jefraylee

APPROVED BUT BE ADVISED

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

To clarify :

any of these quick and easy divorce sites do not issue a divorce

for a fee they send paperwork for a client to fill out

and only for uncontested divorce (means no children and no property to split and both want the divorce and the state they live in does not have a separation waiting period)

the actual divorce is granted by the court /judge when the papers are properly processed,  fees to court paid,  signed by the judge,  and recorded by the Clerk of the Court

there are many sites offering services but the service is only an empty application paper and not a legal document in any way

only court signed and sealed documents are legal

5 hours ago, jefraylee said:

APPROVED yesterday 23rd May 2019, the journey began since 2013 and finally finally we are there. But being patience in this process is a key. Prove bone fide marriage and provide all documents you should be fine. Another advise to ,those dealing with Ghana embassy please please don't ever present a divorce decree from divorcefast.com to the embassy. THAT DIVORCE DECREE IS THE REASON WHY WE WERE DENIED IN 2014 AND 2017 After uscis reaafirmed the case again. I had a long conversation with a consular in a privare office regards to the divorce decree from DIVORCEFAST.COM, it seems USCIS just approves anything presented to them, which the embassy does the investigation. The consular made it clear to me that the devorce decree we presented was fake and can't be accepted. The story is long if anybody needs an advise can inbox me.

Best wishes to everyone in the journey.

Congratulations on making it through.  I'm sorry about your journey but I assume that doesn't matter anymore now that you are together.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
13 hours ago, kris&me said:

To clarify :

any of these quick and easy divorce sites do not issue a divorce

for a fee they send paperwork for a client to fill out

and only for uncontested divorce (means no children and no property to split and both want the divorce and the state they live in does not have a separation waiting period)

the actual divorce is granted by the court /judge when the papers are properly processed,  fees to court paid,  signed by the judge,  and recorded by the Clerk of the Court

there are many sites offering services but the service is only an empty application paper and not a legal document in any way

only court signed and sealed documents are legal

Well, my wife paid 1,400usd for the service and signed a power of attorney, she was provided with a divorce decree from Mexico not even in the US. She and her Ex husband got married in Utah and one would be woundering how possible an American can easily get a divorce in Mexico. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Congratulations on making it through.  I'm sorry about your journey but I assume that doesn't matter anymore now that you are together.

Thank you. But the information i put out there are for my fellow Ghanaian who are planning to file or are already in the journey, better to know now about those divorce decree than to wait many years. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Good morning said:

What questions were asked 

Lol the embassy already asked all the questions from my previous interviews so this one was a just formality, finger print and approved me. 

18 hours ago, jefraylee said:

it seems USCIS just approves anything presented to them, which the embassy does the investigation.

Pretty much. USCIS does catch some things, but they don't do much investigation for a solo I-130.

Sorry you had to go through all that. Congrats.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Congratulations.  That's a long journey, one that i'm sure has aged and stressed you both for entirely too long.  I can't imagine the relief you must feel to finally have this part over and done with!

You said it yourself, patience is they key.  Those who try shortcuts to marriage like online services, shortcuts to get divorce or other documents to present will always run into issues and slow down their case.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, jefraylee said:

Well, my wife paid 1,400usd for the service and signed a power of attorney, she was provided with a divorce decree from Mexico not even in the US. She and her Ex husband got married in Utah and one would be woundering how possible an American can easily get a divorce in Mexico. 

Americans use to go to Mexico for a quick divorce

it is valid if properly signed by a judge and documented but there are so many fake documents these days,  it would be suspect 

5 hours ago, kris&me said:

Americans use to go to Mexico for a quick divorce

it is valid if properly signed by a judge and documented but there are so many fake documents these days,  it would be suspect 

To clarify this further, having a judge "properly sign" the divorce and have it recognized by the US for immigration purposes would require due process.

For example, generally divorces in DR are valid for US immigration. However, there are cases where people went to the DR just to get a very quick divorce. The judge would effectively sign it so long as you paid the fee, but these were not recognized for US immigration purposes.

The best way to get a divorce and not have any issues is still to file wherever you currently reside (assuming that is possible....as it's generally not possible in PH).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
On 5/25/2019 at 6:17 AM, givionte said:

Congratulations.  That's a long journey, one that i'm sure has aged and stressed you both for entirely too long.  I can't imagine the relief you must feel to finally have this part over and done with!

You said it yourself, patience is they key.  Those who try shortcuts to marriage like online services, shortcuts to get divorce or other documents to present will always run into issues and slow down their case.

Thank you and lol yes some shortcut are dangerious and can cause harm.

Timeline
On 5/25/2019 at 7:32 PM, geowrian said:

To clarify this further, having a judge "properly sign" the divorce and have it recognized by the US for immigration purposes would require due process.

For example, generally divorces in DR are valid for US immigration. However, there are cases where people went to the DR just to get a very quick divorce. The judge would effectively sign it so long as you paid the fee, but these were not recognized for US immigration purposes.

The best way to get a divorce and not have any issues is still to file wherever you currently reside (assuming that is possible....as it's generally not possible in PH).

Sure your domicile is so important regards to filing for a divorce, because the intent to revoke uscis sent us in 2016. The embassy said the state that issued my wife divorce decree in Mexico requires either my wife or her ex husband to live in Mexico for good 6 month before a divorce decree can be obtained there. My wife or her ex husband never in their lives visited Mexico. We had a rough journey but thank God we are finally there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.