Glohi

K1 visa administration processing (merged)

20 posts in this topic

Hii

I had interview on 22 May 2019(Montreal,Canada) for k1visa and after my interview officer told me they need extra time so my case went in AP and after three days they ask for my passport but still they status is same and they didn’t dispatch my passport yet, any one has any idea how long does it take? When should I get my passport back. Is there any way to expident the process? 

Thank you in advance 😊

Posted (edited)

Administrative processing can not be expedited or waived.  Technically, it could take weeks, months, or in some cases, years......In Montreal, it more likely to be only a couple weeks.....but could be more, imo.

Edited by missileman

:idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
  • "..case ready to be scheduled for interview" on 5/29/2019

Just now, Kartinee23 said:

Where is Mena country

Middle East-North Africa

:idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
  • "..case ready to be scheduled for interview" on 5/29/2019

2 hours ago, Glohi said:

Hii

I had interview on 22 May 2019(Montreal,Canada) for k1visa and after my interview officer told me they need extra time so my case went in AP and after three days they ask for my passport but still they status is same and they didn’t dispatch my passport yet, any one has any idea how long does it take? When should I get my passport back. Is there any way to expident the process? 

Thank you in advance 😊

Read the myriad of threads in these fora about folks being in AP and how long will it last, and can I (basically) make it go away.

AP, or Administrative Processing (I think that there is another definition also) is basically whatever any of these bureaucratic entities associated with process, USICS, DOS, CBP,  want or need it to be. Extra time to finish checking on anything, waiting for results of anything, printing,....anything.:idea: It will last as long as they want, or need it to be. Sure, you can try to expedite your case, but that may result in something akin to pyrrhic victory. You win the battle, but lose the war. Are you ahead? 🤔They may just sit on your file longer, or put it at the bottom of the pile, or they may just reject you outright. Are you ahead? 🤔

All of us know that these processes can be maddening, we have all been there, done that, read the book, seen the movie, been in the same situation. All you can do is exercise some patience. You would do well to consider this entire process as an extended, continual exercise in patience.:yes:

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

17 hours ago, Glohi said:

Hii

Thank you in advance 😊

I was in the same boat. Do not worry, it is not a bad sign. I was afraid too. But it is normal. I've received my passport with K1 visa in about 1,5 months. My friend had the same situation, but her AP lasted 2 weeks only. I send you luck! Do not worry

1 hour ago, Mari181 said:

I was in the same boat. Do not worry, it is not a bad sign. I was afraid too. But it is normal. I've received my passport with K1 visa in about 1,5 months. My friend had the same situation, but her AP lasted 2 weeks only. I send you luck! Do not worry

Hii thank you for your reply.... did you apply from  Montreal and Canada? 

22 hours ago, Glohi said:

Hii

Thank you in advance 😊

Another recent VJer Indian National applying through MTL was in AP for about 30 days, if that helps. But every case is different. It's very normal for Montreal so don't worry. All you can do is wait.

4/14/2018 - Mailed I-129f

10/16/2018 - NOA2

11/13/2018 - NVC received 

11/29/2018 - Consulate received

12/12/2018 - P3

1/10/2019 - P4
3/27/2019 - Interview

4/4/2019 - Visa received 

Hello

I received my k1 visa on 3 June but in process of opening the packet by mistake I opened the visa packet(yellow envelope), so last Friday (7th June ) I sent back to resealed it. But now after one week my case status shows in administration process. I am so scared now.. 

does any one have any idea why it says like that? 

Plz help!!! 

Thank you in advance 🙏

1 minute ago, Glohi said:

Hello

I received my k1 visa on 3 June but in process of opening the packet by mistake I opened the visa packet(yellow envelope), so last Friday (7th June ) I sent back to resealed it. But now after one week my case status shows in administration process. I am so scared now.. 

does any one have any idea why it says like that? 

Plz help!!! 

Thank you in advance 🙏

Because resealing the envelope is an administrative process

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.