What are your next plans? 

I would appreciate to hear about the whole process inside the embassy and your experience!

Thanks.

Timeline

Hi, 

Well the whole process was easy in the embassy, Me and my fiance travel by green line train from Karachi to Islamabad, reached there at night stayed in the hotel and left the hotel in early morning around 6 am for embassy, since we both were new to the city. In order to not face any difficulties we thought it would be best to pick Uber taxi service and leaved our cell phones in the hotel's room safe box. we had small old phone which I was carrying in case for emergency to call my home, seriously I was worried for the consequence of being gay at embassy. We exactly reached to the shuttle station at 7 and waited in the line, they have a nice facility over their for cell phone deposits at shuttle station, they took 1000/- Rs for each person to travel in their own shuttle bus. The bus dropped us at US embassy and then I was asked to show my ds-160 letter and passport there at outside counter. then they asked who is with me, I told them its my fiance they let us go without any single question as they respect there citizen,. Inside we waited for our token number to be called at the counter for bio-metric verification than we again waited for 2nd counter to submit things like fiance sponsor ship income , taxes , his birth certificate my police verification certificate, my birth certificate and its translation version in English and medical sealed envelope. after that they let me signed a document stating that I never get married before oath or something, than we again waited to another series of some counter. that's the last full and final interview we waited than I saw totally three counters there was counter 8 , 7 and 6. on counter 8 & 7 there were two males and counter 6 was empty and I didn't see any female there. 

The person on counter 8 was looks like angry young man to me and I was so praying that my token number should not come to that his counter, another person on counter 7 was very nice time giving to a lady who was alone there , this one seems to be very friendly for me, But than I was called on counter 8 as I expected , He greet me good morning and asked my passport , asked me where you from (City), date of birth, than How did I met my fiance , I told him we met on facebook in 2017, over there he was good until I told him that, he was not thinking that I met him on facebook because my fiance was with me there, than I was asked that How did I found him on facebook, I explained him that he send me a request through a mutual friend after 3 months friendship he flew to me in march 2018 and engaged with me. we filled in May 2018 K-1 and now he again returned in march 2019 and with me , He already told my fiance to sit in the seat because its my interview.  He than said to me don't you think your fiance is just your parents age, on that I replied him politely that no My father was much older than he is, since it was true my father born in 1943 and mother 1963, where my fiance born in 1967. that blew him off and after some typing thing on his computer he said well I'm sending your application back to NVC and your interview is over. I asked but why he sending it back, He was answer less and said again your interview is over, I asked my fiance to step in , my fiance said we have tons of proofs with this time his trip to Pakistan in our hands affidavits with our parents , my sister reception ceremony he attended and so on but the CO said no its over for today. 

It was just like a first death to me over there at the counter, having clean record of medical and through out life, having Master degree , qualified and a teacher in past doing M.Phil research etc how could he denied me for not any thing but he found us inconvenient just because of age difference. or being gay. I didn't get that. After that we get back Karachi and again filled in April for US B1-B2 visa , which was a stupid idea of me they consider that in context with our K-1 and denied, my next plan was to go in Canada , because my fiance home is at some hours drive from Michigan to Toronto. but They also found out I applied to USA earlier and didn't spoke about it in my online application, so they blocked me for 5 years.

Now as you asked about our next plan so Here is our thoughts now , We are getting married in a third gay friendly country where we obtain marriage certificate and come back apply CR-1 for USA.

I also want  to ask a question too from which city your fiance is ? and are you guys are girls? my fiance bet me that you guys are girls but I didn't believe on him, because I think you guys are male. please stay in touch after your interview, It will be good for us if you guys got approved so we could hope for us too.

We wish you guys 100 % best of luck with good spirits to cover your interview and safely get through it.

Please feel free to discuss any question.

Timeline

Hi,

Thank you for taking out your time and explaining the whole process, it is explained very well, it helped me and will help others too who have no experience.

First, In my opinion, being in a relationship after 3 months of friendship is quick and it might be a red flag.But it depends on the CO too how he treats that!

Second, When the Counselor asked "Don't you think your fiance is just your parents age ? and your answer on that :"  No My father was much older than he is". 

Pakyman I know you said it politely but your answer to him is not clear and specific and sounds rude! You could explain to him that yes he is older but age doesn't matter to both of you, you could say you like older men and your fiance like younger men and you both clicked and both wants to get together.

Again this is just my opinion, the approval mostly depends on the CO's mood and his personality

I am so very sorry to hear about your situation I can imagine your feelings dear but hey What ever happens, happens for good! Be positive and lets hope for good. Try Cr-1 Inshallah you will make it this time. 

You asked about my gender, Yes we are both men and we are in a huge age gap relationship but let that not discourage us because that's who we are, be positive. Inshallah I and who else is going through the situation pass the interview, just be clear and specific to your answers. Pray for me and for all of us who have their interviews coming, you know the feeling. 

I'll be in touch and keep posting the updates here.

Take care, good luck with your upcoming interviews!!

Edited by Meekmil

Timeline
On 6/15/2019 at 12:47 PM, Pakyman said:

Hi, 

Well the whole process was easy in the embassy, Me and my fiance travel by green line train from Karachi to Islamabad, reached there at night stayed in the hotel and left the hotel in early morning around 6 am for embassy, since we both were new to the city. In order to not face any difficulties we thought it would be best to pick Uber taxi service and leaved our cell phones in the hotel's room safe box. we had small old phone which I was carrying in case for emergency to call my home, seriously I was worried for the consequence of being gay at embassy. We exactly reached to the shuttle station at 7 and waited in the line, they have a nice facility over their for cell phone deposits at shuttle station, they took 1000/- Rs for each person to travel in their own shuttle bus. The bus dropped us at US embassy and then I was asked to show my ds-160 letter and passport there at outside counter. then they asked who is with me, I told them its my fiance they let us go without any single question as they respect there citizen,. Inside we waited for our token number to be called at the counter for bio-metric verification than we again waited for 2nd counter to submit things like fiance sponsor ship income , taxes , his birth certificate my police verification certificate, my birth certificate and its translation version in English and medical sealed envelope. after that they let me signed a document stating that I never get married before oath or something, than we again waited to another series of some counter. that's the last full and final interview we waited than I saw totally three counters there was counter 8 , 7 and 6. on counter 8 & 7 there were two males and counter 6 was empty and I didn't see any female there. 

The person on counter 8 was looks like angry young man to me and I was so praying that my token number should not come to that his counter, another person on counter 7 was very nice time giving to a lady who was alone there , this one seems to be very friendly for me, But than I was called on counter 8 as I expected , He greet me good morning and asked my passport , asked me where you from (City), date of birth, than How did I met my fiance , I told him we met on facebook in 2017, over there he was good until I told him that, he was not thinking that I met him on facebook because my fiance was with me there, than I was asked that How did I found him on facebook, I explained him that he send me a request through a mutual friend after 3 months friendship he flew to me in march 2018 and engaged with me. we filled in May 2018 K-1 and now he again returned in march 2019 and with me , He already told my fiance to sit in the seat because its my interview.  He than said to me don't you think your fiance is just your parents age, on that I replied him politely that no My father was much older than he is, since it was true my father born in 1943 and mother 1963, where my fiance born in 1967. that blew him off and after some typing thing on his computer he said well I'm sending your application back to NVC and your interview is over. I asked but why he sending it back, He was answer less and said again your interview is over, I asked my fiance to step in , my fiance said we have tons of proofs with this time his trip to Pakistan in our hands affidavits with our parents , my sister reception ceremony he attended and so on but the CO said no its over for today. 

It was just like a first death to me over there at the counter, having clean record of medical and through out life, having Master degree , qualified and a teacher in past doing M.Phil research etc how could he denied me for not any thing but he found us inconvenient just because of age difference. or being gay. I didn't get that. After that we get back Karachi and again filled in April for US B1-B2 visa , which was a stupid idea of me they consider that in context with our K-1 and denied, my next plan was to go in Canada , because my fiance home is at some hours drive from Michigan to Toronto. but They also found out I applied to USA earlier and didn't spoke about it in my online application, so they blocked me for 5 years.

Now as you asked about our next plan so Here is our thoughts now , We are getting married in a third gay friendly country where we obtain marriage certificate and come back apply CR-1 for USA.

I also want  to ask a question too from which city your fiance is ? and are you guys are girls? my fiance bet me that you guys are girls but I didn't believe on him, because I think you guys are male. please stay in touch after your interview, It will be good for us if you guys got approved so we could hope for us too.

We wish you guys 100 % best of luck with good spirits to cover your interview and safely get through it.

Please feel free to discuss any question.

"my birth certificate and its translation version" would you please let me know where to traslate that, i am also from Pakistan and NADRA issued me Birth certificate which states both in urdu on right side and in english on it's left?

is that enough or i still need any traslation of it ?

Timeline

Well, I got an idea about your Nadra issued birth certificate it's like a degree both English and Urdu are on one page right! So I must say over here or suggest you that please have a translation separate version before hand to get rid of any kind of trouble. As its cost me just 250/- Rs which is not a big deal.. I'm not sure that they will understand a mixed certificate  what you've, So you better get one. For me, there are few retired officers used to sit on infront of expo center, Karachi and before sui gas building,civic center at hassan square. There are many shops in the same line and some persons are sitting with type writers outside shops, they would do that for you, attestation and stamps from legal persons and hand it over to you within half and hour hardly.

I hope you get some idea about it. But mine original birth certificate was from municipality corporation in Urdu.

Edited by Pakyman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, opendoor said:

"my birth certificate and its translation version" would you please let me know where to traslate that, i am also from Pakistan and NADRA issued me Birth certificate which states both in urdu on right side and in english on it's left?

is that enough or i still need any traslation of it ?

We did not translate any of the NADRA issued documents that were both English and Urdu.   We only translated the Nikah Nama and my husbands original divorce degree that was on ruppee paper because they were not at all in English.  We were never asked at any interview to translate anything further.

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On 6/19/2019 at 8:03 PM, Pakyman said:

Well, I got an idea about your Nadra issued birth certificate it's like a degree both English and Urdu are on one page right! So I must say over here or suggest you that please have a translation separate version before hand to get rid of any kind of trouble. As its cost me just 250/- Rs which is not a big deal.. I'm not sure that they will understand a mixed certificate  what you've, So you better get one. For me, there are few retired officers used to sit on infront of expo center, Karachi and before sui gas building,civic center at hassan square. There are many shops in the same line and some persons are sitting with type writers outside shops, they would do that for you, attestation and stamps from legal persons and hand it over to you within half and hour hardly.

I hope you get some idea about it. But mine original birth certificate was from municipality corporation in Urdu.

Sorry to hear about the denial.

I have few questions to ask, Is your fiance White American? Also, Does your whole family supports you being gay? You talked about sister reception ceremony, what do you mean by that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.