TastyCake

Kiev interview calendar question

141 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 hours ago, A.V said:

Ukraine switched to biometric passports in 2016, so pretty much everyone has recently renewed thier passports. 

It takes 1 day to renew driver's license and 5 days to get international driver's license.. 

I only wish I haven't quit my job this early... bummer 😆I think I need to find a new one

Maybe enjoy your time off, do some walking around the city, drink coffee at a nice cafe.

I have worked without stop after university (May, 1985).  No break except for the occasional vacation/holiday.  I would appreciate a break of 1-2 years but can't do this at the moment.  Hoping to finish my current career and then stop working completely or only do part-time work (something fun) and have more time to enjoy doing what I want.  Like hiking my mountains nearby.  🙂 

Timeline
3 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Understood and understandable.  Console yourself by repeating "it's only a couple of months, versus a black hole of indeterminate time."  Really pulling for you, and hoping to celebrate good news after the interview, whenever it occurs.

Thanks for the support!  🙂 

You are right.  There is at least an 'end date' now.  For the petition, that was a gum-scraping experience.  For any waiting AFTER she is here (ex: green card), that will be easier to absorb as we will be together at least and living our life.  I'm getting tired of hugging my body pillow, eating alone.

Assuming no earlier appointment date, 9 weeks from yesterday I will be walking on Khreschatyk with my fiancee and a few days later we will be at the embassy.  Hopefully with some awesome news to deliver after our interview.

Timeline

Ok, I did it.  I just pulled the trigger.  I found a halfway decent fare for a round trip to Kiev for the embassy interview.  I was thinking I had a better chance of looking hot in a bikini than I did scoring an earlier embassy interview so I have my flight locked in.  This means I ain't changin' even if something were to open up at the embassy.

This may bode well for the rest of you.  Now that I have locked myself into an airplane reservation, I think there's a pretty decent chance June and July appointments will start opening up like a Catholic in a confessional.  It's the story of my life.  So keep your eyes open but don't tell me about it if you're successful.  🙉🙉🙉

17 hours ago, TastyCake said:

Ok, I did it.  I just pulled the trigger.  I found a halfway decent fare for a round trip to Kiev for the embassy interview.  I was thinking I had a better chance of looking hot in a bikini than I did scoring an earlier embassy interview so I have my flight locked in.  This means I ain't changin' even if something were to open up at the embassy.

This may bode well for the rest of you.  Now that I have locked myself into an airplane reservation, I think there's a pretty decent chance June and July appointments will start opening up like a Catholic in a confessional.  It's the story of my life.  So keep your eyes open but don't tell me about it if you're successful.  🙉🙉🙉

Please spare us the bikini pictures, we believe you🤣🤣

On the other hand, thank you for taking the dive for the rest of us and ensuring some openings in July now!!! In all seriousness, I'm not even really looking for an earlier interview. What we have booked with still work with the timeline we were hoping for marriage, and to stress out 3 times a day checking for an opening that probably never will come ain't worth it. If something falls in my lap we would of course take it, but I ain't really looking nor expecting.

Looks like we will both be getting our good news a day apart!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, 

I was trying to figure out what vaccine shots I need, so maybe you will find this info helpful. This is only for Ukraine, I called Medicom couple of times already lol  

I advice to pay attention to this 3 vaccines: 

1. DPT vaccine (АКДС). It has to be not older than 10 years. Needs to be repeated if more than 10 years passed from the last one. Can be made for free by family doc (not sure how many times, depends on vaccine).

2. Varicella (Вітрянка). For this one you have to do blood test for Varicella Zoster Virus, IgG. If there are no antibodies this shot is also needed. This one is not free, only can be made in private medical centers (2 times), $60 each approx. 

3. MMR (КПК). No matter if this was done before, anti-Measles virus IgG test is needed. In case if there are no antibodies the shot is required. THIS IS A NEW REQIUREMENT. The girl from call center said this rule is from yesterday and it is extremely strict, cause we have a lot of measles lately. Can be made for free by family doc. 

It seems i need all three even though i didn't miss any vaccine shots when I was a child....frustrating...

In case some shots will be made after medical they advice to make a translation of paper that prooves this and take it to US. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, A.V said:

Hi, 

I was trying to figure out what vaccine shots I need, so maybe you will find this info helpful. This is only for Ukraine, I called Medicom couple of times already lol  

I advice to pay attention to this 3 vaccines: 

1. DPT vaccine (АКДС). It has to be not older than 10 years. Needs to be repeated if more than 10 years passed from the last one. Can be made for free by family doc (not sure how many times, depends on vaccine).

2. Varicella (Вітрянка). For this one you have to do blood test for Varicella Zoster Virus, IgG. If there are no antibodies this shot is also needed. This one is not free, only can be made in private medical centers (2 times), $60 each approx. 

3. MMR (КПК). No matter if this was done before, anti-Measles virus IgG test is needed. In case if there are no antibodies the shot is required. THIS IS A NEW REQIUREMENT. The girl from call center said this rule is from yesterday and it is extremely strict, cause we have a lot of measles lately. Can be made for free by family doc. 

It seems i need all three even though i didn't miss any vaccine shots when I was a child....frustrating...

In case some shots will be made after medical they advice to make a translation of paper that prooves this and take it to US. 

Interesting.  When my fiancee made her appointment the woman said the vaccine report wasn't required/necessary but we have it so it will be brought to the exam.  Or maybe a translation to English wasn't necessary.  Maybe that is what it was.

I am happy she is having her medical exam next week.  Maybe it gives us time to get things done, receive her papers, etc.  Then we can have our interview in August.  I hope no long term complications that could delay the visa.  My fiancee is healthy but I am anxious to hear the results.  I'm hoping everything is textbook and routine.

Can any of these be done at Medikom?  I have to think so.  Is there an advantage to having them done elsewhere?  Is Medikom more expensive?  Would any of these hold up issuance of a K-1 visa?

Edited by TastyCake

Timeline
1 minute ago, TastyCake said:

Interesting.  When my fiancee made her appointment the woman said the vaccine report wasn't required/necessary but we have it so it will be brought to the exam.  It is also translated in English.

I am happy she is having her medical exam next week.  Maybe it gives us time to get things done, receive her papers, etc.  Then we can have our interview in August.  I hope no long term complications that could delay the visa.  My fiancee is healthy but I am anxious to hear the results.  I'm hoping everything is textbook and routine.

Yes right it is not required for k1, but she will need it later for AOS. The translation is also not required, they have thier own certified form, and they will put everything from old records to this form, also they will do IgG blood tests no matter what she has in her records, because ppl here sometimes buy all this papers..

I just want to be sure I won't need to be busy with this stuff in US..

Timeline
23 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Can any of these be done at Medikom?  I have to think so.  Is there an advantage to having them done elsewhere?  Is Medikom more expensive?  Would any of these hold up issuance of a K-1 visa?

Medicom has DPT vaccines (50$, I believe she said the type they have is required to be done once) and Varicella (twice: 64$+$64).

For Measles they do not have as far as I remember.

Well, I will try to do free shots in my family doctor, I honestly do not think there is any difference and do Varicalla elsewhere, cause this one is not required in Ukraine so it is not FOC. 

Maybe you fiancee will have antibodies to Varicella and Measles, so she won't need any or maybe only one. 

Unfortunately I do not have antibodies (I already checked them in private laboratory) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, A.V said:

What you are looking for is form DS-3025. During your visit to Medicom you need to very explicitly tell them "I am K-1 applicant, and I want to be voluntarily vaccinated for the missing shots." Then make sure they check correct box at the bottom of form DS-3025. If you don't, they will check the box 'K-1 applicant refused vaccinations since they are not required" which might create issues for you later in US when dealing with AOS

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shiran said:

What you are looking for is form DS-3025. During your visit to Medicom you need to very explicitly tell them "I am K-1 applicant, and I want to be voluntarily vaccinated for the missing shots." Then make sure they check correct box at the bottom of form DS-3025. If you don't, they will check the box 'K-1 applicant refused vaccinations since they are not required" which might create issues for you later in US when dealing with AOS

Thanks!

Yes.. but not always you can get everything at Medicom as far as I got them (some vaccines can't be done together; for some revaccination is needed in four weeks; some vaccines they just do not have). In this case I believe they just fill whatever I have at the moment to form DS-3025 and if something is missing I just need to take a translation of proof I got the rest after medical. Is this sound right? 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, A.V said:

Thanks!

Yes.. but not always you can get everything at Medicom as far as I got them (some vaccines can't be done together; for some revaccination is needed in four weeks; some vaccines they just do not have). In this case I believe they just fill whatever I have at the moment to form DS-3025 and if something is missing I just need to take a translation of proof I got the rest after medical. Is this sound right? 

To be clear, vaccines will not delay your K-1. The issue will happen later in US when dealing with AOS. You cannot go just to any random doc with your translation and have them transcribed, you have to go to USCIS designated civil surgeon (There is a tool at USCIS site to look those up). Many of those are shady, and will charge a lot of money effectively preying on vulnerable immigrant population. You only need vaccinations, but many will require to give you full physical including blood tests, which you won't need since you just had it. I would be VERY surprised if any of them would be willing to trust translated vaccination record from Ukraine. This is why getting complete DS-3025 form is the best bet. Medicon will and does look at your "anketas" and they don't need it translated either. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shiran said:

To be clear, vaccines will not delay your K-1. The issue will happen later in US when dealing with AOS. You cannot go just to any random doc with your translation and have them transcribed, you have to go to USCIS designated civil surgeon (There is a tool at USCIS site to look those up). Many of those are shady, and will charge a lot of money effectively preying on vulnerable immigrant population. You only need vaccinations, but many will require to give you full physical including blood tests, which you won't need since you just had it. I would be VERY surprised if any of them would be willing to trust translated vaccination record from Ukraine. This is why getting complete DS-3025 form is the best bet. Medicon will and does look at your "anketas" and they don't need it translated either. 

Ok, hold the phone guys.  I am on the verge of hanging myself here.  I'm not sure what I should be telling my fiance when she goes to her medical exam at Medikom a week from Thursday.

She went to her doctor and got some form with all her current vaccinations on it (is this form what you mean by 'anketa'?).  Even though it seems to have been unnecessary, we had this document translated into English.  I don't know what is on it.  I have never laid eyes on it.  So she will bring this document (and English translation for what it's worth) with her to Medikom.  They will examine her.  This much is clear.

Can someone please tell me what I should tell her from there?  She has to tell them she's a K-1 applicant ?????  They don't know this already ?????  I think she mentioned this when she called and set up the appointment.  Isn't Medikom one of two exclusive clinics the embassy contracts with?  Aren't they even mildly competent?

Should she say that she wants Medikom to administer as many vaccinations as possible (assuming any vaccinations... updated or new... are necessary)?  Like tetanus, etc.?  We want to do this so we're not raked over the coals by these shyster civil surgeons in the United States???

I work really well with bullets.  If there is any way someone can give me some clear, concise bullets on how to deal with vaccinations when at Medikom that would help greatly.  I then need to describe this to my fiancee who will subsequently ask me about 1,000 questions.  I gotta know what I'm talking about.

Timeline
  • Have her bring her anketa from her local clinic with her to Medicom. No translation needed.
  • They will transcribe vaccination from there to DS-3025, and apparently do blood work for measles (this is new)
  • She needs to explicitly tell them she wants any missing vaccinations completed and wants to have DS-3025 which shows it was done. 
  • They might try to talk her out of because "Oh, you don't need it for K-1!" at which point she is to insist she does want them regardless.

jvPTgoJ.jpg?1

She wants DS-3025 that does NOT look like this, but instead has the box on the left checked that says "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" 

Edited by Shiran

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Shiran said:
  • Have her bring her anketa from her local clinic with her to Medicom. No translation needed.
  • They will transcribe vaccination from there to DS-3025, and apparently do blood work for measles (this is new)
  • She needs to explicitly tell them she wants any missing vaccinations completed and wants to have DS-3025 which shows it was done. 
  • They might try to talk her out of because "Oh, you don't need it for K-1!" at which point she is to insist she does want them regardless.

jvPTgoJ.jpg?1

She wants DS-3025 that does NOT look like this, but instead has the box on the left checked that says "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" 

Now THIS is one AMAZING response complete with a picture.  You stole my heart, Shiran... you steely-eyed K-1 advice giver!  😉  Thanks so much !!!  I really appreciate it !!!

Just out of mild curiosity, why would Medikom try to talk her out of getting any vaccinations?  What's in it for them?  Wouldn't they make a little money or something?

About the only concern I have is when A.V. said there might be a reason why there are some vaccinations they couldn't give that day... for whatever reason.  WIth the DS-3025 sealed up for the embassy interview, I don't know what our recourse might be if some vaccinations couldn't be completed.  Or are we 'in the clear' with the AOS if that magic box under section 2 is checked off?

Finally, if you don't mind, can my fiancee see the DS-3025 before she leaves Medikom just to make sure things are checked off correctly?  Can I assume the DS-3025 will become part of the 'package' she cannot open?  Do they give it to her after she passes through security at the POE?  I assume we would need to send it in as part of the AOS.  Seems that way at least.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Finally, if you don't mind, can my fiancee see the DS-3025 before she leaves Medikom just to make sure things are checked off correctly?  Can I assume the DS-3025 will become part of the 'package' she cannot open?  Do they give it to her after she passes through security at the POE?  I assume we would need to send it in as part of the AOS.  Seems that way at least.

• Yes she can see it. She should have a copy handed to her as well as CD with her chest X-Rays in case you ever wanted to see inside of that.
  • I assume there is untainted original DS-3025 inside the package, but as I do not work for USCIS or CBP, I don't know for sure.
  • No, they do not give anything at PoE, except the stamp on the Visa that voids it, and hard stares.
  • We included copy of our copy of DS-3025 with AOS, though I do not believe it required due to aforementioned assumption of the original being inside of the "do not open" envelope. So far we received no RFE about missing vaccinations, but we haven't had interview yet either, so no idea how that will go. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.