TastyCake

Kiev interview calendar question

141 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Our interview was back in February, and yes there was no shortage of open slots. It is possible they are short staffed now, or overly busy going into summer season. 

You can also see another more recent example of a very tight Ukrainian timeline, with interview soon after arrival https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=321151

Call them directly, and see what your options are.

Edited by Shiran

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Our interview was back in February, and yes there was no shortage of open slots. It is possible they are short staffed now, or overly busy going into summer season. 

You can also see another more recent example of a very tight Ukrainian timeline, with interview soon after arrival https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=321151

Call them directly, and see what your options are.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense to me at all.  They are so short-staffed that every single June and July appointment is booked???

I'll be making a call on Monday as well and I already sent an email to their support address.  Something's not right.

Timeline
1 hour ago, romancape said:

They are closed till monday. Just dont know if i should book now or wait till monday. 

I would book now, then call them on Monday and see if you can change it to earlier date. This way at least you are not risking it getting pushed further back. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shiran said:

I would book now, then call them on Monday and see if you can change it to earlier date. This way at least you are not risking it getting pushed further back. 

My fiancee is paying Raiffeisen tomorrow (her local branch is open 10 am - 2 pm on Saturdays) so we can't book any appointments until the payment registers with the embassy.  That may not be until Monday so, when I wake up Monday morning, you can bet I will be on the phone with the embassy to clarify things.  If we truly have to wait until August, we will book our appointment on Monday for that month.  However, I think something is wrong or things are not updated in the embassy calendar.  Here is why I think this.

I ran some reporting tools for Ukraine petitioners who have had an interview date entered in their timeline.  I went back one year and only found maybe 2 or 3 who had to wait longer than a month (from the time the consulate received the case from the NVC to the reported interview date).

For the aforementioned '2 or 3', these people could have miskeyed their interview date.  Or maybe they got it right but their wait was extended due to personal circumstances.  One was something like a 3 month wait.  I have to think that fell under special circumstances.  Or it was a miskey.  Pretty much all other petitioners had their interview in the 1-3 week timeframe.

Furthermore, I did a search of 2018 spring/summer petitioners (i.e. those people whose cases were received by the consulate in May, June, July and August of 2018) and found similar results so there didn't appear to be a summer staffing issue last year that created longer durations.

I will contact the embassy in Kiev on Monday.  It could be something strange happened like 1/2 the staff played the lottery recently AND WON!  Otherwise, I have to believe something is not right (or updated) in their system.  Perhaps their calendar is not fully updated for the month of June and/or July.  Stranger things have happened.

Timeline
2 hours ago, romancape said:

They are closed till monday. Just dont know if i should book now or wait till monday. 

I apologize if you confirmed any of this in a previous post of yours but I just have to ask these questions:

1)  Did you complete your DS-160 already?

2)  Have you or your fiancee paid the visa application fee to Raiffeisen Bank, received a receipt number from them and plugged that number into the appropriate box when attempting to schedule an appointment?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

I apologize if you confirmed any of this in a previous post of yours but I just have to ask these questions:

1)  Did you complete your DS-160 already?

2)  Have you or your fiancee paid the visa application fee to Raiffeisen Bank, received a receipt number from them and plugged that number into the appropriate box when attempting to schedule an appointment?

Yes i completed DS-160 form 3 days ago. My fiancee paid visa fee last week. I tried to booked interview on wednesday and yesterday it was saying me that no avaialbe dates. I woked up today and try to booked and i see closest day is august 7. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, romancape said:

Yes i completed DS-160 form 3 days ago. My fiancee paid visa fee last week. I tried to booked interview on wednesday and yesterday it was saying me that no avaialbe dates. I woked up today and try to booked and i see closest day is august 7. 

Okay I kind of figured you were going to say this and I hope you don't mind the questions but I wanted to be sure.

So now I have another question.  The previous day when you couldn't get the Wednesday you wanted did you see other options in the month of June or July?  But you opted to wait until today and suddenly they disappeared?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Okay I kind of figured you were going to say this and I hope you don't mind the questions but I wanted to be sure.

So now I have another question.  The previous day when you couldn't get the Wednesday you wanted did you see other options in the month of June or July?  But you opted to wait until today and suddenly they disappeared?

I did not want to wait until today. on Wednesday and Thursday there were no vacancies at all in June or July. Just today i can see options for August. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, romancape said:

I did not want to wait until today. on Wednesday and Thursday there were no vacancies at all in June or July. Just today i can see options for August. 

I have a totally unrelated question since I am only a week or two behind you (timeline-wise).  Did you ever formally receive an email from the embassy after your case was delivered there by DHL?  If so, about how long did it take after the case arrived for them to email you?  A day?  A couple of days?  Any startling revelations in the email or was it just a bunch of stuff you could easily get off of the State Department website?

Timeline

I did receive email from embassy like 10 days after they received a case. In email

was saying that i can continue processing my case like filling ds form, scheduling interview , medical etc. also it was encluded scanned 129f with approved stamp and IMBRA brochure

Timeline
3 minutes ago, romancape said:

I did receive email from embassy like 10 days after they received a case. In email

was saying that i can continue processing my case like filling ds form, scheduling interview , medical etc. also it was encluded scanned 129f with approved stamp and IMBRA brochure

So I take it you held off doing anything until the email arrived?

I don't think l'm hearing anything compelling enough in your response to make me wait until I get the email.  The CEAC website lists my status as READY.  I feel like that's telling me I can proceed with paying the visa application fee, scheduling the medical exam and setting up the embassy interview.

If anyone reading this post can give me a good reason to hold off until the email from the embassy arrives, please reply.  Otherwise, it is full speed ahead as far as I'm concerned. 

Timeline

You do not need to wait for any e-mail. Unlike many other countries ALL the information in that e-mail already readily available at https://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

And yes, they do send you a copy of approved 129F which I found to be rather neat. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.