tim_lyn_brigade

Applying for assylum in the Philippines?

42 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, melovescookie said:

Sure that you are wrong? Are you saying you we filipinos dont know whats our right? This is getting confusing... As for laws we dont change it monthly (i sure hope this is sarcasm) anyway it didnt ended on 2003 it was revises and is now called retention or reacquistion of Philippine Citizenship.  http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/services/citizenship-retention-and-aquisition/application-for-retention-re-acquisition-of-phil-citizenship

So i think you might have confused that information. that is an official website so you can say it is legit.

My guess is you are trying to buy a house or car here in the Philippines.

If that is the case here is an information that may help:

1. Both you and your wife has a regular job or employment.

2. Bank account that proof of income and savings (this should show that you can pay the amount in full if there is no work or not a regular employee)

3. For the case of a house and lot foreigners are not allow to purchase unless they become a citizen however for Condo i think its a different case. but you said your wife was in the US for only a PR card which means she is not a US citizen yet which means her Philippine citizenship is still valid. proof of validity is the fact that you were able to return to the country with her Philippine Passport.

Now you being a foreigner you cannot acquire a property  but you wife being a Filipino citizen can (despite you claiming she is stateless when we dont have state based criteria in the Phils)

a. but she needs to have a proof of income or employment that can pay for that expense

b. you have a joint account that states that she has enough money to buy the property ( shouldnt be an issue as you claimed above you are one of the millionaires in the philippines because you are earning 10,000-20,000 a month which i hope in dollars because if its peso then that is just a minimum salary)

4. sponsorship or joint sponsorhip - means a person who agrees to pay for your debt in case you failed to pay for it. which is a filipino citizen too. but this is usually required if you dont have a steady income or doesnt have sufficient evidence that you can pay out debt.

so the big question is are you and your wife currently employed? If not then i suggest to rent out first, find a job and buy it as soon as you have enough evidence of financial support.

I'd like to point out non Filipinos can own property just not land. That's why many expats own condos and such, but like you said the wife can just buy it anyway. 

Edited by Redheadguy03

1 minute ago, tim_lyn_brigade said:

From what language is it?

" Ok, LOL.  This cannot be a real thread.  It has every single element of all of the best queries that commonly incite a VJ frenzy.  You got us 😉 "

Detect language:

"Ok, LOL. This cannot be a real thread. It has every single element of all of the best queries that commonly incite a VJ frenzy. You got us 😉"

I don't get it?

It means you're a troll. 

Or what would be more scary - you're extremely clueless. To put it nicely. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

If she's stateless, I wonder what passport she used to return to the Philippines. Hmm... might have been fraud as well. Better watch out.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 minute ago, Redheadguy03 said:

I'd like to point out non Filipinos can own property just not land. That's why many expats own condos and such, but like you said the wife can just buy it anyway. 

I did mention condo on number 3 and case of house and lot.

Just now, melovescookie said:

Sure that you are wrong? Are you saying you we filipinos dont know whats our right? This is getting confusing... As for laws we dont change it monthly (i sure hope this is sarcasm) anyway it didnt ended on 2003 it was revises and is now called retention or reacquistion of Philippine Citizenship.  http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/services/citizenship-retention-and-aquisition/application-for-retention-re-acquisition-of-phil-citizenship

So i think you might have confused that information. that is an official website so you can say it is legit.

My guess is you are trying to buy a house or car here in the Philippines.

If that is the case here is an information that may help:

1. Both you and your wife has a regular job or employment.

2. Bank account that proof of income and savings (this should show that you can pay the amount in full if there is no work or not a regular employee)

3. For the case of a house and lot foreigners are not allow to purchase unless they become a citizen however for Condo i think its a different case. but you said your wife was in the US for only a PR card which means she is not a US citizen yet which means her Philippine citizenship is still valid. proof of validity is the fact that you were able to return to the country with her Philippine Passport.

Now you being a foreigner you cannot acquire a property  but you wife being a Filipino citizen can (despite you claiming she is stateless when we dont have state based criteria in the Phils)

a. but she needs to have a proof of income or employment that can pay for that expense

b. you have a joint account that states that she has enough money to buy the property ( shouldnt be an issue as you claimed above you are one of the millionaires in the philippines because you are earning 10,000-20,000 a month which i hope in dollars because if its peso then that is just a minimum salary)

4. sponsorship or joint sponsorhip - means a person who agrees to pay for your debt in case you failed to pay for it. which is a filipino citizen too. but this is usually required if you dont have a steady income or doesnt have sufficient evidence that you can pay out debt.

so the big question is are you and your wife currently employed? If not then i suggest to rent out first, find a job and buy it as soon as you have enough evidence of financial support.

We need to buy a house to apply? You need to be a citizen to buy a house. So how could buying a house be a requirement? My wife can't work. How can you even work if you are here illegally? Pay what amount in full? What do we have to pay? No, they pay in PHP here. Not dollars. And that is not minimum! It is one of the highest salaries. We are renting. So we can apply with our rental contract? Do you know where? How?

Just now, Roel said:

It means you're a troll. 

Or what would be more scary - you're extremely clueless. To put it nicely. 

Well you are reported! What a disgusting person!

Just now, Redheadguy03 said:

Do you have a link that says owning property is required to apply?

Just now, geowrian said:

If she's stateless, I wonder what passport she used to return to the Philippines. Hmm... might have been fraud as well. Better watch out.

Really? We did not know! Don't you have to have intent for it to be fraud?

Is this real life?

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

3 minutes ago, tim_lyn_brigade said:

We need to buy a house to apply? You need to be a citizen to buy a house. So how could buying a house be a requirement? My wife can't work. How can you even work if you are here illegally? Pay what amount in full? What do we have to pay? No, they pay in PHP here. Not dollars. And that is not minimum! It is one of the highest salaries. We are renting. So we can apply with our rental contract? Do you know where? How?

Well you are reported! What a disgusting person!

Im wondering if its the wife or the husband writing these... it seems like comprehension is very futile....

Edited by melovescookie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked to further discussion and is not to be restarted in any form or referred to in other threads.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.