Ankit Goyal

F2B category- Visa bulletin is green but stuck on USCIS processing time

14 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I am an Indian national and my priority date is October 2013. My mother is a green card holder and she filed my petition under F2B category.  According to the visa bulletin for June 2019 the date of filing visa application is 8 August 2014, well above my priority date. I recently enquired from USCIS office regarding the same, according to them no visa is available yet for my category. I took the liberty of looking at USCIS processing time. Presently, they are taking 75 to 97 months to adjudicate i-130 cases.

I have few questions. Would appreciate any help in this regard.

1.Should i follow the visa bulletin table or USCIS processing time?

2.What happens if visa bulletin date way surpasses USCIS processing time?

3.Is there a way to expedite the process in my case?

4.When will I be able to re-unite with my family?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Ankit

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ankit Goyal said:

No, my i-130 hasn't been approved yet.

Any ballpark estimate, how much long it will take to get i-130 approved?

if your i-130 hasn't been approved,  then that's where the problem lies. It has to be approved and sent to the NVC,  then you receive your case number from them, that's when you can start checking priority date via visa bulletin 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

But shouldn't we consider date of filing application as the basis for priority date, according to USCIS guidelines.

Only if you are currently in the US and will be going for AOS.

For consular processing, Final Action Date table is what you need to look at. If i130 is already approved and the file sent to NVC, it may start the process few months before the PD becomes current.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

But shouldn't we consider date of filing application as the basis for priority date, according to USCIS guidelines.

Are you inside US or outside US?

Since you asked when you would be able to re-unite with your family, I will assume you are outside US. In that case, final action chart is more relevant. Currently on May 2013.

Someone else in F2B category reported with Feb 2013 priority date approved from Vermont center on April 30th. So that gives you an idea...I think currently they are working on cases from Feb/March 2013 at USCIS Vermont.

Edited by jcracked52

26 minutes ago, jcracked52 said:

Are you inside US or outside US?

Since you asked when you would be able to re-unite with your family, I will assume you are outside US. In that case, final action chart is more relevant. Currently on May 2013.

Someone else in F2B category reported with Feb 2013 priority date approved from Vermont center on April 30th. So that gives you an idea...I think currently they are working on cases from Feb/March 2013 at USCIS Vermont.

Thanks all for your valuable information.

@jcracked52

Outside US, In India.

All the best for your journey. Will keep in touch.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I am new to this blog...

My F2B Priority Date is 17th November 2014

Called USCIS - it will take more time still...within normal processing time they say

My mom about to be citizen, is there a point informing USCIS

PD has become current in visa bulletin thou but case not approved yet by USCIS...not sent to NVC

Thanks,

Aman

8 hours ago, Waiting_ever said:

Hi Guys,

I am new to this blog...

My F2B Priority Date is 17th November 2014

Called USCIS - it will take more time still...within normal processing time they say

My mom about to be citizen, is there a point informing USCIS

PD has become current in visa bulletin thou but case not approved yet by USCIS...not sent to NVC

Thanks,

Aman

Hi Aman,

You haven't specified your question. Make sure to ask your questions in proper format and comprehensively so that the other members can help you.

I am assuming that you are asking that how long it will take for you case to get approved? According to the present processing rate, you should hear from USCIS within 6 months to 1 year. Since you are from India, make sure your birth certificate has your and your parents complete full name. You might have submitted along with i-130, but if name is missing you might receive RFE to submit completely filled and latest birth certificate. 

Your case can only be processed by NVC (visa bulletin) after it gets approval from USCIS. So, visa bulletin date doesn't matter.

About informing USCIS about your Mom's citizenship, i don't have much idea about it. I like to believe that they must have some internal process from which they get to know. In any case, intimation USCIS won't harm anyone. and If I would have been you adjudicating officer, I would have appreciated that.:-p

Regards,

Ankit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.