Angelita1279

K1 Visa approval but fiancée still under AP

43 posts in this topic

I need help my fiancée and I went to his appointment on May 8,2019 at the Embassy in Santo Domingo and he got approved for his visa so we were told he got the approval notice right there and then but when we go into the ceac.gov website it states that his case is under administrative processing it was updated on May 9th to that and the updated it again on the 28th of May to the same thing. Has anyone else had any problems or issues of this sort? I would greatly appreciate any information because no one can seem to give me any information or contact #’s to get a hold of someone at the embassy. 

1 minute ago, Falcon Cara said:

A/P is a wildcard, they are doing internal reviews.

1 minute ago, Falcon Cara said:

A/P is a wildcard, they are doing internal reviews.

So what does that mean if I may ask @Falcon Cara 

11 hours ago, Angelita1279 said:

I need help my fiancée and I went to his appointment on May 8,2019 at the Embassy in Santo Domingo and he got approved for his visa so we were told he got the approval notice right there and then but when we go into the ceac.gov website it states that his case is under administrative processing it was updated on May 9th to that and the updated it again on the 28th of May to the same thing. Has anyone else had any problems or issues of this sort? I would greatly appreciate any information because no one can seem to give me any information or contact #’s to get a hold of someone at the embassy. 

Just about everyone gets this after their interview.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of these steps:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

What if we never received the "first ready" and it just updated on the 9th to administrative processing and then again on the 28th of May but we have not had it show "first" or "second ready" is that something it is supposed to say or can it just update and then show issued once they send it out, are you aware? 

7 hours ago, Angelita1279 said:

What if we never received the "first ready" and it just updated on the 9th to administrative processing and then again on the 28th of May but we have not had it show "first" or "second ready" is that something it is supposed to say or can it just update and then show issued once they send it out, are you aware? 

The different steps can take hours, days or months all without you seeing or knowing. Just check in and follow along. When it moves from "immigrant" to "non-immigrant" is when you are nearing the release of your visa. Again, your mileage may vary.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

My husband was in AP from 4/16/19 to 5/14/19 and we received his visa on 5/16/19.  

On the CEAC site his status went from AP to Ready to AP to Ready to AP to Issued.

The whole process was definitely nerve wracking but unfortunately it just takes time.  You should hear something soon if you haven't already.

Good luck!

On 6/5/2019 at 11:27 AM, IrelandLynne said:

My husband was in AP from 4/16/19 to 5/14/19 and we received his visa on 5/16/19.  

On the CEAC site his status went from AP to Ready to AP to Ready to AP to Issued.

The whole process was definitely nerve wracking but unfortunately it just takes time.  You should hear something soon if you haven't already.

Good luck!

Thank you we still are under the same status it changed the case status date yesterday but it still shows AP and immigrant visa so idk how much longer this will be but I have contacted my state senator and they are working on it to so we’ll see if any of this helps. 

24 minutes ago, Angelita1279 said:

Thank you we still are under the same status it changed the case status date yesterday but it still shows AP and immigrant visa so idk how much longer this will be but I have contacted my state senator and they are working on it to so we’ll see if any of this helps. 

You are processing NORMALLY just like everyone else. 

I never can understand why everyone is so anxious yet USCIS, NVC and the embassy informs to their timetable to finish their collective work. Unfortunately it's not yours. Oy Vey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

32 minutes ago, Angelita1279 said:

Why?  No senator or congressperson can do anything about AP.  They will be given the same info that is available to you. 

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You are processing NORMALLY just like everyone else. 

I never can understand why everyone is so anxious yet USCIS, NVC and the embassy informs to their timetable to finish their collective work. Unfortunately it's not yours. Oy Vey.

I swear I wasn't drunk when I wrote the. :jest:

I never could understand why everyone is so anxious when USCIS, NVC and the embassy informs you of their timetable to finish their collective work. Unfortunately it's not your timetable. Oy Vey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Sorry to bump in your post angelita1279.

But I'm going through the same process with my mom. She dropped the extra documents required 5/19/2019 and it was uptaded next day with the same Refused and again refused on 6/13/2019. Just wondering if anyone has been updated few times with a refused and got issue the Visa at the last one?

5 hours ago, Mila9 said:

Sorry to bump in your post angelita1279.

But I'm going through the same process with my mom. She dropped the extra documents required 5/19/2019 and it was uptaded next day with the same Refused and again refused on 6/13/2019. Just wondering if anyone has been updated few times with a refused and got issue the Visa at the last one?

You're going through normal processing.  No one can say with any certainty when you'll have your visa. Just need more patience.  Don't make any plans or purchase airline tickets until you have your visa in your hads. The visa is not approved until it has been issued and you have it your hands.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

16 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You're going through normal processing.  No one can say with any certainty when you'll have your visa. Just need more patience.  Don't make any plans or purchase airline tickets until you have your visa in your hads. The visa is not approved until it has been issued and you have it your hands.

Hello everyone. I wanted to comment on this because we have been in administrative processing for about 5 months and I have now there's no timeline for that and yes I will keep us updated almost every couple days on the website but right now it hasn't been updated for over a month after it changed to non immigrant administrative processing. I understand this is actually a normal process for everybody and it can take months depending on the case so our fingers are crossed that it will be done soon, usually administrative processing takes a minimum of 180 days so expect to wait a lot longer in some cases. 

It's sad but hang in there. It's Normal after the trump extreme vetting on almost every applicant. 

Edited by Serena wehbi

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You're going through normal processing.  No one can say with any certainty when you'll have your visa. Just need more patience.  Don't make any plans or purchase airline tickets until you have your visa in your hads. The visa is not approved until it has been issued and you have it your 

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.