KristineGB

Philippine Birth Certificate K1 Montreal

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, guys! Any Filipinos born in the Philippines here that has had their interview recently? Will the NSO birth certificate suffice? It doesn't have a RAISED seal or anything (It has an NSO FLAT SEAL), but it's what we use for everything else when anybody asks for certified true copy or original birth certificate from the Philippines. But, I wanted to cover all bases and make sure there isn't a version out there that I don't know about. 

Edited by KristineGB

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As long as it complies with the Reciprocity and Civil Documents Schedule for Philippines, you're good.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Philippines.html

Click "Birth, Death, Burial Certificates" for a description of the accepted birth certificate.

*~*~*moved from Canada regional forum to Philippines regional forum as question relates to birth certificates from the Philippines*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, KristineGB said:

Hi, guys! Any Filipinos born in the Philippines here that has had their interview recently? Will the NSO birth certificate suffice? It doesn't have a RAISED seal or anything (It has an NSO FLAT SEAL), but it's what we use for everything else when anybody asks for certified true copy or original birth certificate from the Philippines. But, I wanted to cover all bases and make sure there isn't a version out there that I don't know about. 

PSA not NSO

YMMV

Timeline
3 hours ago, JFH said:

*~*~*moved from Canada regional forum to Philippines regional forum as question relates to birth certificates from the Philippines*~*~*

Yes but doesnt some requirements differ if in Montreal consulate? I live in Canada. 

7 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Yes but doesnt some requirements differ if in Montreal consulate? I live in Canada. 

Doesn’t matter where you live. You follow the same requirements for your birth certificate as any other Philippine-born applicant, wherever they live. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

So NSO is not valid anymore? Good thing I have two PSAs. I also have two NSOs but I guess that’s no longer usable. 

NSO not accepted anymore 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, KristineGB said:

It is doubtful the old NSO birth certificate will be accepted .. hard to say really being this is the U.S. embassy in Canada, but better to be current in this situation.

You can order a new PSA birth certificate online, but to get it in a timely manner you may want to use FEDEX for delivery (may require you creating an acct with FEDEX, which only takes a few minutes)

https://nsohelpline.ph/    (of course PSA never updated the website domain, even after all these years :lol: ) 

You will also need the NBI which can also be ordered online

https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

It is doubtful the old NSO birth certificate will be accepted .. hard to say really being this is the U.S. embassy in Canada, but better to be current in this situation.

You can order a new PSA birth certificate online, but to get it in a timely manner you may want to use FEDEX for delivery (may require you creating an acct with FEDEX, which only takes a few minutes)

https://nsohelpline.ph/    (of course PSA never updated the website domain, even after all these years :lol: ) 

You will also need the NBI which can also be ordered online

https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/

Thank you. I already ordered. And yes of course they didnt. Have my NBI already. Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, KristineGB said:

Thank you. I already ordered. And yes of course they didnt. Have my NBI already. Thank you!

Hi! Were you able to order from here or you authorized someone in the Philippines? Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, JFH said:

Doesn’t matter where you live. You follow the same requirements for your birth certificate as any other Philippine-born applicant, wherever they live. 

Hi! I used the NSO for CEAC and they accepted it. Does it mean it wont be accepted during the interview and I still have to bring PSA birth certificate? Thank you so much!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Hi! Were you able to order from here or you authorized someone in the Philippines? Thank you

Yeah I ordered it thru PSA website and had it shipped priority via fedex. Sometimes they ship fast via regular philpost. Sometimes they dont. Since my interview date is in about a month i opted to go priority. I have 2 PSA ones already but i read somewhere might need 3 so i just went and ordered anyway

41 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Yeah I ordered it thru PSA website and had it shipped priority via fedex. Sometimes they ship fast via regular philpost. Sometimes they dont. Since my interview date is in about a month i opted to go priority. I have 2 PSA ones already but i read somewhere might need 3 so i just went and ordered anyway

They do NOT ship FAST using Philpost here to the USA at all. Trust me on this because I know this from experience. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

They do NOT ship FAST using Philpost here to the USA at all. Trust me on this because I know this from experience. 

There was one time I got it in 3-4 weeks' time. That was fast for me considering it usually takes them 3 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.