Pakyman

Has there ever been an Islamabad same sex approval?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/23/2019 at 6:47 AM, Yazan said:

Sorry to hear about the denial.

I have few questions to ask, Is your fiance White American? Also, Does your whole family supports you being gay? You talked about sister reception ceremony, what do you mean by that?

Hi Yazan,

This is Cary... I'm not sure if my fiance answered the rest of your question here.  After being a part of his life for more than a year, I was welcomed to be a part of his sister's wedding ceremony.  During her reception, I was included in many of her family photos.  This happened days before our interview.

Timeline
8 hours ago, opendoor said:

Off-course YES! in fact several years ago (2016) i know this guy, he was approved.

The fact is very few would share this.

The reason why I ask is because there is strong belief our denial was made in prejudice.  I have tried to request our file. DENIED!  We have had a House of Representatives member's office and an attorney both investigating our case.  Fred Upton's office filed an inquiry in Washington DC to understand why we couldn't know our reason for denial.  They flat out told her in the case of K1 visas, the embassy has the right to do whatever they want and USCIS does NOT have to investigate it.. even though USCIS provided the first yes.  In fact, when they mail you your final letter of denial (16 months after we filed and still don't have), they don't even have to mention why.  Bottom line... even though the FOIA grants me the rights to my records, I been told I'll never get them.  We feel the US Embassy in Islamabad acted shamelessly with us, and they don't even have the (nerve) to stand tall about their reason why.  We want every same sex couple coming through their doors to know potentially how cowardous and judgemental they act.  Knowing no one else has ever mentioned their experiences, we still can't assume we were the first same sex couple... but they sure made us feel that way.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Normal practice anywhere, K1's are returned to die, standard practice and a Lawyer should have known that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Normal practice anywhere, K1's are returned to die, standard practice and a Lawyer should have known that.

Problem was.. we were honest and we put our faith in the US to be fair.  We could've gotten just as good an interview from a Pakistani. The embassy refused to provide reason for denial and still won't give it up now.  We didn't have an attorney.. until afterwards.  Our application was reviewed by two experts who said it was perfectly fine.  You're right, an attorney does know that.  That's why it's best to make sure you have one if you expect fair and adequate judgement in a K1 filing in Islamabad.  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Pakyman said:

Problem was.. we were honest and we put our faith in the US to be fair.  We could've gotten just as good an interview from a Pakistani. The embassy refused to provide reason for denial and still won't give it up now.  We didn't have an attorney.. until afterwards.  Our application was reviewed by two experts who said it was perfectly fine.  You're right, an attorney does know that.  That's why it's best to make sure you have one if you expect fair and adequate judgement in a K1 filing in Islamabad.  

It is very rare for the application to be the issue, normally the interview.

And nothing a Lawyer can do about the interview.

One of the advantages of going the CR1 route.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Boiler said:

It is very rare for the application to be the issue, normally the interview.

And nothing a Lawyer can do about the interview.

One of the advantages of going the CR1 route.

Yes, but an attorney will guarantee fair treatment.  Good luck with the CR1.. Out of 109 countries, Pakistan's passport ranks 106th in the world.  Imagine all the opportunities a gay Pakistani gets with that... only 30 countries that either don't require a visa or will give you one on arrival.  Guess how many of them approve of same sex marriage... 0.  Check it out sometime.  

Timeline

A Lawyer will guarantee to take your money.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

A Lawyer will guarantee to take your money.

Yah.. that was my thinking.  Look what it got us.  At least, my chances at a fair interview would have been much better.  Which would you rather have... being robbed by an attorney or screwed by an embassy.  Considering all the money we still paid without proper representation, I would have been better off.  16 months our application has been tied up by a system that is suppose to fairly represent and serve the American people.  We still ended up paying a lot of money, and we invested many hours of personal time and effort.  After 10 months waiting for our interview, the whole thing was over in a matter of 10 minutes.  To this day,  we still don't know why the denial.  16 months wasted... look at all the money spent.  Where did it get us... nowhere.  Folks don't be afraid to pay for an attorney when possible.  At least you know somebody has your best interest at heart.  It certainly isn't the embassy... 

Timeline

What would a Lawyer have done?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Pakyman said:

Yah.. that was my thinking.  Look what it got us.  At least, my chances at a fair interview would have been much better.  Which would you rather have... being robbed by an attorney or screwed by an embassy.  Considering all the money we still paid without proper representation, I would have been better off.  16 months our application has been tied up by a system that is suppose to fairly represent and serve the American people.  We still ended up paying a lot of money, and we invested many hours of personal time and effort.  After 10 months waiting for our interview, the whole thing was over in a matter of 10 minutes.  To this day,  we still don't know why the denial.  16 months wasted... look at all the money spent.  Where did it get us... nowhere.  Folks don't be afraid to pay for an attorney when possible.  At least you know somebody has your best interest at heart.  It certainly isn't the embassy... 

You know what an attorney is telling me now... who's going to be there for you to make sure the embassy does what they are suppose to do.  They have a tendency to follow the rules when they know they are being monitored.  Unfortunately for us, we didn't have that safe guard.  Now, if we choose to file the K1 again, instead of traveling for a few years first so we can find a country who may marry us so we can start over with a CR1 that takes longer than a K1, whose's to say we won't get the same denial again.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

What would a Lawyer have done?

Guaranteed a fair interview... we were never treated right and was never given our reason for denial.  Do you think that was fair?  When you pay good money for something, wouldn't you expect an answer?

Timeline

Look people... the US Embassy in Islamabad is crooked.  If you truly want to get what your paying for, take some good advice from someone who physically experienced it first hand.  If you truly want to get married, don't take ANY chances.

Timeline

I really have a lot to say about this... imagine a gay person coming to terms with they're God given sexuality in a world that wants to expose you and potentially exterminate you.  Wouldn't you be scared when people find out, it's s a tough climb.  My fiance has been very brave.  He was upfront and truthful and answered every personal question about me correctly.  Keep in mind, I'm listening to everything being said.  The interviewer lacked any compassion, respect or interest in listening to us.  He called our couple convenient... case closed.  I've had a hard time wrapping my mind around this.  What part of any of this would you call convenient?  I don't where any of it was convenient for me.  I traveled twice to Pakistan.  My family and coworkers were convinced I would die.  Then, i realized it's his interview.  All this was all convenient for him.  Love is love.  You don't know how or where or when you're going to find it.  What a lousy way for the embassy to treat the man I love, and how dare just take my money and spit in my face.  What makes this worse is... any subsequent application will now be plagued by this interview.  My fiance was exiled back to a society that can't begin to understand us.  Coming to terms with his life and knowing what he wants and feels... please tell me how any of it was convenient.  I worry about his safety every day.

Edited by Pakyman

• 4 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This embassy does not seem to treat people with respect during interview as "Loves to Teach"  and others can attest to

Officers should go by US laws where same sex unions are legal but they tend to follow norms of the country where embassy is located.  Loves to teach has gone thru multiple interviews in Pakistan and UAE and still denied.

Been on this site since 2009 and not seen any same sex visas approved from  your embassy

Not a same sex couple myself and husband but our K1 was denied /I believe for age difference and cultural norm that a man in Moroc probably would not marry a widow. Our 1st CR1 also denied and i  had to appeal.  BTW we still wait for reason the 2009 was denied.  don't hold your breath waiting for 1 

Officers do look at educational differences ,  age differences over 10 years,  religious difference,  

Below is a site that is one  i refer to for red flag issues for visas (K1 or CR1)/maybe it will help u understand why

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/red-flags-that-make-uscis-suspect-marriage-fraud.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.