SJordanS

Help with US Embassy - Amman, Jordan for K1 interviews

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So unfortunately,  Summer 2019 does not offer any more openings for K1 interviews in Amman. I think only one member here on VJ was lucky enough to find and book an interview for July 2 , otherwise there is NOTHING throughout end of August and I don't even see any openings for September (unless it isnt open yet).  Note: Consulate advised me via email last week that they only allow 8 time slots per month for K1 interviews. 

I am reaching out to any K1 members here for Amman and encourage you all to email the Embassy asking they open more time slots for appointment bookings for K1.

Otherwise we are all looking at interviews in September or later. Email them at: Amman-ACS@state.gov. A secondary email is ABPamman@state.gov.

I emailed both addresses today myself and both sent auto responses. Here is what I said in my email which you can copy and paste:

Subject Line: Case #AMM2019XXXX - Passport# NXXXXX - URGENT 

Dear Consular Officer,

I am writing to you today because I am not able to find and book a date for our K1 Interview anywhere in the months of July,  August and even September. On top of that, my NOA2 expires on XX/XXX and Im not sure if I will need an extension or not. 

I am aware that you only allow 8 spots for K1 interviews per month but it seems you may need to allow for more openings since I am still without an appointment and you have already received my package from NVC

Would you please open up more date/time spots for K1 interviews or book an interview for me anytime in the months of July or August?

Thank you,

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
5 hours ago, SJordanS said:

So unfortunately,  Summer 2019 does not offer any more openings for K1 interviews in Amman. I think only one member here on VJ was lucky enough to find and book an interview for July 2 , otherwise there is NOTHING throughout end of August and I don't even see any openings for September (unless it isnt open yet).  Note: Consulate advised me via email last week that they only allow 8 time slots per month for K1 interviews. 

I am reaching out to any K1 members here for Amman and encourage you all to email the Embassy asking they open more time slots for appointment bookings for K1.

Otherwise we are all looking at interviews in September or later. Email them at: Amman-ACS@state.gov. A secondary email is ABPamman@state.gov.

I emailed both addresses today myself and both sent auto responses. Here is what I said in my email which you can copy and paste:

Dear Consular Officer,

I am writing to you today because I am not able to find and book a date for our K1 Interview anywhere in the months of July,  August and even September. On top of that, my NOA2 expires on XX/XXX and Im not sure if I will need an extension or not. 

I am aware that you only allow 8 spots for K1 interviews per month but it seems you may need to allow for more openings since I am still without an appointment and you have already received my package from NVC

Would you please open up more date/time spots for K1 interviews or book an interview for me anytime in the months of July or August?

Thank you,

I sent email to the embassy about appointment problem and i got this message:

If you receive a message that there are no available appointments, don’t worry! We typically schedule appointments three calendar months in advance, and spaces fill fast. Please continue to check the website daily. Availability of appointments varies daily as others cancel/reschedule their appointments. As this occurs, openings become available. 

"Thank you for your email. Appointments for June 2019 are available, please keep monitoring the site for possible cancellation and earlier dates. " 

Timeline
4 hours ago, A@A said:

If you receive a message that there are no available appointments, don’t worry! We typically schedule appointments three calendar months in advance, and spaces fill fast. Please continue to check the website daily. Availability of appointments varies daily as others cancel/reschedule their appointments. As this occurs, openings become available. 

"Thank you for your email. Appointments for June 2019 are available, please keep monitoring the site for possible cancellation and earlier dates. " 

Well  there is a very small percentage of people canceling or postponing K-1 interviews. Because we have to fill those spots. But I think that’s what we have to do we have to check not just daily back several times a day. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
5 hours ago, A@A said:

They wrote June 2019 but that’s impossible. They are referring to tourist visa. Not K-1! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
56 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

They wrote June 2019 but that’s impossible. They are referring to tourist visa. Not K-1! 

i'm confused and feel bad, because there is nothing clear.
its look like lottery, it has been 54 days so far and i can't find appointment.
I prepared everything form I-134, form DS160, pay fee for DS 160, translate my documents,  Certificate of Non-Conviction, except Medical Examination 

Timeline
9 hours ago, A@A said:

i'm confused and feel bad, because there is nothing clear.
its look like lottery, it has been 54 days so far and i can't find appointment.
I prepared everything form I-134, form DS160, pay fee for DS 160, translate my documents,  Certificate of Non-Conviction, except Medical Examination 

wow 54 days? This is iMPOSSIBLE that they are doing this! This is very bad and we, the US Citizens deserve more from our Embassy's. Have you tried calling the Embassy at all? If so what have they told you? I wish I can call from here the only thing is calling the Visa Center. Also can you tell me if you every received instructions from the Embassy by email? 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Yeah we have the same problem for scheduling k1 visa appointment . Our petitions has been approved and nvc sent our Petition to US embassy and we got the instruction sheet via email . We payed the ds160 fee and since 5/8/2019 There are currently no appointments available . I guess we just got to keep trying . Hopefully appointments open up for everyone . 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/26/2019 at 1:34 AM, SJordanS said:

Dear Consular Officer,

Thank you,

How do you know there are no more openings throughout the end of August? And how did anyone figure out there are only 8 slots open each month?? Just curious because I can't seem to get any information when I call anywhere (USCIS, NVC, or the number from ustraveldocs contact). Do you know just from looking at the calendar? Perhaps more days will be officially opening again soon before August? Just wondering. 😊

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mya.Mya said:

How do you know there are no more openings throughout the end of August? And how did anyone figure out there are only 8 slots open each month?? Just curious because I can't seem to get any information when I call anywhere (USCIS, NVC, or the number from ustraveldocs contact). Do you know just from looking at the calendar? Perhaps more days will be officially opening again soon before August? Just wondering. 😊

Mya since this post they have opened up more calendar days in the month of August. They hold back.  When I emailed the Embassy, they themselved emailed back stating 8 per month for K1.  So I updated our consulate information as soon as I got that email. However because of the busy summer and the extreme high demand I think they’ve opened up more slots for us. July is fully booked.  Is the price of the open dates and if they did it would be because of cancellations.  Also, since this post, three of us from our group booked August interview appointments. I’m still trying to get you in our group I’m so frustrated I’m not sure the reason. I have a feeling it’s because you are still too new. You might have to wait one week before you can join group but I did send emails out to senior members. I’m going to tag one here and see what he says.

@TBoneTX  if a member is only one week new to visa Journey could that be a reason why they are unable to join private groups?  I emailed two other senior members but did not get any reply hoping you can let me know. Thanks!  😁🙏🏼 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.