BiAdam

Frankfurt K1 - Affidavit of Support Documents

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello!

I have some questions regarding the originality of documents. On P3 documents list (https://de.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/Instructions-for-IV-and-K-Visa-Applicants.pdf) i can't see any information regarding original documents. I only know that I-134 must be with original signature.

My fiance needs "verification of deposits" from his bank. It looks like he will get it online, and he will email it to me as well. Is it okay to just print it for P3? Or should he go to his bank and get this from a bank officier?

The same question for tax return transcripts for 1040 and W2. Can he get them online and send them to me by email, or do we need original documents from IRS sent by regular post.

Thanks a lot!

Timeline

You need to get it from the bank it self and IRS , tax return transcripts for 1040 and W2.  it doesn't matter whether is the original or not , it only have to be authentic and real .

Edited by Moses Bee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You do NOT need bank statements signed by a bank officer for the Frankfurt Consulate for your P3 packet documents - the i-134 officially says you need a bank statement from a bank officer, among other things, but the consulate doesn't actually request this if you do not provide it. We still provided a simple photo-copy of one of our recent bank statements, even though it shouldn't be required, just because it can't hurt and it took us 5 minutes to go online and get/print out. For the affidavit of support, you need an actual signed i-134 form (i.e. NOT a photo-copy), as well as transcript of your 2018 Tax Return (fill out form 4506-T to get this). The transcript CAN be a photo-copy, because there is no signature, etc. on it. We used the original, but it shouldn't matter.

Source: just did P3 with Frankfurt in March

Edited by Kürbis&Tannenbaum

Timeline
18 hours ago, Kürbis&Tannenbaum said:

You do NOT need bank statements signed by a bank officer for the Frankfurt Consulate for your P3 packet documents - the i-134 officially says you need a bank statement from a bank officer, among other things, but the consulate doesn't actually request this if you do not provide it. We still provided a simple photo-copy of one of our recent bank statements, even though it shouldn't be required, just because it can't hurt and it took us 5 minutes to go online and get/print out. For the affidavit of support, you need an actual signed i-134 form (i.e. NOT a photo-copy), as well as transcript of your 2018 Tax Return (fill out form 4506-T to get this). The transcript CAN be a photo-copy, because there is no signature, etc. on it. We used the original, but it shouldn't matter.

Source: just did P3 with Frankfurt in March

great news, thanks a lot! for us everything will be a copy except I-134 form. we learnt that the tax transcripts and the bank statement will take longer, so i'll get them online. 

Timeline

I just saw in another post (below) that we need to supply income proof for the last three years, not only 2018.

In P3 instructions from Frankfurt I see ": The most recent IRS-generated transcript of the most recent U.S. Federal Income Tax Return (1040) and W2s are required from all U.S. citizen sponsors/ joint sponsors".

My fiance is waiting for his tax return transcripts 1040 and W2 for 2018, and his bank statements. He also shared his employer's 

2018 federal tax return (form 1120), and the company’s most recent bank statement with his last 2 pay stubs. 

Can anyone clarify this for me please? Our all financial documentation based on 2018, not on 2016 and 2017.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, BiAdam said:

I just saw in another post (below) that we need to supply income proof for the last three years, not only 2018.

In P3 instructions from Frankfurt I see ": The most recent IRS-generated transcript of the most recent U.S. Federal Income Tax Return (1040) and W2s are required from all U.S. citizen sponsors/ joint sponsors".

My fiance is waiting for his tax return transcripts 1040 and W2 for 2018, and his bank statements. He also shared his employer's 

2018 federal tax return (form 1120), and the company’s most recent bank statement with his last 2 pay stubs. 

Can anyone clarify this for me please? Our all financial documentation based on 2018, not on 2016 and 2017.

As the post says, they are filling for the Green Card, not K1 Visa. The last year will be enough, we also submitted  the last year and nobody complained.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Helike said:

As the post says, they are filling for the Green Card, not K1 Visa. The last year will be enough, we also submitted  the last year and nobody complained.

Ah you're right! I didn't realize that somehow :) Thanks a lot for your help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.