bulls2030

Deceased Petitioner and Immigrating to the USA

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I mentioned a year or so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, bulls2020 said:

Well my sister's daughter has immigrated to the US through marriage and she will be a citizen after January 2020. So it seems that may be another option for my sister's daughter to apply for her. But how long does that process take? 

What age is your niece? 

5 minutes ago, bulls2020 said:

Well my sister's daughter has immigrated to the US through marriage and she will be a citizen after January 2020. So it seems that may be another option for my sister's daughter to apply for her. But how long does that process take? 

I was just reading a law site that says if the petitioner passed away before approval the petition does not qualify for humanitarian reinstatement, so this is likely your sister's only option.

It will take about a year after she naturalizes. You may be being optimistic on the timeline for that. I applied n400 in October last year, still waiting, latest estimated time for completion is November this year - and that's only interview, there is still oath. 

One thing confuses me, what is your own status in the US? Did I miss that somewhere?  

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
1 minute ago, bulls2020 said:

Yea thank you. Do you know where I can find that on the USCIS website? 

You can find timelines on here, of course people can only report what has happened, going forward is a bit of a guess, but a reasonable one, Pakistan has long AP to contend with usually and that is always an unknown.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

I was just reading a law site that says if the petitioner passed away before approval the petition does not qualify for humanitarian reinstatement, so this is likely your sister's only option.

It will take about a year after she naturalizes. You may be being optimistic on the timeline for that. I applied n400 in October last year, still waiting, latest estimated time for completion is November this year - and that's only interview, there is still oath. 

One thing confuses me, what is your own status in the US? Did I miss that somewhere? 

Well my sister's daughter green card date it january 2017. and as she married a us citizen she will be able to apply 6 months prior to january 2020 which should be august 2019. I do know there is a backlog on citizenship applications but we can hope. 

my status is a us citizen

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You can find timelines on here, of course people can only report what has happened, going forward is a bit of a guess, but a reasonable one, Pakistan has long AP to contend with usually and that is always an unknown.

so approximately 12 months - 24 months would be a reasonable estimate?

with the new immigration proposal from the current administration it could go longer. i hope my niece can get her citizenship and apply before any visa number changes. 

Just now, bulls2020 said:

Well my sister's daughter green card date it january 2017. and as she married a us citizen she will be able to apply 6 months prior to january 2020 which should be august 2019. I do know there is a backlog on citizenship applications but we can hope. 

my status is a us citizen

It's 90 days in advance, not 6 months. And you can't get citizenship before the 3 years no matter when you file, but it is highly, highly unlikely she will have interviewed and had her oath done by January unless she is truly out in the boondocks with a FO with no backlog. Go back to that processing times link I gave above, and see what it is for N400 at her FO.

2 minutes ago, bulls2020 said:

does petitioner age make a difference in processing time?

No, why would it make a difference? As long as she is a USC and is making enough to petition her mother (your sister) then everything is fine. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
1 minute ago, bulls2020 said:

so approximately 12 months - 24 months would be a reasonable estimate?

with the new immigration proposal from the current administration it could go longer. i hope my niece can get her citizenship and apply before any visa number changes. 

If I was to guess and there are so many variables, I would say 30 months.

Not sure what you mean by proposals, highly unlikely anything will change in my lifetime, process times vary but have always done so.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

If I was to guess and there are so many variables, I would say 30 months.

Not sure what you mean by proposals, highly unlikely anything will change in my lifetime, process times vary but have always done so.

What trump proposed a few days ago regarding having more immigration based on skills (points) and less family based immigration. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.